No announcement yet.

2019 MLB World Series Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home field advantage

Twins, Dodgers and Atlanta.....didn't have to take a plane home when it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
      yeah, i'm still in shock to see the Dodgers go out like that, lol, on the same day the Cards took out the Braves

kershaw shouldn't feel that bad, he only tied the game, they could have still come back and won the game. Kelly loaded up the bases and gave up a grand slam, he made 1 mistake that cost everything.

This is on Dave Roberts.

Roberts has made questionable decisions in every postseason that has hurt the team's WS chances and the time to make a change was this past offseason. Kershaw just doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level, and his fastball gets worse each season. Same with Jansen. Seager may need to be jettisoned before his value really starts to plummet. Buehler has the bulldog mentality you want from an ace. I don't think the front office needs major changes, but they definitely need to re-evaluate their roster building. They've built and handled a pitching staff that's great for the regular season because you can mask a lot of deficiencies in a long season, but the playoffs is a different beast and Roberts continues to put players in roles that they're not comfortable doing. There's going to have to be some big changes in the offseason. Buehler got no help and he's pitched gems each outing. He reminds me of a prime Madison Bumgarner, where he pitches above average numbers in the regular season, but is an elite ace in the postseason.

Comment

NYY vs Hou went 3-3 in the regular season. Despite Hou's superior pitching.
        St L owned Wash 5-2 in the regular season. Will Wash get revenge or fold like always (1st NLCS in 5 tries) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
          This is on Dave Roberts.

Roberts has made questionable decisions in every postseason that has hurt the team's WS chances and the time to make a change was this past offseason. Kershaw just doesn't have what it takes to get to the next level, and his fastball gets worse each season. Same with Jansen. Seager may need to be jettisoned before his value really starts to plummet. Buehler has the bulldog mentality you want from an ace. I don't think the front office needs major changes, but they definitely need to re-evaluate their roster building. They've built and handled a pitching staff that's great for the regular season because you can mask a lot of deficiencies in a long season, but the playoffs is a different beast and Roberts continues to put players in roles that they're not comfortable doing. There's going to have to be some big changes in the offseason. Buehler got no help and he's pitched gems each outing. He reminds me of a prime Madison Bumgarner, where he pitches above average numbers in the regular season, but is an elite ace in the postseason.
          There is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch the next inning after he struck out the last hitter of the inning. Or, there is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch after he gave up the first home run. There is NO WAY that Kelly should have pitched a second inning. I don't have the data in front of me, but I've seen his second inning pitched ERA and it's horrible.

The only thing a manager has to do now is to manage his bullpen, which is of paramount importance in the post season. Like Hannibal, Roberts can win the battles but not the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            There is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch the next inning after he struck out the last hitter of the inning. Or, there is NO WAY that Kershaw should have been allowed to pitch after he gave up the first home run. There is NO WAY that Kelly should have pitched a second inning. I don't have the data in front of me, but I've seen his second inning pitched ERA and it's horrible.

The only thing a manager has to do now is to manage his bullpen, which is of paramount importance in the post season. Like Hannibal, Roberts can win the battles but not the war.
            I was talking about this on another board, it's baffling that the Dodgers are bringing Roberts back to manage. The Dodgers is an elite big market franchise with a rich history, other elite big market franchises like the Yanks and Red Sox can managers and General Managers for much less. No way would those franchises keep a manager that's lost back to back World Series and then follow that up with a 1st round playoff loss after winning 106 games and dominating their own league in the regular season. The Red Sox just fired their General Manager after a year of winning the World Series! The Yankees fired Joe Girardi as manager at the end of the 2017 season when he managed his team to a Game 7 in the ALCS. It's truly baffling that Dave Roberts hasn't been canned. The locals here in the LA metro are pissed! More than 31 years since the Dodgers last WS victory.

Comment

Astros have the better record right?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Astros have the better record right?
                They won a couple more games during the regular season. Astros won the series this year 4-3 but Yanks took them 3 out of 4 in the Bronx.

Very closely matched teams. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Up to the managers to use their strengths at the right time and take advantage of their opponents weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  It's not as if the Dodgers don't have quality players with enough playoff experience to get over the hump. They also played the very teams they will play in Oct.

Not a fan but I'm guessing Dodgers held their own vs those teams during the reg season ?
                  3-4 vs Cards.

4-2 vs Braves.

4-3 vs Nats

1-2 vs Yanks.

2-2 vs Rays.

9-7 vs the National League playoff teams. 14-13 overall.

Didn’t face the Astros or Twins this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    NYY vs Hou went 3-3 in the regular season. Despite Hou's superior pitching.
                    St L owned Wash 5-2 in the regular season. Will Wash get revenge or fold like always (1st NLCS in 5 tries) ?
                    Unfortunately we went 3-4 vs Astros. They swept us the first series 3-0 when we had 11 players in the injured list. We made a comeback in the 4 game series, beating them 3 games to 1 with 13 players in the injured list.

We are missing some players to the injured list now, but not as much as when we faced them in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      They won a couple more games during the regular season. Astros won the series this year 4-3 but Yanks took them 3 out of 4 in the Bronx.

Very closely matched teams. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Up to the managers to use their strengths at the right time and take advantage of their opponents weaknesses.
                      Don’t forget both series we had 11 and 13 players in the IL, respectively.

We beat them 3 games to 1 with 13 players on the IL.

Comment

Working...
                      X