Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz steps in - McGregor fight at 170!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Wonder how Conor would respond if Nate gave him the stockton slap. He just started slapping RDA lol.

LMFAO, one of my favorite moments in an MMA fight, Nate got his BUTT whooped but still told him whats up hahaha

Comment

Would this historically be the best trash talking ever leading up to an MMA fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Strength and speed (im assuming hand speed) I think are polar opposite attributes. Speed is genetic, strength is genetic too but it can be gained and can still increase with age, speed declines as you get older and can never be what it once was.

I see some 50 year old men in my gym with arms the size of my waist but they move like molasses. Now lets say one of these 50 year old meat heads (non experienced) was thrown in a boxing ring with a decent small amateur, the odds of the old man winning are slim to none because chances are the boxer would be to skilled, now take a small amateur MMA guy throw him in a cage with a 50 year old meathead (non experienced), chances are the smaller amateur still wins (based on age and skill) but the old guys chances GREATLY increase in a cage just based off size/strength alone. In boxing skill beats strength and weight id say 90+% of the time, in MMA its not quite as high.
        It proves what a great attribute strength is. I also think it negates the idea that these little fighters can possibly be considered the greatest fighters if they can be defeated by a total amateur with strength. They are great fighters within their realm but not in the grand scheme of things, and that's okay. It makes the sport interesting.

Anyway sorry to derail the topic. Looking forward to this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          It proves what a great attribute strength is. I also think it negates the idea that these little fighters can possibly be considered the greatest fighters if they can be defeated by a total amateur with strength. They are great fighters within their realm but not in the grand scheme of things, and that's okay. It makes the sport interesting.

Anyway sorry to derail the topic. Looking forward to this fight.
          No need to apologize bro, good question. But yeah, stylistically this is a really cool MMA fight card. Also Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate on the undercard make it that much better.

Comment

No need to apologize bro, good question. But yeah, stylistically this is a really cool MMA fight card. Also Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate on the undercard make it that much better.
            Yeah I'm starting to get more interested in MMA because boxing and it's politics has been hard to stomach lately.

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to get more interested in MMA because boxing and it's politics has been hard to stomach lately.
              i think thats from the weekend benders

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                i think thats from the weekend benders
                Lol nah my stomach is titanium. I tend to drink more during the week because I live on a busy street, it's hard not to go out. I stay in mostly on the weekend because my girl doesn't have work or school then.

Comment

Lol nah my stomach is titanium. I tend to drink more during the week because I live on a busy street, it's hard not to go out. I stay in mostly on the weekend because my girl doesn't have work or school then.
                  how far are you from rogers centre

Comment

Strength and speed (im assuming hand speed) I think are polar opposite attributes. Speed is genetic, strength is genetic too but it can be gained and can still increase with age, speed declines as you get older and can never be what it once was.

I see some 50 year old men in my gym with arms the size of my waist but they move like molasses. Now lets say one of these 50 year old meat heads (non experienced) was thrown in a boxing ring with a decent small amateur, the odds of the old man winning are slim to none because chances are the boxer would be to skilled, now take a small amateur MMA guy throw him in a cage with a 50 year old meathead (non experienced), chances are the smaller amateur still wins (based on age and skill) but the old guys chances GREATLY increase in a cage just based off size/strength alone. In boxing skill beats strength and weight id say 90+% of the time, in MMA its not quite as high.
                    Yeah, but Jiu Jitsu levels the playing field when it comes to size, especially if you're going up against a bigger meathead with no skill.

If you're more skilled on the ground than a guy who's alot bigger and stronger, you can still win once the distance is closed and it hits the ground.

Royce Gracie was only 178 lbs when he beat a bunch of giants that were taller by 4-5 inches and outweighed him by about 60 or more lbs. That was the whole point of bringing him into the first few UFC events, to show that Jiu Jitsu doesn't require extreme strength or speed.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      how far are you from rogers centre
                      Traffic here is one of the worst in the world but on a good day 45 minutes. Could take hour and a half in rush hour. No traffic 30 minutes. Better off taking the train.

Comment

Working...
                      X