Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger Bullshido Martial Artist, Frank Dux or Steven Seagal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Seagal is more of a scumbag, but Dux is a bigger liar. Basically created an entire fake biography for himself. Seagal is at least legit when it comes to aikido. I know people don't rate it highly, but at least it's something. Dux has possibly never achieved any kind of notable rank in any known martial art.
    Seagal got his 1st dan black belt in Aikido from his then-wife's father and she later said that her dad actually fell asleep during the test.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I think there is no denying that he's a tough guy, but that a big difference from being a guy who won a secrete martial arts tournament by beating fighters from all over the world - which there is no record of ever taking place, outside of a trophy he had made at a U.S. shop
      The difference is your reading tabloids or repeating what others say or claiming he’s even saying things , the fact is I talk with him on occasion on a personal basis in fact he had a problem with someone very well known not long ago and I fixed it real quick , you guys should actually listen to the interviews he does often he puts a lot of ridiculous claims against him to rest .

You also have guys never stepped foot in any type of dojo , if I told someone I’ve seen personally in real fights that I seen exactly someone put someone to sleep with pressure points they probably wouldn’t believe me the difference is I’m real theyre not . Lol People think they know what their talking about on here but they don’t they use specific circumstances to discredit.

“To say I worked for the CIA is misleading. Let us begin by eliminating any misconceptions due to the misdirection of others. I never held myself out as having worked for the CIA as a card carrying of NOC (non-official cover) agent, especially in light of the Boland and Logan Amendments. The CIA making a public denial of my serving with the CIA is truthful but it is also cunningly deceptive, considering how it is unwarranted.”

AND…..

https://www.historyvshollywood.com/r...ortreceipt.php

This is why it’s important to know what your talking about . Why not just look into something the thread itself doesn’t even make sense itself bc both guys have their own abilities to what extent is anyone’s opinion not fact I’m sure I can find holes in many claims ppl make but fir the most part what’s real is what ppl usually din5 want to accept or they go out of their way to disprove something and make it into an avalanche of fake news MOST the time . Lol
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-21-2024, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Seagal got his 1st dan black belt in Aikido from his then-wife's father and she later said that her dad actually fell asleep during the test.
        Seagal also trained Anderson Silva when he knocked out Vitor Belfort . Lol

Comment

Seagal is a terrible person and a fraud. But Aikido is semi legit even though it’s not very effective it’s better than nothing. Dux is a tough guy, but who knows in his training.

I wrestled for 6 years. 7th grade through 12th. When I went to community college I took a self defense class for my PE credits. It was all Aikido and it was total BS. Wrist locks and throws like that aren’t going to work on someone who just spent 6 years hand fighting and defending takedowns. I went through my instructors like a hot knife through butter. But at least they had some technique. The big problem I had with it is the class was filled with young women who they were teaching useless techniques to. If you’re a 110 pound woman, the techniques of Aikido take too long to master to be useful. All that they were doing was giving women a false sense of security.

Seagal didn’t train Anderson Silva, he showed up and hung out with him for a couple days. It was all for show.

So crazy we had all these fake bullshido stuff for generations. If you aren’t sparring you aren’t learning to fight. Wrestlers soar with each other that’s fighting. Boxers and kickboxers too. Jiu Jitsu too. Tai Kwon Do and Karate had some competitions that were the bare minimum for actually fighting. MMA ended the bullshido.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            Seagal is a terrible person and a fraud. But Aikido is semi legit even though it’s not very effective it’s better than nothing. Dux is a tough guy, but who knows in his training.

I wrestled for 6 years. 7th grade through 12th. When I went to community college I took a self defense class for my PE credits. It was all Aikido and it was total BS. Wrist locks and throws like that aren’t going to work on someone who just spent 6 years hand fighting and defending takedowns. I went through my instructors like a hot knife through butter. But at least they had some technique. The big problem I had with it is the class was filled with young women who they were teaching useless techniques to. If you’re a 110 pound woman, the techniques of Aikido take too long to master to be useful. All that they were doing was giving women a false sense of security.

Seagal didn’t train Anderson Silva, he showed up and hung out with him for a couple days. It was all for show.

So crazy we had all these fake bullshido stuff for generations. If you aren’t sparring you aren’t learning to fight. Wrestlers soar with each other that’s fighting. Boxers and kickboxers too. Jiu Jitsu too. Tai Kwon Do and Karate had some competitions that were the bare minimum for actually fighting. MMA ended the bullshido.
            Yep. That's what has been great about MMA. If you watch the anniversary docs on the UFC, the early promoter, what's his name Art Davie? He said they would just believe whatever the fighters would tell them about their training and records because they knew The Octagon would prove them right or wrong. Trap fighting? 200-0? Sure, whatever. I've noticed the wrestlers have the toughest time lasting in MMA. The take downs and moving opponents around must use up a lot of cardio. Whatever guys like Couture and GSP did to last until the end they should teach to young fighters. Plus staying calm and breath control.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

The difference is your reading tabloids or repeating what others say or claiming he’s even saying things , the fact is I talk with him on occasion on a personal basis in fact he had a problem with someone very well known not long ago and I fixed it real quick , you guys should actually listen to the interviews he does often he puts a lot of ridiculous claims against him to rest .

You also have guys never stepped foot in any type of dojo , if I told someone I’ve seen personally in real fights that I seen exactly someone put someone to sleep with pressure points they probably wouldn’t believe me the difference is I’m real theyre not . Lol People think they know what their talking about on here but they don’t they use specific circumstances to discredit.

“To say I worked for the CIA is misleading. Let us begin by eliminating any misconceptions due to the misdirection of others. I never held myself out as having worked for the CIA as a card carrying of NOC (non-official cover) agent, especially in light of the Boland and Logan Amendments. The CIA making a public denial of my serving with the CIA is truthful but it is also cunningly deceptive, considering how it is unwarranted.”

AND…..

https://www.historyvshollywood.com/r...ortreceipt.php

This is why it’s important to know what your talking about . Why not just look into something the thread itself doesn’t even make sense itself bc both guys have their own abilities to what extent is anyone’s opinion not fact I’m sure I can find holes in many claims ppl make but fir the most part what’s real is what ppl usually din5 want to accept or they go out of their way to disprove something and make it into an avalanche of fake news MOST the time . Lol
              I'm talking about his claim of the tournament that movie was based on.

I don't even know about the CIA stories and other things. I know the CIA controversy came about over things Dux stated in his "own book" that he wrote.

I remember when he got beat up by Zane Frazier and there were several witnesses of the fight, including the John McCarthy, since it happened at an MMA trade show. He always claimed that Frazier blasted him with a pair of brass knucks and that's why he got beat up, but every single account of the fight makes zero mention of him being sucker-punched with knucks.

No question he's a talented martial artist, and he's probably a nice guy, but he's been caught several times stretching the truth or making claims of things where there is no proof outside of his own word.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Exactly. And those things have been said to him in person. When he wrote some BS book about being some super spy and appeared on a daytime talk show, nobody in the audience believed him, saying if he was some government agent, then why was he writing a book revealing classified information? Neither of what Dux has claimed to this day has ever been verified, both his military records and claims of some martial arts tournament he won ever taking place. At least one other person would have come forward by now. Nobody's saying he's not a martial artist. Just that he exaggerates his achievements. At least he's not going around like these old guys claiming they can knock people out by touching some special spot or without touching them, like that old guy I saw get knocked out on youtube or that George Dillman karate guy.
                Exactly, the CIA claims were due to his book. And after the CIA came out and called BS on his claims, Dux was like "where are people getting this I worked for the CIA stuff from?"

Comment

Exactly, the CIA claims were due to his book. And after the CIA came out and called BS on his claims, Dux was like "where are people getting this I worked for the CIA stuff from?"
                  Hello EXACTLY. That's why I compare him to Dillman. Because both guys have legit skills, but still feel the need to inflate their reputations by claiming they have some sort of supernatural skills. Difference is I've heard Dillman was once taken seriously in martial arts circles before his claims of being able to knock out anyone using "pressure point fighting." Like that old karate guy they show videos of with the "no touch style" who promptly got his ass kicked, there's similar videos of Dillman throwing palm strikes and guys flopping to the ground or him even throwing chi energy through a blanket and his students pretending to be knocked unconscious. My favorite part is when it doesn't work on someone and Dillman says stuff like it was because the guy wiggled his toes, moved his tongue or even blamed it on the rotation of the earth . It's like people that believe in psychics and mediums. The ones that do, I always bring up The Randi Society and the fact that not one psychic has claimed the million dollar bounty to prove their skills publicly. FOH.

Comment

I'm talking about his claim of the tournament that movie was based on.

I don't even know about the CIA stories and other things. I know the CIA controversy came about over things Dux stated in his "own book" that he wrote.

I remember when he got beat up by Zane Frazier and there were several witnesses of the fight, including the John McCarthy, since it happened at an MMA trade show. He always claimed that Frazier blasted him with a pair of brass knucks and that's why he got beat up, but every single account of the fight makes zero mention of him being sucker-punched with knucks.

No question he's a talented martial artist, and he's probably a nice guy, but he's been caught several times stretching the truth or making claims of things where there is no proof outside of his own word.
                    I think in one of those videos I posted, it was even mentioned that Van Damme stopped using him as a choreographer on his action movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

I think in one of those videos I posted, it was even mentioned that Van Damme stopped using him as a choreographer on his action movies.
                      I know he sued Van Damme, they had a nasty fallout. Van Damme won the lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                      X