Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Trump Downplay the Coronavirus Crisis for Profits for his Pals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation
      That means bad news though, because the US is about 2-3 weeks behind European countries, that is 2-3 weeks of extra growth in cases and death.
      So i think combine all european countries vs us deaths?

Comment

Top 4, not including China.

France is up to 450 now.
        So the UK has been way way worse at isolating.. only now schools/gyms/cinema etc are closing

Has more deaths already then the US and surely has a ton of cases not yet recorded because people have been going round business as usual and probably not yet showing symptoms

How is the UK going to cope if it has way less cases then the US currently and almost as much deaths? You seem awfully worried about the US when the UK is going to be in for a **** storm.. because they are the ones actually 2 weeks behind the rest of the world

Comment

That is close to double the US population.

China has nearly 5 times the population of the US.

Do you think the US will only have a fifth of the deaths of China?
          Pointless to compare to China.. they can't be trusted and have absolutely zero respect for their people.. wouldn't surprise me if the number of deaths are in the 100s of thousands

To me the amount of infected at this point is whatever.. it's in almost every country at this point.

The number of deaths per infected people is the more important number and gives a better indication of how a country is handling the problem.. South Korea appears to be the gold standard atm

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            It looks like you see my line of thinking. I believe they are playing the long game, and I feel like at the current rate, they'll win the long game.

I never trust China.
            Could be China loses the long game. Hopefully at least the West learns from this that we need to make our own medical equipment and other important supplies. Don't offshore it to a country that causes a global virus, blames you for the virus, then keeps the medical stuff for themselves. UK is even more reliant on China and needs to realise they are not allies, reliable, trustworthy

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Absolutely. It was an international governmental conspiracy. China, US, Iran, even European countries like Italy, all in on it. They alll downplayed the seriousness, by not shutting borders the first day, by not cancelling all flights anywhere the first hour. They all were in on it, just to sell off stocks.
              The sarcasm is so subtle. You have to read it a few times. That's why

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Could be China loses the long game. Hopefully at least the West learns from this that we need to make our own medical equipment and other important supplies. Don't offshore it to a country that causes a global virus, blames you for the virus, then keeps the medical stuff for themselves. UK is even more reliant on China and needs to realise they are not allies, reliable, trustworthy
                I see the rest of the world taking longer to recover. China could just implement totalitarian quarantine, whereas in the rest of the world, that doesn't typically happen. Time will tell, and I completely agree about the lesson to be learned here. They are not our allies for sure.

Comment

Trump closed our boarders to anything from China back in January. It seems to me that Trump has been all over this Corona Virus well before it became head lines for the main stream medias.

Long Live Donald Trump and the USA!!!.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    Trump did not dismantle the WHP, why are you people so gullible, you'll believe anything the tv box tells you,
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sponse-office/
                    Dude, you do realize that the Washington Post ran an article three days before that that said Trump indeed closed the office.

They put out an article afterward that attempted to reconcile the two views.

The office was eliminated, and the positions were apparently moved to other offices. Look at some of these quotes.

Asked at a congressional hearing on March 11 whether it was a mistake to eliminate the office, Anthony S. Fauci, who runs the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, diplomatically said: “I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as a mistake. I would say we worked very well with that office. It would be nice if the office was still there.”
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cs-eliminated/

Others were saying what he did was akin to having a fire and sending a police car with a couple firefighters in the back.

Comment

Anyone claiming that Trump's response was quick needs to please explain to me why he himself agreed that the response was slow, but tried to blame it on Obama, which was PROVEN to be a fabrication.

You can't have it both ways. You can't (falsely) claim it was slow because of Obama and say it was fast and "perfect" at the same time.

So which is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X