Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on BJ Penn at welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they only guy that can move up and be just as dominate is Anderson Silva. And even he has admitted that Lyoto gives him problems in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post

So 40 year old Renzo, Rodrigo and Ludwig are top fighters, Lyoto Machida wasn't even ranked at that point and BJ lost.

LMAO.

There are no fans more delusional than Penn Fans.

Penn beats a few overrated and overhyped LW's and all of sudden he can beat anybody?

GSP beats Penn everytime.
      it doesn't matter he left ufc because he wasn't getting paid enough.

k-1 (i.e. japan) pays a lot of money for gracie fights.

ludwig was coming off of back to back wins over pulver and genki sudo , fool.

Comment

What you weigh in on fight night has nothing to do with what weight class you are in. Are you ******ed?

You are just as blind as tocayito1. GSP has never tested positive for roids, but BJ Penn has also been seen plain as day on video smoking marijuana.

the steroids thing is a joke you stupid fuck.

didn't i type he comes in fight night at light heavyweight?

did i say he weighs in at light heavyweight?

stupid lame.

Comment

What you weigh in on fight night has nothing to do with what weight class you are in. Are you ******ed?

You are just as blind as tocayito1. GSP has never tested positive for roids, but BJ Penn has also been seen plain as day on video smoking marijuana.

So 40 year old Renzo, Rodrigo and Ludwig are top fighters, Lyoto Machida wasn't even ranked at that point and BJ lost.

LMAO.

Penn beats a few overrated and overhyped LW's and all of sudden he can beat anybody?

LOOL BJ Penn fans delusional? You ride GSP's *** toooooo hard. You even posted a thread pleeeaading everyone to please vote for GSP as Canadian Athlete of the Year.

I believe a focused and dedicated BJ will beat GSP if they ever fight a third time. If he gains that weight by eating an extra Big Mac or two a day then he'll naaahhh. But if he bust's his ass, and tighten up his techinque, I think he has a hell of a chance of beating anyone in Welterweight.

And for the record, GroundSt.Pound, you're a good poster. But you got GSP's balls way too deep in your mouth homie....get some air every once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
            LOOL BJ Penn fans delusional? You ride GSP's *** toooooo hard. You even posted a thread pleeeaading everyone to please vote for GSP as Canadian Athlete of the Year.

I believe a focused and dedicated BJ will beat GSP if they ever fight a third time. If he gains that weight by eating an extra Big Mac or two a day then he'll naaahhh. But if he bust's his ass, and tighten up his techinque, I think he has a hell of a chance of beating anyone in Welterweight.

And for the record, GroundSt.Pound, you're a good poster. But you got GSP's balls way too deep in your mouth homie....get some air every once in awhile.
            I am a GSP fan, and the fact that I asked people to vote for GSP in CAOTY, was not only for GSP but for the sport. And he beat Sidney Crosby by nearly 20% of the votes. Which is insane considering how great Crosby is and how much bigger Hockey is than MMA.

Secondly, I may have GSP's balls on my chin, but none of what I'm saying about him is anything far from the truth. You and the rest of the BJ Penn fans don't seem to quite grasp the fact that BJ is not as great as you make him out to be.

A focused and dedicated BJ couldn't beat GSP the last time. Or was that not the focused BJ Penn either?

Penn nuthuggers are always delusional and they always have an excuse for why he loses, is out of shape.
            Last edited by TheNegation; 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Peyton Manning is the greatest Quarterback of all time, he should stop being a ***** and play Middle Linebacker.

Does that make any sense?

I'm sorry but you need to get up off BJ's nuts. Balls or not he hasn't beaten anyone of relevance other than Matt Hughes.

BJ isn't or wasn't ballsy. He was an idiot. Had he stayed in the UFC and not taken the WW belt to K-1 and played musical divisions, he really WOULD be the greatest of all time. But he's not.

Seriously get the **** out
              the peyton manning reference doesnt make sense...and dont talk about being on some ones nuts your obviously riding gsp's and your a bj hater...bj is the man and is more talented than any one else in mma

anderson moves up bj moves up machida wants to move to heavyweight they all want to challenge themselves except gsp hes dominant in 170 so why doesnt he move up? hes a massive welter...hes scared to thats why....and lol at koscheck daley and johnson beating bj penn...clearly a bj hater

and yes bj penn-greatest fighter of all time said by
              tocayito1-greatest man that ever lived

Comment

LMAO.

koscheck is nothing special
                alves is nothing special he has standup but uses it very stupidly
                hughes was past his prime 3rd fight
                serra at 170 sucks
                sherk at 170 sucks
                fitch outside of hermes franca..sherk and guida might have the worst standup in ufc

whos over hyping opponents? gsp has no challengers in ww so why wouldnt he move up?

bj cant wait to move up because he knows at lightweight nobody can **** with him..he wants to challenge himself...im the delusional one? are you serious? im sure you think dan hardy is in the top p4p list too right?

Comment

I am a GSP fan, and the fact that I asked people to vote for GSP in CAOTY, was not only for GSP but for the sport. And he beat Sidney Crosby by nearly 20% of the votes. Which is insane considering how great Crosby is and how much bigger Hockey is than MMA.

Secondly, I may have GSP's balls on my chin, but none of what I'm saying about him is anything far from the truth. You and the rest of the BJ Penn fans don't seem to quite grasp the fact that BJ is not as great as you make him out to be.

A focused and dedicated BJ couldn't beat GSP the last time. Or was that not the focused BJ Penn either?

Penn nuthuggers are always delusional and they always have an excuse for why he loses, is out of shape.
                  are you saying that bj weighing in at 168 and looking chubby is him being in shape? really he took a week off of training 2 times...was it ******ed?hell yea..hes arrogant and believes he can beat any one on talent alone and that was true for a while until the late rounds when he gasses..

hughes 2nd fight bj was dominating but gassed and lost
                  pulver 1st fight same thing
                  gsp 1st fight same thing

hughes-said gsp greases
                  serra-after beating gsp said he was greasy
                  miller-said gsp was greasing to big john mcarthy in between rounds
                  sherk-said gsp felt slippery as hell

dude its fine to follow a fighter but dont insult others who like different fighters..im just pointing out bj's balls and his amazing talent

like i said bj penn is the greatest ever

Comment

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
                    koscheck is nothing special
                    alves is nothing special he has standup but uses it very stupidly
                    hughes was past his prime 3rd fight
                    serra at 170 sucks
                    sherk at 170 sucks
                    fitch outside of hermes franca..sherk and guida might have the worst standup in ufc
                    I can't even put in to words how ******ed this post is.

whos over hyping opponents? gsp has no challengers in ww so why wouldnt he move up?
                    Nobody is overhyping opponents. GSP continually fights top contenders, BJ doesn't.

bj cant wait to move up because he knows at lightweight nobody can **** with him..he wants to challenge himself...im the delusional one? are you serious? im sure you think dan hardy is in the top p4p list too right?
                    Yeah it's good that he wants to challenge himself, but GSP unlike Penn, knows moving up to challenge yourself without being in shape and prepared is stupid. GSP wants to move up so he can WIN. BJ obviously doesn't have the presence of mind to take the time to gain the healthy weight he needs to move up without taking a hit to his stamina.

GSP said he's going to move up which is why he's bulking right now, in case you haven't read around, GSP is walking around at 200lbs now. GSP knows that he can't put on a bunch of sloppy weight and do things half-assed. Especially when he's going to be fighting arguably one of the top 3 P4P fighters in the world in Anderson Silva.

Dan Hardy will be the first fight that GSP has had in over 4 years that isn't a highly ranked contender.

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
                    are you saying that bj weighing in at 168 and looking chubby is him being in shape? really he took a week off of training 2 times...was it ******ed?hell yea..hes arrogant and believes he can beat any one on talent alone and that was true for a while until the late rounds when he gasses.
                    BJ Penn and ALL his fans claimed that before the second fight that he was in shape and ready to "kick GSP's ass" Then when he gets beat down he was all of sudden not 100%? Oh and here comes the fact that he took off for 2 weeks. This statement right here is a testament to BJ's lack of discipline. No wonder his track record outside of LW isn't impressive.

Penn and his fans love making excuses don't they?

hughes 2nd fight bj was dominating but gassed and lost
                    pulver 1st fight same thing
                    gsp 1st fight same thing
                    More excuses?

hughes-said gsp greases
                    serra-after beating gsp said he was greasy
                    miller-said gsp was greasing to big john mcarthy in between rounds
                    More excuses? Why did Hughes and Miller wait 4 years to come out and say this? Why didn't they take legal action? Because it's bull****.

sherk-said gsp felt slippery as hell
                    Oh yeah. We should all listen to and believe the word of a roider...

dude its fine to follow a fighter but dont insult others who like different fighters..im just pointing out bj's balls and his amazing talent

like i said bj penn is the greatest ever
                    I never said there was anything wrong with being a fan of a certain fighter. I'm simply saying that comparing BJ's career accomplishments as being better than GSP's is simply not true. Fedor's record against top flight competition isn't even that consistent.

Even Penn Nuthuggers I know will even admit that.

I'm also pointing out how idiotic you are by discrediting every opponent GSP has fought (Alves, Fitch, Penn, Sherk, Trigg, Hughes, Serra) like they're a bunch of scrubs yet you think

Rodrigo Gracie
                    Renzo Gracie
                    Duane Ludwig
                    Jens Pulver
                    Joe Stevesnon

are more formidable opponents.

Really it's quite ridiculous.
                    Last edited by TheNegation; 12-16-2009, 12:43 AM.

Comment

I can't even put in to words how ******ed this post is.

Nobody is overhyping opponents. GSP continually fights top contenders, BJ doesn't.

Yeah it's good that he wants to challenge himself, but GSP unlike Penn, knows moving up to challenge yourself without being in shape and prepared is stupid. GSP wants to move up so he can WIN. BJ obviously doesn't have the presence of mind to take the time to gain the healthy weight he needs to move up without taking a hit to his stamina.

GSP said he's going to move up which is why he's bulking right now, in case you haven't read around, GSP is walking around at 200lbs now. GSP knows that he can't put on a bunch of sloppy weight and do things half-assed. Especially when he's going to be fighting arguably one of the top 3 P4P fighters in the world in Anderson Silva.

Dan Hardy will be the first fight that GSP has had in over 4 years that isn't a highly ranked contender.

BJ Penn and ALL his fans claimed that before the second fight that he was in shape and ready to "kick GSP's ass" Then when he gets beat down he was all of sudden not 100%? Oh and here comes the fact that he took off for 2 weeks. This statement right here is a testament to BJ's lack of discipline. No wonder his track record outside of LW isn't impressive.

Penn and his fans love making excuses don't they?

More excuses?

More excuses? Why did Hughes and Miller wait 4 years to come out and say this? Why didn't they take legal action? Because it's bull****.

Oh yeah. We should all listen to and believe the word of a roider...

I never said there was anything wrong with being a fan of a certain fighter. I'm simply saying that comparing BJ's career accomplishments as being better than GSP's is simply not true. Fedor's record against top flight competition isn't even that consistent.

Even Penn Nuthuggers I know will even admit that.

I'm also pointing out how idiotic you are by discrediting every opponent GSP has fought (Alves, Fitch, Penn, Sherk, Trigg, Hughes, Serra) like they're a bunch of scrubs yet you think

Rodrigo Gracie
                      Renzo Gracie
                      Duane Ludwig
                      Jens Pulver
                      Joe Stevesnon

are more formidable opponents.

Really it's quite ridiculous.
                      ok your saying that gsp fights the best in welter which is true and you make it seem like bj is fighting the worst at lw? who do you want him to fight at lw thats in the ufc?

i never said that either of the gracies were good wins at all they are not world beaters and seems like he just wanted to stay active
                      never said stevenson was a good win..hes overrated same with pulver at that point...ludwig isnt that great but hes been in their with some tough competition and isnt horrible

fitch is no scrub i never said he was..he just has horrendous standup
                      sherk and serra are no good at 170 which is why they had their best success at 155
                      trigg? really? you think hes elite?
                      alves again isnt that great he has overrated ground game and while he has good standup..he uses it very stupidly at time..like keeping a far distance and leading with a straight right even with a small reach
                      and you down grading his win over penn by saying that penn is no good at welter..even though he destroyed the most dominant welter ever at his best

i never said bj was in good shape before the 2nd gsp fight i thought it was ******ed he wieghed in at 168

miller didnt wait 4 yrs..he was saying it in between rounds during their fight and they cant take legal action because theres no rules against it

damn your contradiction and one sided bias and insults are very childish and laughable..keep it up buddy im pretty entertained

Comment

Working...
                      X