Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    More falsehoods.

Were measures taken to prevent slaves from committing suicide, Elroy? You really don't know much about this topic, do you?

That's why you shouldn't respond. I understand it gets your panties in a knot, but sometimes when you just don't have all of the information, you should just bow out.
    Pick one and I'll answer, Chollo

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      I gave myself an answer. Didn't have to reword it or include mystery stats and scenarios.
      Mystery stats. How many slaves do you think committed suicide? Let's give a very very veryyyyy modest answer and say a measly 1000.

Is that 1000 slaves that would rather be dead than a slave? What do you think?

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      I would straight up rather be an American slave than have my entire family tree be Native American.
      Don't know what you have against the Natives, but good for you I suppose.

But the point is, by virtue of suicide, it's clear that many slaves didn't agree with you, right?

The more complicated you make it the less you should bother.
      Aww, is it complicated for you? That's odd. For me it's quite simple. If many slaves committed suicide, obviously they thought death was better than being a slave. Being that what you're discussing is the amount of Natives that died, it's clear some would have thought they would be better off if they were natives.

It's not rocket science, is it?

Comment

Pick one and I'll answer, Chollo
        lol. Now I'm Chollo This convo is getting to you.

I already picked, fool. You quoted the damn post. Scroll back and read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
          Because you contribute little but survive off what others are doing? That's right we feed ourselves. Why can't you?
          I don't know about you, but I support myself.

How do you feed yourselves if you have to take government cheese from your neighbors

Comment

Mystery stats. How many slaves do you think committed suicide? Let's give a very very veryyyyy modest answer and say a measly 1000.

Is that 1000 slaves that would rather be dead than a slave? What do you think?

Don't know what you have against the Natives, but good for you I suppose.

But the point is, by virtue of suicide, it's clear that many slaves didn't agree with you, right?

Aww, is it complicated for you? That's odd. For me it's quite simple. If many slaves committed suicide, obviously they thought death was better than being a slave. Being that what you're discussing is the amount of Natives that died, it's clear some would have thought they would be better off if they were natives.

It's not rocket science, is it?
            Bring me facts

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

I'm Elroy, you're Chollo. Did you pick one without the additives ?!?! If you reworded my question, I'm not scrolling anything.

Comment

How do you feed yourselves if you have to take government cheese from your neighbors
              Why can't you feed yourselves? Whites are feeding whites and blacks. Yet here you are begging for more. Whites gave you a country to go to and your ancestors said they'd rather live here. Reparations were paid. You owe your existence to Curtis and myself. Instead of begging for more you should just say thank you.

Comment

Bring me facts
                If you weren't so lazy, you could get your own facts. Here:

The chief causes of death on ship were dysentery, followed by small pox. A third cause was sheer misery; sometimes slaves willed themselves to die out of sheer depression and hopelessness. They would refuse to eat, and the crew would resort to force feeding, or they would jump over the edge and drown in the sea.

Losses were recorded but most of these documents have disappeared. It's estimated that an average of twenty percent of slaves were lost in transit, and as many as half the slaves have been known to die in one journey. The worst moment for crew and slaves alike was leaving the African coast.

"From the moment that the slaves are embarked, one must put the sails up. The reason is that these slaves have so great a love for their country that they despair when they see that they are leaving it for ever; that makes them die of grief, and I have heard merchants?say that they died more often before leaving the port than during the voyage.

Some throw themselves into the sea, others hit their heads against the ship, others hold their breath to try and smother themselves, others still try to die of hunger from not eating." - Jacques Savary, businessman, writing at the end of the 18th century.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sp...a/page53.shtml
                Do I have to read it to you, or are you good now?

I'm Elroy, you're Chollo.
                I thought it was already established in the other thread that you are Elroy. Wasn't there a thread here about it, in which you said, "I never left." So why are you pretending not to be Elroy now?

Did you pick one without the additives ?!?! If you reworded my question, I'm not scrolling anything.

What additives? I don't know what you are talking about. I said death before slavery.

Comment

African Americans = 17%
                  Hispanics = 18 %
                  Natives = Almost 2 %

Considering they can literally walk to America, you'd think the % would overwhelming be in their favor.

The natives family tree are clearly the winners between them and the American slave.

Comment

African Americans = 17%
                    Hispanics = 18 %
                    Natives = Almost 2 %

Considering they can literally walk to America, you'd think the % would overwhelming be in their favor.

The natives family tree are clearly the winners between them and the American slave.
                    Winner of what? I think you're trying so hard that you've managed to warp your brain.

What exactly did they win? Most likely to be wiped out by disease?

Comment

• Your facts......

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      The chief causes of death on ship were dysentery, followed by small pox. A third cause was sheer misery; sometimes slaves willed themselves to die out of sheer depression and hopelessness. They would refuse to eat, and the crew would resort to force feeding, or they would jump over the edge and drown in the sea.

Losses were recorded but most of these documents have disappeared. It's estimated that an average of twenty percent of slaves were lost in transit, and as many as half the slaves have been known to die in one journey. The worst moment for crew and slaves alike was leaving the African coast.

*"From the moment that the slaves are embarked, one must put the sails up. The reason is that these slaves have so great a love for their country that they despair when they see that they are leaving it for ever; that makes them die of grief, and I have heard merchants?say that they died more often before leaving the port than during the voyage.

Some throw themselves into the sea, others hit their heads against the ship, others hold their breath to try and smother themselves, others still try to die of hunger from not eating." - Jacques Savary, businessman, writing at the end of the 18th century.
                      Pay attention to the bold.

* = Should be ''The moment they were up for sale....''

No facts when you think about it. A lot of guessing and assuming.

Comment

Working...
                      X