No announcement yet.

I think UFC is desperate..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    How is wrestling and UFC not in competition? They share the same damn fanbase and you know this.
    This is ignorant...

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
      Usually they have one big star per PPV but now they got 3. Of course the fans want to see them but it's not a smart thing business wise for UFC.
      Usually there are several big fights per card (though there have been more frequent cards with fewer big names over the last few months). To be completely honest, we were seeing cards that were more stacked than 112 in the past.

The UFC is definitely not hurting for PPV sales though. They've had 6 of the top 10 PPV events for the last 4 years straight.

Comment

Dont know your complaining, recently the ufc has put on some really really bad cards, whether due to injury or not. this card starts a good few months for the ufc. Im most looking forward to the rematch of machida vs shogun, Hope shogun ko's his ass.
        112 was going to be so much better than it is. a.silva will walk all over maia. whereas if he fough belfort, then it would have been a great fight imo.

Comment

Seems so, without brock and the wwe fanbase mma will never sell a million ppv's again

Comment

by looking at UFC:112. They got their biggest stars in the card, A. Silva, Penn, and Hughes. I think they're a little desperate for PPV buys right now.
            Or...they're commemorating the work Abu Dahbi has done for the sport by putting on a killer card.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              Well Dana White purposely put UFC's last ppv on the same weekend as wrestlemania to try and prove more people are into UFC. But this weekend I think he chose the wrong ppv to try and outsell, it's wrestlings biggest event.

Someone post the ppv sales on both.
              This is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Ether View Post
              Actually he's twice before put his ppvs the same day as boxing ones(to try and prove more people are into MMA) and was going for this weekend against wrestlemania.
              This is Boxing fan talk. UFC sets up cards months ahead. It's the Boxing promoters who set up cards the same day as MMA cards. This is due to ignorance and insecurity.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                How is wrestling and UFC not in competition? They share the same damn fanbase and you know this.
                Sports Entertainment fans are not martial arts fans. If they were, then martial arts tournaments would have larger venues.

Comment

by looking at UFC:112. They got their biggest stars in the card, A. Silva, Penn, and Hughes. I think they're a little desperate for PPV buys right now.
                  They are kind of desperate right now, but the thing that pisses me off about this card... Is that they have both title holders fighting less than worthy opposotion for the belts, it's a disgrace.

Comment

Silva was supposed to fight Belfort, because of injuries the opponent had to change

and Penn vs pretty much anyone at Lightweight looks like a mismatch regardless

if anything the UFC signing James Toney was a desperate move, especially considering how much Dana White rips on boxing for being such a boring sport

and for him to go out and sign an out of weigh, out of prime, old fat heavyweight .... I fail to see the need.

going back to UFC 112 next weekend again what's so desperate about having 2 title defenses on one card? Wouldn't Penn + Silva together sell better?

they did the same thing with Penn + Silva fighting at the 101 card .. and this time Anderson is defending his title

Usually they have one big star per PPV but now they got 3. Of course the fans want to see them but it's not a smart thing business wise for UFC.
                    why isn't it smart business? that's a bold thing to say, without anything to support it

Penn + Anderson on the same card should = more drawing power and as a result more PPV buys

would you suggest the opposite then? only having 1 star. the UFC is going into a brand new market in regards to Abu Dhabi and wants to capture the public interest

yes the UFC brand name sells, but so do stars ... granted because of injuries the match ups aren't exactly ideal

but given the situation of the UFC going to a new market in the Arab Embasy

how is putting 2 champions and relatively big names a bad thing?

[QUOTE=Ether;7938189 Someone post the ppv sales on both.[/QUOTE]

I stopped watching wrestling quite some time ago, but I am kind of curious to see how Wrestlemania did. I've read that pro wrestling is falling off a bit ... any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                      if anything the UFC signing James Toney was a desperate move, especially considering how much Dana White rips on boxing for being such a boring sport

and for him to go out and sign an out of weigh, out of prime, old fat heavyweight .... I fail to see the need.
                      1. Showtime wanted to do Toney vs. Walker

2. Dana got real tired of sports media hanging off of Herschel Walker's nuts and is using Toney as bait to make the sports media look like idiots.

3. Dana has morbid curiosity.

Comment

Working...
                      X