Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current mma fighter would have the balls to stand with a boxer in the octagon???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pettis was a taekwondo guy.

All the tkd guys are beast. Bas Rutten, Anderson Silva, Ben Henderson, Anthony Pettis.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      One FC does that.

Roger Huerta got ktfo by soccer kick.
      Where can I find their events? What channel are they on?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Where can I find their events? What channel are they on?
        They usually have free undercard broadcasts and PPV webfeeds. I think the cards are $10 if I recall correctly. I usually order them. The feeds are decent quality and include English commentary.

Their next card is 5/31.

http://www.onefc.com/

The fightcard:
        http://www.onefc.com/events/18-one-f...mpionship.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mugicha View Post
          They usually have free undercard broadcasts and PPV webfeeds. I think the cards are $10 if I recall correctly. I usually order them. The feeds are decent quality and include English commentary.

Their next card is 5/31.

http://www.onefc.com/

The fightcard:
          http://www.onefc.com/events/18-one-f...mpionship.html
          Sounds like my kind of organization, in terms of rules and exciting fights. One more question about them though. Why do they only have champions in 3 of their 9 weight classes?

And is KSW televised anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Sounds like my kind of organization, in terms of rules and exciting fights. One more question about them though. Why do they only have champions in 3 of their 9 weight classes?

And is KSW televised anywhere?
            I don't know why. Maybe it is because they are a relatively new promotion, and they chose to build up their divisions in order to produce contenders to eventually fight for titles. That is just a guess, as I really don't know.

I've only seen KSW on streams and on downloads/web videos. As far as I know, it is only on Polish TV, and maybe other European TV stations.

Comment

Okay good, I might be able to find it then. Just wondering because I know Manheof's next fight is with KSW.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                He had a good record. At the rate he was going, he would have been a belt holder at the least . 20 fights and 1 loss. He would have held a title if he didn't convert to mma.

Anyways the topic was about MMA fighters, standing with boxers in an mma fight. I have given examples of this.

Now if you want to say, a top boxer. Then the question has to change.

Does an elite/top boxer have the balls to fight mma? Because the ball is in the boxer's court at that point.

You can ask every ufc fighter if they would fight a boxer in mma. They would all literally say yes. Sean Sherk and Dana confronted Floyd about this and Floyd back pedaled. I doubt you would find many boxers who would say yes to that same question.
                Uhh....

Davis' last fight was a loss to a guy named Ed Bryant who's current day career record is 11 wins 6 losses. K.J Noons loss to a fighter named Daniel Stanislavjevic who's current day career record is 8 wins and 18 losses

This is what happened when Ray Sefo tried to take on some unknown bum named Chester Hughes in a Boxing match. Keep in mind that Ray Sefo is a K-1 legend and a Thai Boxer. He has far better stand up than most MMA fighters do .

a lot of MMA fans just don't understand what an elite Boxer is, or how technical and dangerous he can be on his feet. Elite Boxers are a completely different species from just anyone who can get a Boxing license. Most MMA fighters standing with anyone in the top 100 of any Boxing division would be very risky, the top 50 would just be stupid (when they could just take the guy down).
                Last edited by res; 05-25-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

i wanna see canelo in the ring with rashad evans , or GGG against rashad that i'll be crazy

Comment

Originally posted by edwinteamDSG View Post
                    i wanna see canelo in the ring with rashad evans , or GGG against rashad that i'll be crazy
                    No it won't, it will look like Couture vs Toney.

Comment

• Originally posted by almost View Post
                      lol they really arent. just because someone has a boxing record, doesnt mean theyre a good boxer. do you honestly think that KJ Noons or Marcus Davis could have made noise in boxing?

They couldn't have even broken the top 100.

I think many MMA fans are as niave about this as Boxing fans once were about how easily a striker can be taken down. And since most MMA fighters actually know better, and are always going to do what's most practical, it's not as easy to just debunk it in the octagon.

Comment

Working...
                      X