Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernie says No to cash reparations on The Breakfast Club

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry bro, the white privilege tax can pay for reparations.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      One clarification - those 350-400k people brought over had children who became slaves. By 1860, there were between 3 and 4 million slaves in the US. Sure, maybe not the majority of the slave trade by any means but still a huge thing.

How many were mistreated? Probably a safe bet that it was most of them. No fundamentally dehumanizing institution supported by the government, law enforcement, churches etc would result in any less. But don't ask me, there is plenty of documentation on this that would suggest it's quite a bit worse than being free in modern day Chicago.
      It's nice to assume on the side that get's the most sympathy. Making it as if 90 % of all slaves were brought just to be tortured and mistreated. That defeats the purpose of having slaves. They were brought so the rich person wouldn't have to do the labor themselves.

Still, were the African slave the worst treated of all race of slave or is it African slaves are a trendy cause to get behind ? And of all places in the world, where is it slavery still exist ???? Seems like a memo was not received....

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        It's nice to assume on the side that get's the most sympathy. Making it as if 90 % of all slaves were brought just to be tortured and mistreated. That defeats the purpose of having slaves. They were brought so the rich person wouldn't have to do the labor themselves.

Still, were the African slave the worst treated of all race of slave or is it African slaves are a trendy cause to get behind ? And of all places in the world, where is it slavery still exist ???? Seems like a memo was not received....
        Slavery still exists on every continent, bruh.

Comment

Bernie's Jewish family got paid so why would he care about others ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            I don't think it's a reach at all to say slaves were by and large mistreated based on the historical records we have available. Sure, they generally didn't want to kill their slaves, since they were expensive and doing a lot of physical labor. But they didn't have any real incentive or pressure to treat them reasonably either beyond feeding them enough to be able to work.

Wouldn't know, but most slaves in history were also treated horribly when the same conditions were present. That being - widespread social support of slavery as an institution, belief of the enslaved as inherently inferior people, and little to no risk of getting in trouble for treating slaves poorly. It's a recipe that guarantees maltreatment.

I don't think the US slaveowners were inherently worse people than other slaveowners in history though. I think the institution of slavery and all of the ways it was reinforced at the time set up a situation that brought out of the worst in them.

Comment

I always knew that cracka ass cracka Bernie was a closet racist.

Comment

Reparations are long overdue.

Time to make things right.

You (the government) screwed over millions, over centuries, now the least you can do is make their descendants right.

People tell me they shouldnt pay cause they didnt own slaves. They didnt create the Israel Palestine conflict either but they are ok with billions upon billions of their tax dollars going to that issue. So how does that make sense? Would you rather take care of strangers or rather take care of your own at home???

Comment

Nobody on the democratic bill get my vote. If they are not going to help ADOS ( google it) then it's a no go for me. He wants the Jews to get it but not Decendents of slaves.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                    Nobody on the democratic bill get my vote. If they are not going to help ADOS ( google it) then it's a no go for me. He wants the Jews to get it but not Decendents of slaves.
                    Many of them have said they support reparations.

Comment

Bernie could sell his universal programs as reparations since the people who will benefit the most from them are the minorities but he has too much integrity to do that. And knows it divides the working class. Good old Bernie will crush Trump if the DNC don't block him.

Comment

Working...
                      X