Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be the cut off to be president?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    You don’t know any 30 year olds that could keep up? Take it easy lol. Not sure what unhealthy, out of shape 30 yr olds you know.
    Mentally speaking few 30 year olds could keep up with Trump. Physically speaking, different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
      Idk, I guess. Admittedly, I don’t know many 70+ year olds to compare him to, but to say an average 30 yr old would have any difficulty keeping up with him seems ridiculous.
      Let's look at what he goes through.
      The stress
      The media
      The travel
      The getting chit done even with all this.
      Ever fly to the east coast to the west? How do you feel after? You ready to go party after the trip? He did three rally's yesterday and two today. All in different states.
      Sleeps 4 hrs. All the 30 year olds I know have to have their sleep. Ever call your buddy at 8am? Lol.
      Seriously, with all the stress alone a lot of people would be spun out. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        Ain't my country so I ain't gonna comment on the POTUS but as a general observation I reckon we should give the younger generation a shot at political office. Old dudes gonna keep on doing old dude stuff, scratching the same backs, lining the same pockets and farting the same stale old farts whilst the world carries on going to ish.

Fresh blood might make for a bit of a shake up - maybe even cause a bit of chaos - but y'know I ain't sure that'd be such a bad thing.

I reckon 40, max, maybe even 35.

I want this chick to be my PM.

In the USA a Presidential candidate must be a MINIMUM of 35 years of age. Wisdom is an attribute acquired over time by observing and experiencing life. This is one reason people tend to become more settled and conservative the older they become.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
          In the USA a Presidential candidate must be a MINIMUM of 35 years of age. Wisdom is an attribute acquired over time by observing and experiencing life. This is one reason people tend to become more settled and conservative the older they become.
          Especially when you consider the life expectancy when the minimum of 35 was set. "Adjusted for inflation" that's probably closer to 50 or so in today's terms

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
            Ha ha I know, man, I was kinda joking, but there's also a point in there. There's a balance to be struck and youthful idealism and passion can be a powerful force for good that's sometimes overlooked or dismissed as we get older and more comfortable.

Change - occasionally radical change - is needed in the world sometimes, man, and you might argue that the time ain't now and the place ain't here, but if not then when and where?

Too much change can lead to chaos and disorder, man, but too much conservatism can lead to stagnation and entropy.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-17-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              Ha ha I know, man, I was kinda joking, but there's also a point in there. There's a balance to be struck and youthful idealism and passion can be a powerful force for good that's sometimes overlooked or dismissed as we get older and more comfortable.

Change - occasionally radical change - is needed in the world sometimes, man, and you might argue that the time ain't now and the place ain't here, but if not then when and where?

Too much change can lead to chaos and disorder, man, but too much conservatism can lead to stagnation and entropy.
              Nothing wrong with youthful enthusiasm or change that improves things. I suppose what I was getting at is that older people are more likely to think things through than say a younger person. What I'm saying is of course a generalization as I've know some wise younger people in my life and some old fools as well.

Comment

I wonder very seriously if Pelosi isn’t proposing the 25th amendment not so much to antagonize Trump but for a real need of it if Biden gets elected.

Comment

Idk, I feel like it's our fault for voting for them. Not their fault for being old. We should be deciding who is too old by voting rather than by regulating imo

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Idk, I feel like it's our fault for voting for them. Not their fault for being old. We should be deciding who is too old by voting rather than by regulating imo
                    So you don't think there should be a minimum age either?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                      Let's look at what he goes through.
                      The stress
                      The media
                      The travel
                      The getting chit done even with all this.
                      Ever fly to the east coast to the west? How do you feel after? You ready to go party after the trip? He did three rally's yesterday and two today. All in different states.
                      Sleeps 4 hrs. All the 30 year olds I know have to have their sleep. Ever call your buddy at 8am? Lol.
                      Seriously, with all the stress alone a lot of people would be spun out. Just my opinion.
                      Most people also don’t have a team catering to them 24-7 and doing all the leg work behind the scenes. I get it, it’s a busy job, but he’s still an old man.

Comment

Working...
                      X