Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President plans to end birthright citizenship for non-citizens and illegal immigrants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Something out of the constitution? The 14th amendment was more about the rights of former slaves, but nothing to do with illegals coming in and giving birth.

It was interpreted by the courts, but there is nothing explicit in the constitution about it.
    So I guess 175+yrs of supreme court judges have misinterpreted the amendment, smh... When interpreting the Constitution Courts use plain English and "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." is pretty damn plain to me.

Whats funny about the 14th amendment is it was written by a Republican to keep a Southern Democratic President named Andrew Johnson (former slave owner) from allowing the south to have a say in what its about.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Don't mess with my 2nd amendment but feel free to mess with the 14th.
      Proof positive that both sides give no ****s about the Constitution. Love it when it supports their side, ignore it when it doesn't.

Comment

The 14th was about the rights of slaves who were here against their will, not modern day latinos illegally coming in here and trying to play the system.
        lmao funny how you single out Latinos.

Anyways, the second amendment refers to a well regulated militia. How many damn militias do you see walking around these days? Courts interpret the law, not lay citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Proof positive that both sides give no ****s about the Constitution. Love it when it supports their side, ignore it when it doesn't.
          That's why I use hypocrisy. In my opinion leave both the 2nd and 14th alone. We became the successful country we are because of our constitution. Our demise will be the abolishment of it.

Comment

Not it doesn't say slaves, but that was a big part of it if you take it in context of the time it was written in.

https://www.history.com/topics/black...enth-amendment

But it didn't give automatic citizenship to Native Americans for example, so clearly not everyone was under US jurisdiction.

No, the constitution is not perfect, because humans are not perfect. But it is the best guideline for a functioning society and country ever made.
            Its honestly quite hysterical that "Native Americans" were not considered citizens until less than 100yrs ago. If anyone should be mad about anchor babies, white nationalist, illegals etc. It should be them.

Comment

Don't mess with my 2nd amendment but feel free to mess with the 14th.
              That's not hypocrisy.
              (If you need the term defined, just ask.)

One can be for some Amendments and oppose others.

Let me ask you, do you support the 18th Amendment?

I do not. Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I wish Democrats would speak openly and honestly about immigration issues. I never hear any Democrats talk about strong borders or the affect of illegal immigration has on this country. The only thing that I hear from Democrats is that they support sanctuary cities and that "we support immigrants."
                "Secure the border" "get in line"

"Deport them"

"Send some immigrant kids home"

They all said the same. But TRUMP IS A RACIST!

Comment

lmao funny how you single out Latinos.

Anyways, the second amendment refers to a well regulated militia. How many damn militias do you see walking around these days? Courts interpret the law, not lay citizens.
                  Um, no.

You missed the part where it said "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

It says a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state, but it never said gun rights only belong to the militias.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

"Deport them"

Team D players are notorious for this.

They played the same political game with the issue of gay marriage.

You had big name D players on record opposing it forever, but when polls showed it gaining support, suddenly all those same D players jumped on board the bandwagon to legalize gay marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

"Deport them"

The Democratic party has drastically changed in the last 5-8 years. If you are a democratic politician or candidate you cannot say anything derogatory about immigration or immigrants - it's a political landmine.

I'm not sure the reason why the Democratic party has changed so much in it's policies and ideas regarding immigration.

Comment

Working...
                      X