• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women being beaten suxually abused etc

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...re/5297600.stm

Here is the story that sparked the ban.

I dont think banning rape and strangulation **** will do any harm.
      It may just do a little good.

But banning material generaly considered 'violent ****' is going over the top.
      Is pulling hair violent? Or spanking? Or slapping a girls arse with ur ****? lol.
      Could be.

They should just make the ban more specific.

Comment

Conventional wisdom suggests that violent **** should be banned; however, that would infringe upon ones' constitutional right to freedom of expression. If you're gonna go as far as to ban violent ****, why not ban violent movies, violent music, certain books in the bible, ect. The point is you can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Merovingian View Post
          Conventional wisdom suggests that violent **** should be banned; however, that would infringe upon ones' constitutional right to freedom of expression. If you're gonna go as far as to ban violent ****, why not ban violent movies, violent music, certain books in the bible, ect. The point is you can't have it both ways.
          Exactly...why is it ok to have extreme violence in everything else except ****?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
            Exactly...why is it ok to have extreme violence in everything else except ****?
            Because films, tv and arty stuff i believe has its own set of obscenity laws.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
              It is not the job of the government to promote ethics. At least it should not be...

True, to an extent; but is not the whole legal system, in essence, an "ethics lesson" of sorts? Personal Ethics is one thing; but by not banning violent ****, the government is promoting a different kind of ethics by omission. The Government and the laws passed by the government should reflect the collective ethics of its citizens in such a way as to promote harmony and deter disharmony. Under such a guideline, with the probable reprocutions of allowing violent **** and not imposing restrictions on violence against women....or anyone, for that matter the government, in my opinion, is well within its rights to ban such material.

Someone else on here alluded to violence being in everything else, why not ****? To this, I say violence against anyone, whether in a sexual medium or not, should be toned down, for through regular viewership of such material, apathy towards violence is bred.....which is contributing to the growth in youth violence in the states, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Merovingian View Post
                With the exception of "books in the Bible", which is obviously along the lines of your own personal agenda and criteria, my friend.....I agree with you.

I am essentially against censorship, however, I do believe an idea can be expressed without such graphicness that can easily create apathy in it's viewers. Excessive exposure to anything, creats apathy, for it loses it's ability to "shock" over time. We are seeing this today. From apathy, comes indifference, and from indifference come crimes of omission and disassociation, which, in turn, can lead to participation without conscious.

Comment

Real "snuff" movies can't be stopped, seeing as it's all underground.. but there is staged snuff, which is wrong and should be put to a stop.

Comment

You're all a bunch of sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                      I do believe an idea can be expressed without such graphicness that can easily create apathy in it's viewers. Excessive exposure to anything, creats apathy, for it loses it's ability to "shock" over time. We are seeing this today. From apathy, comes indifference, and from indifference come crimes of omission and disassociation, which, in turn, can lead to participation without conscious.
                      Good post.
                      I think its more interesting to understand why people would want to watch violent ****. Or becme obsessed with it.
                      Was the desire to murder already there? Im sure it was.

Comment

Working...
                      X