ban on violent ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Peru View Post
    Good post.
    I think its more interesting to understand why people would want to watch violent ****. Or becme obsessed with it.
    Was the desire to murder already there? Im sure it was.

We've all got that "dark side" to us; but over time we've developed rules to abide by, either through Religious guidance or common sense.

It is my opinion that the beast within can be controlled and even tamed; but never eliminated.....the ID will always live, for we can not exist without it. It is the source of our eternal paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
      We've all got that "dark side" to us; but over time we've developed rules to abide by, either through Religious guidance or common sense.

It is my opinion that the beast within can be controlled and even tamed; but never eliminated.....the ID will always live, for we can not exist without it. It is the source of our eternal paradox.
      U lost me with that highbrow ending.

Im not sure if murder and rape is just within all of us. I understand that with time we can find ourselves doing **** that we never could of dreamed of (from personal experience), and we are all capable of it.

But for me its not common sense or some form of guidence that stops me commiting such hideous crimes, its that the desire isnt there. There is nothing to control in that way.
      Are others struggling for control? I know there is alot of violent crime, but that kind of premeditated murder is very different isnt it?

The compulsion to kill or rape. Knowing right from wrong becomes irrelevant.

Comment

U lost me with that highbrow ending.

Im not sure if murder and rape is just within all of us. I understand that with time we can find ourselves doing **** that we never could of dreamed of (from personal experience), and we are all capable of it.

But for me its not common sense or some form of guidence that stops me commiting such hideous crimes, its that the desire isnt there. There is nothing to control in that way.
        Are others struggling for control? I know there is alot of violent crime, but that kind of premeditated murder is very different isnt it?

The compulsion to kill or rape. Knowing right from wrong becomes irrelevant.
        Okay. This is going to seem like an assinine question.

Have you ever got so mad at someone or angry that you imagined something horrible happening to them?

Comment

Okay. This is going to seem like an assinine question.

Have you ever got so mad at someone or angry that you imagined something horrible happening to them?
          Not since i was 10. I wanted my brother to be hit by a car.
          Luckily he wasnt.

But im a real laid back guy. I hardly ever raise my voice.

Comment

Not since i was 10. I wanted my brother to be hit by a car.
            Luckily he wasnt.

But im a real laid back guy. I hardly ever raise my voice.
            I'm pretty laid back myself; but even now, if certain buttons are pushed, I revert a little to the hot-tempered kid I was growing up.

When you were ten, you were more instinctive than you are now. As we mature, part of the process is growing intellectually and behaving less instinctive. Your ten year old self was more in touch with your ID than you are today.

See what I mean?

That violence is in all of us; and over time (meaning hundreds of thousands of years), we've developed various cultures that, for the most part, are far more civilized than the "beast" we all supposedly evolved from.

That beast still lurks in our DNA, and with some of us, serial killers for example, a sense of community and love for our fellow man is depleted or absent all-together, leaving us thinking only of ourselves, our wants, our needs, our pleasures and screw anyone who's not us....that is the face of the beast of which I speak.

The love and respect for each other is essentially the seed that helped us grow away from the beast for it was essential to our survival as tribes early in our pre-history; but the beast is still there....just buried or diluded within our subconscious.

...at least, that's what I believe.
            Last edited by K-DOGG; 10-02-2006, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Bobby, I honestly wasn't trying to be "high-brow", as you put it.....just merely trying to establish the eternal conflict within man, as a whole....not necessarily with each individual.

Do you disagree with the existance of "the Id"?

Comment

I'm pretty laid back myself; but even now, if certain buttons are pushed, I revert a little to the hot-tempered kid I was growing up.

When you were ten, you were more instinctive than you are now. As we mature, part of the process is growing intellectually and behaving less instinctive. Your ten year old self was more in touch with your ID than you are today.

See what I mean?

That violence is in all of us; and over time (meaning hundreds of thousands of years), we've developed various cultures that, for the most part, are far more civilized who's not us....that is the face of the beast of which I speak.

The love and respect for each other is essentially the seed that helped us grow away from the beast for it was essential to our survival as tribes early in our pre-history; but the beast is still there....just buried or diluded within our subconscious.

...at least, that's what I believe.
                i never knew u were a philospher. no sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. V View Post
                  i never knew u were a philospher. no sarcasm.
                  Oh yes....I've got too much time on my hands, not to be.

Comment

So, sorry, what are we banning again?

Violence or ****?

Comment

Originally posted by Exige Jr View Post
                      So, sorry, what are we banning again?

Violence or ****?

Violent ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X