No announcement yet.

2019 MLB World Series Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Short series, man.....That Braves dynasty was truly nasty.

2004 NYY had 3-0 with 1 to go over Bos and got swept. As did the Cards.

Bos went on a 3 game losing streak before going on a 7 game winning streak.

And there was a recent Cards team that was barely over .500 and won the WS.

I wonder how often does the best reg sea team actually win it all.....
    The Braves were no dynasty! They only won 1 World series and that was in a short season!

That's like calling the Seattle Seahawks a dynasty for winning 1 Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
      The Braves were no dynasty! They only won 1 World series and that was in a short season!

Dynasties need more than 1 win in the WS or the Super Bowl or NBA title. The SF Giants won 3 WS out of 5 yrs....and I hate the Giants...and that's a dynasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Dynasties need more than 1 win in the WS or the Super Bowl or NBA title. The SF Giants won 3 WS out of 5 yrs....and I hate the Giants...and that's a dynasty.
        Yeah, winning 1 doesn't make you a dynasty, heck even winning back to back doesn't make you one. No one would call the Blue Jays of the early 90s a dynasty for winning back to back.

The funny thing is that there's actually more parity in MLB than the NBA and the NFL, even though there is no salary cap. You have quite a few different world series champions and none has won back to back since the Yanks of the late 90s to early 2000. I remember reading an article a few years back on this that pointed that out. Just the last 5 World Series champions have been different.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          The Dodgers will have many chances now. Look at their div....
          Winning the crappy NL West isn't the problem, winning in the playoffs is the problem. I don't know why the Dodgers can't break through, maybe they just lack championship DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Shame on the Dodgers. That was an upset of epic proportions.

yeah, i'm still in shock to see the Dodgers go out like that, lol, on the same day the Cards took out the Braves

Clayton Kershaw has cemented his place in choking history. 6 pitches, 2 home runs. And he got pulled off the mound!
            His post season record is shameful. He should shave off his beard and do penance at a monastery in Tibet.

kershaw shouldn't feel that bad, he only tied the game, they could have still come back and won the game. Kelly loaded up the bases and gave up a grand slam, he made 1 mistake that cost everything.

Comment

It's going to be the Astros vs the Yanks in the ALCS, the real World Series. Will be a good ALCS, then the winner steamrolls the NL champs.

Comment

The NL teams are shaking in their batting cages.

Comment

The NL teams are shaking in their batting cages.
                  The Nats/Cards fans can’t really cheer for either team. Both Yanke and Astros would crush them in the WS.

After Yanks vs Astros, the WS would just be a formality.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

MLB considers it a dynasty -
                    ''Braves' 14 straight division titles should be cheered
                    Schuerholz-led run from 1991-2005 unlike anything before, or since''

Not sure if what the Seahawks did comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
                      Winning the crappy NL West isn't the problem, winning in the playoffs is the problem. I don't know why the Dodgers can't break through, maybe they just lack championship DNA.
                      It's not as if the Dodgers don't have quality players with enough playoff experience to get over the hump. They also played the very teams they will play in Oct.

Not a fan but I'm guessing Dodgers held their own vs those teams during the reg season ?

Comment

Working...
                      X