Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on BJ Penn at welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes a better all around fighter than gsp its just gsp is a huge welter and just dwarfs bj if bj was a natural welter he would clean out that division...the guys at 155 are better collectively than the guys at 170

Comment

BJ Penn is going to have to put on more weight which means he'll have to get used to dealing with 15 extra pounds on top of his already questionable cardio. Stye wise I think he can beat Fitch maybe Kos but what about a guy like Thiago Alves. Sure BJ is way more talented then Thiago but how does he deal with his size? He doesn't have GSP's takedown ability to nuetralize his striking and I doubt BJ is going to check his leg kicks like he does his other foes. There's alot of guys in that division that give BJ problems just because of size. This isn't like boxing where you move up a few pounds (130 to 135 or 140 to 147). It's a clean 15 pound jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        gsp is just too damn big.

gsp comes in the ring at light heavyweight.
        Not really GSP weighs about 185-187 on fight night. He looks heavier than he really is because of how wide his frame is.

I don't see BJ doing very well at all at Welterweight.

I see Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Johnson, hell even Daley beating him, let alone GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
          Not really GSP weighs about 185-187 on fight night. He looks heavier than he really is because of how wide his frame is.

I see Fitch, Alves, Koscheck, Johnson, hell even Daley beating him, let alone GSP.
          I see him having a hard time as well. The BJ we're seeing now is a slim in shape BJ who's 160 lbs. A move to welterweight means either A) He's going to have to give up too much size or B) He's going to have to add weight while maintaining his new found cardio improvement. Either one gives him a huge disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
            I think if BJ gets that third fight, he'll beat GSP.
            Because he did so well in the last fight right?

Comment

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
              that greaser is too much of a ***** to move up...doesnt have the balls that bj does
              Peyton Manning is the greatest Quarterback of all time, he should stop being a ***** and play Middle Linebacker.

Does that make any sense?

I'm sorry but you need to get up off BJ's nuts. Balls or not he hasn't beaten anyone of relevance other than Matt Hughes.

BJ isn't or wasn't ballsy. He was an idiot. Had he stayed in the UFC and not taken the WW belt to K-1 and played musical divisions, he really WOULD be the greatest of all time. But he's not.

Seriously get the **** out
              Last edited by TheNegation; 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

anything above 185 is light heavyweight in mma.

chubby bj penn at 170 beats all those guys.

he would have beat gsp last time out if gsp hadn't gone on the pacman roids.

Comment

Peyton Manning is the greatest Quarterback of all time, he should stop being a ***** and play Middle Linebacker.

Does that make any sense?

I'm sorry but you need to get up off BJ's nuts. Balls or not he hasn't beaten anyone of relevance other than Matt Hughes.

BJ isn't or wasn't ballsy. He was an idiot. Had he stayed in the UFC and not taken the WW belt to K-1 and played musical divisions, he really WOULD be the greatest of all time. But he's not.
                  Seriously get the **** out
                  bj only left the ufc for 2 years.

he fought 2 gracies , duane ludwig and lyoto machida.

it's not like he was fighting king of the cage.

Comment

anything above 185 is light heavyweight in mma.

chubby bj penn at 170 beats all those guys.

he would have beat gsp last time out if gsp hadn't gone on the pacman roids.
                    What you weigh in on fight night has nothing to do with what weight class you are in. Are you ******ed?

You are just as blind as tocayito1. GSP has never tested positive for roids, but BJ Penn has also been seen plain as day on video smoking marijuana.

bj only left the ufc for 2 years.

he fought 2 gracies , duane ludwig and lyoto machida.

it's not like he was fighting king of the cage.
                    So 40 year old Renzo, Rodrigo and Ludwig are top fighters, Lyoto Machida wasn't even ranked at that point and BJ lost.

LMAO.

There are no fans more delusional than Penn Fans.

Penn beats a few overrated and overhyped LW's and all of sudden he can beat anybody?

GSP beats Penn everytime.

Comment

BJ at 170 has too many stamina issues. WW has too many good wrestlers that would tire BJ out.
                      Last edited by Rabbit ♠; 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X