No announcement yet.

Kayla Harrison vs Holly Holm UFC 300

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

So far google shows the main event is Gaethe vs Holloway and the co-main is Zhang vs the other Chinese chick.

Both fights should be fun, but Gaethe vs. Holloway for the BMF belt doesn't seem significant enough to be a main event.

They still have 3 months to plan for a better main event.

UFC 100 was great. UFC 200 was also a fun event but I remember they had to book fights quickly because their original main events fell through (Jones vs. DC 2 and Conor vs Diaz 2), they at least made the most out of it with Brock coming back and having Silva take Jones' spot against DC.
    In fairness to them the card does look like it'll be fun for the hardcores, but there's nothing big really to me thats casual fan friendly really yet. Conor is out. JBJ is out. Izzy vs someone seems like the move. Or if they could get Stipe off his ass vs someone (Tom) that might get some hype. Idk its looking bleak lol.

Tapology & fans have been saying Leon vs Belal will be the main event for a few wks now & its not been shotdown by anyone so far.

Comment

Harrison is coming off a loss and pretty blatantly went over to UFC to **** Chris Cyborg.... the money is bigger in PFL.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Harrison is coming off a loss and pretty blatantly went over to UFC to **** Chris Cyborg.... the money is bigger in PFL.
        Nah she won her last fight.

Idk that the Cyborg fight was gonna happen & I'm guessing thats part of why she left. Cyborg is doing more boxing than MMA lately. She's had like 3 boxing matches & 1 mma fight in last 2ish yrs I believe.

Comment

Harrison knows how to lose weight safely. She spent 90% of her Judo career fighting at 78kg but in 2013 she dropped down to 70kg for a tournament and won it then went back up to her normal weight. And she has fought most of her MMA career at lightweight, but she she did drop down to featherweight for a single fight in 2020.

If she says she can make 135 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. She has been a world class competitor since 2008 when she won the junior world championships, she knows her body.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Harrison knows how to lose weight safely. She spent 90% of her Judo career fighting at 78kg but in 2013 she dropped down to 70kg for a tournament and won it then went back up to her normal weight. And she has fought most of her MMA career at lightweight, but she she did drop down to featherweight for a single fight in 2020.

If she says she can make 135 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. She has been a world class competitor since 2008 when she won the junior world championships, she knows her body.
            Yea idk man. Shes competed under 155 2 or 3 times in a 16yr amateur & pro career as best as I can tell & never been lower than 145. And its one thing to get to the weight, its a whole other thing to compete at your best after a cut like that.

That said Holm is old is dirt now so shes ripe to be beat by even a subpar Kayla so who knows what happens. I just wouldn't be surprised if she ends up coming in over or having a health issue that cancels the fight.

Comment

Surprised Holly Holm is still fighting in the UFC. She KO'd Ronda, but did nothing much since, and took many losses.
              Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Both of them chicks are way too muscular. No thanks. Harrison is good though. Did even better in Olympic Judo than Ronda Rousey, she's legit. Hope she dominates in the UFC too so not Dana or anyone else can claim that she didn't have big wins or do well in a major promotion. Shut that girl's name guy right up. As if it's not because more fighters would want to sign with them if they were actually treated better and paid more, like where Kayla came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Both of them chicks are way too muscular. No thanks. Harrison is good though. Did even better in Olympic Judo than Ronda Rousey, she's legit. Hope she dominates in the UFC too so not Dana or anyone else can claim that she didn't have big wins or do well in a major promotion. Shut that girl's name guy right up. As if it's not because more fighters would want to sign with them if they were actually treated better and paid more, like where Kayla came from.
                  Yeah, Ronda was nowhere near Kayla's level as a Judoka.

Kayla:
                  2X Olympic Gold Medalist
                  1X World Judo Championships Gold Medalist, 2X Bronze Medalist
                  2X Pan American Games Gold Medalist
                  2X Pan American Judo Championships Gold Medalist, 1X Silver Medalist, 2X Bronze Medalist
                  2X Judo World Masters Gold Medalist
                  3X IJF Grand Slam Gold Medalist, 5X Silver Medalist, 1X Bronze Medalist
                  8X IJF Grand Prix Gold Medalist, 1X Silver Medalist, 5X Bronze Medalist
                  1X World Junior Championships Gold Medalist, 1X Silver Medalist
                  Youngest American in history to be awarded a 6th dan black belt

Ronda:
                  1X Olympic Bronze Medalist
                  1X World Judo Championships Silver Medalist
                  1X Pan American Games Gold Medalist
                  2X Pan American Judo Championships Gold Medalist, 1X Silver Medalist, 1X Bronze Medalist
                  1X World Junior Championships Gold Medalist, 1X Bronze Medalist

And Kayla is 10X better as a striker in MMA, too.
                  Last edited by famicommander; 01-26-2024, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Looks like Kayla-Holm is prelim headliner, figured it’d be apart of PPV. Izzy-DDP , Leon-Belal or y’all think they got a surprise match up coming for main ?

anyone think Izzy-Chimaev is a possibility?
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by edpboxing; 01-26-2024, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
                      Looks like Kayla-Holm is prelim headliner, figured it’d be apart of PPV. Izzy-DDP , Leon-Belal or y’all think they got a surprise match up coming for main ?

anyone think Izzy-Chimaev is a possibility?
                      From the POV Kayla might not even be able to fight or make weight I think its probably smart to have it as the prelim "main event".

If DDP can fight after that rough Strickland fight in quick order I think DDP vs Izzy is the fight to make. That fight gots built in hype & drama & is the easiest to sell.

I'd like to think Izzy vs Chimaev is possible, but idk that its a fight Izzy sees much upside in with his current state & idk if Chimaev can get into the US anymore due to his relationship with the dictator guy. So idk about that one.

Leon vs Belal makes me sleepy thinking about while respecting both guys skills. Its just not a big fight card fight.

Idk what else they could pull out of a hat randomly thats main event worthy.
                      edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X