Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you plan on keeping your hispanic roots with your children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 boys and one on the way..my boys are 6 and 3 and know spanish more than english..well my 6 yr old is in 1st grade so he's probably equal on his english and spanish..

but since he's reading now..I'm gonna start buying him spanish children books and ask him to explain to me what he read..my 3 yr old speaks only spanish..and it's funny as hell when he tries to speak english..but that will automatically come with school and television like it did with my 6 yr old..

Both of my kids have "Americanized" names..but that's not a problem imo..I think them knowing their culture and history is what matters..and being bilingual isn't only a great way to keep that culture moving..it's an advantage to them when they're grown..it opens doors for more opportunities..

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
      I have 2 boys and one on the way..my boys are 6 and 3 and know spanish more than english..well my 6 yr old is in 1st grade so he's probably equal on his english and spanish..

but since he's reading now..I'm gonna start buying him spanish children books and ask him to explain to me what he read..my 3 yr old speaks only spanish..and it's funny as hell when he tries to speak english..but that will automatically come with school and television like it did with my 6 yr old..

Both of my kids have "Americanized" names..but that's not a problem imo..I think them knowing their culture and history is what matters..and being bilingual isn't only a great way to keep that culture moving..it's an advantage to them when they're grown..it opens doors for more opportunities..
      Much respect to you for keep your culture alive through your children .

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        **** it makes me sick today all the hispanics who have lost their heritage. They are all pretty much white americans in my eyes.

It isnt all their fault. A lot of the blame goes on the parents. They dont teach the kids spanish. It is even worse you got like Kyle Gonzalez and Hank Gomez.

I will name my kid a hispanic first name. No johns or matts. And i will make sure they speak spanish.
        me personally.

my child is half persian / rican.

i speak strictly spanish in the house (my wife farsi), we celebrate like hispanics do (overtly to obnoxious), i'll institute the "bendicion" upon entering and exiting the house, salsa music saturday morning on XM (awesome mixes).

this is all i have for now, more would be welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          me personally.

my child is half persian / rican.

i speak strictly spanish in the house (my wife farsi), we celebrate like hispanics do (overtly to obnoxious), i'll institute the "bendicion" upon entering and exiting the house, salsa music saturday morning on XM (awesome mixes).

this is all i have for now, more would be welcome.
          Disgusting .

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
            Disgusting .

still losing in life i take it?

Comment

losing in life? nah..

YOU'RE the one losing in life mixing with women who are not hispanic.

people like you make me fucking SICK.
              Last edited by The Underboss; 01-04-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                losing in life? nah..

YOU'RE the one losing in life mixing with women who are not hispanic.

people like you make me fucking SICK.

i gotta keep it movin' ...

Comment

Yea that's right coward....move along .

Comment

persian pride

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post

still losing in life i take it?
                      Hey bro, don't listen to this fool....there is absolutely nothing wrong with marrying a woman from another race....as long as she is a good mother and wife that is all that matters bro!

Comment

Working...
                      X