No announcement yet.

I don't understand how gay people can be christians and catholics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
    I mean how much clearer can the bible be about gay sex?

Yet you see gay people all the time talking about jesus and God, and how devoted they are to their religion.

We even have a country, that was founded in catholicism, whose currency says "in God we trust" whose pledge says "under God", ostracizing anyone who even thinks about being against ****sexuality, and promoting gay sex like they promote education. How hypocritical and baffling is that?

If this country really is under God, and trusts God, then they would outlaw ****sexuality.

A gay christian is like a vegan who owns a pig farm.
    You make for me what is the real point and that is that the USA as are all others is under the rule of the "God of this system of things."

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Can this not be said about anything which is classified as a sin? Is someone who has stolen something precluded from being a Christian?

Or, are they an example of what the book of Romans speaks of, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
      The sin is to continue in the practicing of something you know God condemns. That's part of repentance and repentance is necessary for approval by GOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Guides are made to be followed. How can you cherry pick what and what not to follow?
        Robbie - You are absolutely right!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Humans aren't god so why are they changing gods rules?

If god says a dick in the arse is wrong then it's wrong. Who are you to go against god? I'll tell you why they do it, because deep down they know it's a load of crap.
          Great reply and they also know it's tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            Catholicism has been such an inconsistent symbolic mess for so long that you can probably be a devout Muslim & still be considered Catholic as long as they get money out of it.

I would assume the % of gays in the more traditional Protestant branches is far lower, some around zero.
            Pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              just bc you like dck doesnt mean you cant have faith
              So true Lol, I always tell other Christians that theres probably a line of ****s ready to get into heaven b4 me. Just bcuz some1 isnt gay doesnt mean they get into heaven...

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Can this not be said about anything which is classified as a sin? Is someone who has stolen something precluded from being a Christian?

Or, are they an example of what the book of Romans speaks of, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
                All sin is the same. God is nothing but good and does not know sin. Nobody as pure as God can see wrong or even fathom it.

All Christians are taught or should be taught that when you sin, you hurt God and thats it. And just like anyone in life, if you hurt them enough, they wont let you into their home.

Comment

You're trying to apply logic to the spiritual, that is not a thing my dude.

The bible is a collection of different works by followers and disciples of Christ. There were a number different assemblies (Council of Carthage), in the centuries following Christ's death during which works were added and works were removed. There were Christians who believed in reincarnation until it was stricken in during the council of Constantinople.

Where is it said that God communicated his will to Man for centuries during ancient times, and then one day said "Okay, this is good, finished product, I'm moving to El Paso, ya'll won't hear from me again"???

Lots of people of various religions with cultural, political, and financial interests would have you believe that so you'll follow them. They weaponize various parts of two-thousand year old texts to advance their agendas.

If you really think that you can pull out of a girl and cum on her back, but you're a good Christian because you're anti-abortion, good luck with that. How many Christians eat bacon every week without thinking twice about is being sin? How many people get tattoos, guilt free, not caring that that the Lord explicitly forbids it in the bible?

It's easy to go down this road and it's an incredible waste of time.

Spirituality is the pursuit of self-truth. It's internal. It has nothing to do with science or facts or the history of the universe. Religion is merely the vehicle to know ones self on the highest level.

Comment

I dont understand how liberals look the other way when muslims throw gays off roof tops.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      Most (all?) people are biologically set up to believe in fairy tales. You have to be very careful ripping them away without having a really good replacement prepared.

When average Joes in western countries had religion ripped away from them, what did they turn to?

While they perhaps adopted a more realistic view of death, they filled the void with whimsical pseudoscientific ideas about genetics, sexuality, gender that are even sillier than creationism (and ironically, depend on it being true).

People always need some fictional salvation from the horrors of biological reality.

The exact same people who used to watch Benny Hinn "cure" cancer patients by slapping them on the forehead are out there in vag hats & ski masks fainting in euphoria while political candidates promise them a post-biology world. Even more dangerous than the lie of Catholicism.

The healthiest compromise seems to be something like Shintoism where ancestors/descendants are entwined with the concept of the afterlife and as a result people practice healthy social behavior as an extension of their spirituality. We need healthy fairytales.
                      With such clarity, why do you need any fairy tales?

Comment

Working...
                      X