Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you plan on keeping your hispanic roots with your children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supRa View Post
    r u stayin n df or movin to america?
    He's moving to Japan like Jorge Linares, hope he doesn't get KO'ed in 1.

Comment

I'll name my son Che Castro.

Comment

it saddens me when i see people loose their roots, from all cultures really. but like you said, i understand some times its not their fault. im going to teach my kids spanish since their baby days, im going to take them to mexico often, surround them in the culture, teach them traditions, show them everything i know, im going to do every thing possible for them to know their roots.

no joke tho, ive thought about having all my kids in mexico so they will feel more mexican, lol. geneartions and generations of mexican-american's just dont seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoid View Post
          I'll name my son Che Castro.
          good one...

Comment

on birthdays i make a pinata of ex-presidente fox and have the kiddies wack the sht out of it!

oh, i am of sicilian heritage and grew up around east L.A.
            i've made house with a few chickita bonitas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Dude we dont need your or rich locs reply thank you
              Yea... But I gave it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                Hispanics need to stick with hispanics, no mixing with african-americans or any other ****ing culture...

it's sickening what these Hispanic-Americans are doing...they're losing their culture when mixing...and what pisses me more is when the parents americanize their kids and don't teach em spanish, it ticks me off...

all my ex's were all hispanics and i will plan to stay with my culture until i die.
                What's wrong with that?We are in America so why would we teach them otherwise?Of course T/S has a point, they should not forget about their heritage but more than anything we should encourage them to love and respect our great country!!

My daughters do not speak Spanish and I don't see anything wrong with that.Why should they have to adapt to another language other then the main language of their country?But I wouldn't mind them learning it I just don't think it's something that should be required.

And T/S what's wrong with non-Hispanic names?If you like it why would you not name your children that?Just because its not Hispanic?

I also agree with Hyperion, we should teach them to love all cultures!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Mbandit- View Post
                  What's wrong with that?We are in America so why would we teach them otherwise?Of course T/S has a point, they should not forget about their heritage but more than anything we should encourage them to love and respect our great country!!

My daughters do not speak Spanish and I don't see anything wrong with that.Why should they have to adapt to another language other then the main language of their country?But I wouldn't mind them learning it I just don't think it's something that should be required.

And T/S what's wrong with non-Hispanic names?If you like it why would you not name your children that?Just because its not Hispanic?

I also agree with Hyperion, we should teach them to love all cultures!!
                  That's the problem with today's hispanics.
                  look, it's ALWAYS important to teach your children both languages (Spanish and English)...

let's say if my whole family is Mexican, and i marry this mexican-american girl and we have a kid and decide to teach the kid ENGLISH only...

Don't you think that's a slap in the face to our ancestors?!

Comment

i always wondered about that. i work with this guy who is hispanic but he doesnt speak a word of spanish. whenever hispanic customers come in they see he's hispanic and they think he can translate for them. they walk up to him speakin spanish and all he can say is "i dont speak spanish" they look at him like WTF

Comment

exactly...

it's sickening what these fucking americanized sell-out hispanics are doing, thinking white people will give a fuck about them if they become ''americanized''...well...THEY DON'T!

They still view them as dirty 3rd world spics, and will NEVER consider them part of America, so i don't understand why they keep teaching their kids English only, like it's going to help anything .

Comment

Working...
                      X