Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I don't understand why this always comes up.

Marcus Davis was a successful boxer, guys stand up with him all the time. Dan hardy beat him just using hands.

Jds was a pan american champ in boxing, cain beat him. Lil nog was as well, guys stand with him all the time. Sean sherk boxed before mma, penn beat the brakes off him.

I already know the response. "They weren't champions like floyd or sergio or canelo etc" then the question shouldn't be does a mma fighter have the balls to stand with a pro boxer. It should be, "does a champion boxer have the balls to fight in a cage?"
    Also Flicker you got to rewatch that fight. That fight was fought just as much on the ground as it was on the floor. Both were shooting for takedowns And from what I remember that was a 50/50 fight. Either one of them could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
      Did you not see the video of Crazy horse KOing Noons?

Totally different sports, plus Rampage had some of the best upper body defense in the sport when he had ibarea in his corner when he first came to the UFC. He was rarely ever tagged clean on the chin. Not to mention the gloves are smaller he only needs one punch. He stood with a K-1 kickboxer and knocked him out,

The Diaz brothers box with Andre Ward, I doubt their scared of anybody. Is it smart? No, but to say nobody would ever stand with a boxer is just not true. The question wasn't is it smart, it's who would.The people I mentioned I think would be the most likely.

I'll take Penn off my list since he takes down his most dangerous strikers, but Rampage would definitely stand. I never said they would win either.
      lol Noons isnt a good boxer and that example is terrible. Do you think Krazy Horse could KO someone thats actually good at boxing? Just because someone has a boxing record doesnt mean they are good boxers.

Lol he had good defense in MMA for striking and the level of competition in kickboxing isnt close to where it is in boxing.

Lol they trained with Ward a couple times. If they fought in a real boxing match, Ward would knock both of them the **** out.

The Diazs' would shoot for a takedown as would Rampage because theyre not morons. No way in hell Rampage goes toe to toe with with any good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
        lol Noons isnt a good boxer and that example is terrible. Do you think Krazy Horse could KO someone thats actually good at boxing? Just because someone has a boxing record doesnt mean they are good boxers.

Lol he had good defense in MMA for striking and the level of competition in kickboxing isnt close to where it is in boxing.

Lol they trained with Ward a couple times. If they fought in a real boxing match, Ward would knock both of them the **** out.

The Diazs' would shoot for a takedown as would Rampage because theyre not morons. No way in hell Rampage goes toe to toe with with any good boxer.
        I just dont think you grasp the aspect that these our 2 different sports. Boxers would be c0cky as hell thinking nobody in MMA could hurt them on the feet. Theirs a lot more tricks to MMA then just traditional striking.

Serra had no business standing with GSP, GSP is 10x the striker serra is. O wait what happened? Cro Cop was way to good a kickboxer for Gonzaga. Gonzaga only hope is LNP or a submission! O wait what happened? Cro Cop got c0cky and got caught with a head kick. Boxers drop their hands all the time, you don't think they wouldn't do that more in MMA thinking nobody could bang with them?

Plus a MMA fighter could easily fake a takedown making the boxer drop their hands to sprawl and get caught with an overhand right. Boxers get caught all the time with "lucky shots", you don't think an MMA fighter could do it?

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
          I just dont think you grasp the aspect that these our 2 different sports. Boxers would be c0cky as hell thinking nobody in MMA could hurt them on the feet. Theirs a lot more tricks to MMA then just traditional striking.

Serra had no business standing with GSP, GSP is 10x the striker serra is. O wait what happened? Cro Cop was way to good a kickboxer for Gonzaga. Gonzaga only hope is LNP or a submission! O wait what happened? Cro Cop got c0cky and got caught with a head kick. Boxers drop their hands all the time, you don't think they wouldn't do that more in MMA thinking nobody could bang with them?

Plus a MMA fighter could easily fake a takedown making the boxer drop their hands to sprawl and get caught with an overhand right. Boxers get caught all the time with "lucky shots", you don't think an MMA fighter could do it?
          lol any top boxer has like 10 times the hands that gsp does. cro cop was past his prime and as i said before, the level of competition in kickboxing is way less than in boxing. yeah, theres a chance that they could get randomly caught and knocked out with a punch but the odds of that happening are extremely slim.

i would say that faking a takedown and throwing an overhand would be the most likely flukish ko that came with hands. theres a difference. boxers get caught all the time with "lucky shots" by other skilled boxers. the odds of an mma fighter catching a boxer with a "lucky shot" is very slim.

Comment

it would be dumb of them to stand, i mean going for a takedown is an insta win so why not take it?

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
              it would be dumb of them to stand, i mean going for a takedown is an insta win so why not take it?
              my point exactly. only a moron would do this. i have met the Diaz's and trained with them at Cesar Gracies several times. i am certain they would not stand with a high level boxer in an mma fight. i dont know why everyone thinks they would...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I could be wrong about jds. I was going by memory not researching anything in the moment.

Marcus Davis was some 20 fights with maybe 2 loses or something.that's pretty good.

I think you're missng the point though. There have been many pro boxers who have fought in mma and have had mixed results. Many of them losing to opponenets who stood and fought them.
                marcus davis was a horrible boxer. any body can have a record like his when they fight nobodies. go look up the records of the guys hes fought

Comment

This thread is a good example of the futility of attempting to have a discussion in a place like this.

Comment

my point exactly. only a moron would do this. i have met the Diaz's and trained with them at Cesar Gracies several times. i am certain they would not stand with a high level boxer in an mma fight. i dont know why everyone thinks they would...
                    Look at this poser.

So you claim you paid for a couple jiu jitsu lessons at Cesar Gracie's. Is that suppose to be impressive or something?

I guess we all have to bow to your superiority.
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 05-11-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that the Diaz brothers would lose in a boxing match to one of the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world? Now you're just being a hater!

Actually, you are just showing yourself to be incapable of engaging in an intelligent discussion. Who in their right mind would give either Diaz a chance against Ward, in a boxing match? That is entirely beside the point.

Comment

Working...
                      X