Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz steps in - McGregor fight at 170!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McGregor is the most natural and best talker in any combat sport. Nothing is forced or over rehearsed, he's just sharp.

The balloon animals comment and the remark about the Diaz brothers relationship were absolutely hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      The steroids comment pissed him off. McGregor doesn't look 5'9 either right there.
      Yeah but Conor's response seemed to shut Nate up.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
        3 losses and he's a bum? Boxing fans are the worst.
        Dude I said 3 out if his last 5 fights. How is that anything but bad?. I think he has 7 total

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Yeah but Conor's response seemed to shut Nate up.

I think Nate got into his head moreso, Nate threw out the bait and Conor took it, he responded well but it set a tone. Look how Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz went, Lawler was a bad dude going into that fight but Diaz got into his head pre-fight and made him emotional and clipped him coming in. Say good night Macgregor.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
            Dude I said 3 out if his last 5 fights. How is that anything but bad?. I think he has 7 total
            Nates 18-10, a majority of his losses like his brother Nicks have come from wrestlers that over power them. Thats the downside of MMA, strength can beat skill which is opposite to boxing. This fight will by no means be a wrestling match because if it goes to the ground, Nates got dis!

Comment

Wonder how Conor would respond if Nate gave him the stockton slap. He just started slapping RDA lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Nates 18-10, a majority of his losses like his brother Nicks have come from wrestlers that over power them. Thats the downside of MMA, strength can beat skill which is opposite to boxing. This fight will by no means be a wrestling match because if it goes to the ground, Nates got dis!
                I never understand this argument. Strength is an attribute just like speed. Would you complain if a guy beat another guy based on speed? Why is strength discredited as a valid reason for someone being better?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  I just don't see where Diaz has any advantage standing at all. McGregor's movement is so fluid. His angles and kicks just come from all over. Diaz is tall but he lacks power. If this were Thompson or Hendricks it would be different.

In fact I don't buy what McGregor says about fighting at any weight. I think Diaz was the easiest fight on short notice for them that would sell the most, and he's going to fight RDA and Edgar for his next two fights after this if he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    I never understand this argument. Strength is an attribute just like speed. Would you complain if a guy beat another guy based on speed? Why is strength discredited as a valid reason for someone being better?
                    Strength and speed (im assuming hand speed) I think are polar opposite attributes. Speed is genetic, strength is genetic too but it can be gained and can still increase with age, speed declines as you get older and can never be what it once was.

I see some 50 year old men in my gym with arms the size of my waist but they move like molasses. Now lets say one of these 50 year old meat heads (non experienced) was thrown in a boxing ring with a decent small amateur, the odds of the old man winning are slim to none because chances are the boxer would be to skilled, now take a small amateur MMA guy throw him in a cage with a 50 year old meathead (non experienced), chances are the smaller amateur still wins (based on age and skill) but the old guys chances GREATLY increase in a cage just based off size/strength alone. In boxing skill beats strength and weight id say 90+% of the time, in MMA its not quite as high.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      I just don't see where Diaz has any advantage standing at all. McGregor's movement is so fluid. His angles and kicks just come from all over. Diaz is tall but he lacks power. If this were Thompson or Hendricks it would be different.

In fact I don't buy what McGregor says about fighting at any weight. I think Diaz was the easiest fight on short notice for them that would sell the most, and he's going to fight RDA and Edgar for his next two fights after this if he keeps winning.
                      The thing I like about this fight besides a "Diaz" being in the main event is the similarities it has with a good boxing main event. You have Diaz, a face first boxer against a slicker stand up fighter (boxer mostly) in Mcgregor. Sure the odds are against the come forward fighter like they usually are in boxing but its different because its the first time Mcgregor will fight someone like that. If Nate had a full training camp itd be cool to see how Mcgregor takes pressure for a full 5rds, Id like to see if he could stick and move for 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X