Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why this always comes up.

Marcus Davis was a successful boxer, guys stand up with him all the time. Dan hardy beat him just using hands.

Jds was a pan american champ in boxing, cain beat him. Lil nog was as well, guys stand with him all the time. Sean sherk boxed before mma, penn beat the brakes off him.

I already know the response. "They weren't champions like floyd or sergio or canelo etc" then the question shouldn't be does a mma fighter have the balls to stand with a pro boxer. It should be, "does a champion boxer have the balls to fight in a cage?"

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Marcus Davis was a successful boxer, guys stand up with him all the time. Dan hardy beat him just using hands.

Jds was a pan american champ in boxing, cain beat him. Lil nog was as well, guys stand with him all the time. Sean sherk boxed before mma, penn beat the brakes off him.

I already know the response. "They weren't champions like floyd or sergio or canelo etc" then the question shouldn't be does a mma fighter have the balls to stand with a pro boxer. It should be, "does a champion boxer have the balls to fight in a cage?"
      Are you sure about JDS's amateur boxing? Because I've never heard anything like that.

Lil Nog was a bronze medalist in the pan ams, and a South American amateur boxing champion.

Comment

Comment

Lol @ Marcus Davis being a successful boxer. JDS, Lil Nog, and Sherk are not good boxers as well.
          Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
          KJ is not the best boxer....

Comment

James Toney was good

Comment

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
              Are you sure about JDS's amateur boxing? Because I've never heard anything like that.

Lil Nog was a bronze medalist in the pan ams, and a South American amateur boxing champion.
              I could be wrong about jds. I was going by memory not researching anything in the moment.

Originally posted by almost View Post
              Lol @ Marcus Davis being a successful boxer. JDS, Lil Nog, and Sherk are not good boxers as well.

KJ is not the best boxer....
              Marcus Davis was some 20 fights with maybe 2 loses or something.that's pretty good.

I think you're missng the point though. There have been many pro boxers who have fought in mma and have had mixed results. Many of them losing to opponenets who stood and fought them.

Comment

Marcus Davis was some 20 fights with maybe 2 loses or something.that's pretty good.

I think you're missng the point though. There have been many pro boxers who have fought in mma and have had mixed results. Many of them losing to opponenets who stood and fought them.
                its not about how many wins and losses you have... marcus davis beat up cans and lost to cans. sure, many pro boxers have fought in mma.... how many were actually good in boxing though? i can have a pro boxing match next month if i wanted to lol.

Comment

Prime Rampage & BJ would stand the best chance and definitely go toe to toe.

Currently definitely Machida, Anderson and the diaz brothers.

Junior Dos Santos would too, and though he has defensive flaws, I think he stands a pretty good chance too because the heavyweights are so poor these days, and terrible cherry pickers.

Arreola vs Stiverne both coming off a year layoff was a #1 contender fight for christ sakes haha

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                    Prime Rampage & BJ would stand the best chance and definitely go toe to toe.

Currently definitely Machida, Anderson and the diaz brothers.

Junior Dos Santos would too, and though he has defensive flaws, I think he stands a pretty good chance too because the heavyweights are so poor these days, and terrible cherry pickers.

Arreola vs Stiverne both coming off a year layoff was a #1 contender fight for christ sakes haha
                    Makes no sense. No MMA fighter would do that. Rampage and BJ would get obliterated if they went toe to toe with any decent boxer. The Diaz brothers would get smashed too. They know this, they aren't dumb. Can you imagine if someone like GGG fought any Diaz in an MMA fight and the Diaz's didnt take him down? JDS isnt a moron either.

Comment

Originally posted by almost View Post
                      Makes no sense. No MMA fighter would do that. Rampage and BJ would get obliterated if they went toe to toe with any decent boxer. The Diaz brothers would get smashed too. They know this, they aren't dumb. Can you imagine if someone like GGG fought any Diaz in an MMA fight and the Diaz's didnt take him down? JDS isnt a moron either.
                      Did you not see the video of Crazy horse KOing Noons?

Totally different sports, plus Rampage had some of the best upper body defense in the sport when he had ibarea in his corner when he first came to the UFC. He was rarely ever tagged clean on the chin. Not to mention the gloves are smaller he only needs one punch. He stood with a K-1 kickboxer and knocked him out,

The Diaz brothers box with Andre Ward, I doubt their scared of anybody. Is it smart? No, but to say nobody would ever stand with a boxer is just not true. The question wasn't is it smart, it's who would.The people I mentioned I think would be the most likely.

I'll take Penn off my list since he takes down his most dangerous strikers, but Rampage would definitely stand. I never said they would win either.

Comment

Working...
                      X