Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's 2018. why can't voting be done from an app?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    I know and it will be much more easier to do when you make in easier for the low-information voters to vote with the click of an app.
    It's always going to be easy to fool the people though with dumb attack ads. It'll just take longer for them to get to the polls. Maybe making accurate information more readily available or politicians defending themselves in ads, rather than just attacking each other would be a better idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      It's always going to be easy to fool the people though with dumb attack ads. It'll just take longer for them to get to the polls. Maybe making accurate information more readily available or politicians defending themselves in ads, rather than just attacking each other would be a better idea.
      Attack ads and ads will insult are more eye-catching than a politician cool and calmly defending himself, nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
        Because it would be a complete disaster. Our government is absolutely horrendous at streamlining technical processes like that. Remember what a failure the Obamacare website was when it first launched?
        ^^^^
        This.

I know what you're saying. I'm all about convenience and I hate standing in lines, but when it's something ran by the government(federal/state/local), it always lacks the efficiency of the private market. I'm sure amazon would run the hell out of a voting system but it's not done that way and most likely never will be.

Comment

Isn't it kind of strange that it's easier to vote for a contestant on American Idol or The Voice than it is for someone on Election Day?

Comment

i agree with this

Comment

Isn't it kind of strange that it's easier to vote for a contestant on American Idol or The Voice than it is for someone on Election Day?
              One is more important than the other so more precautions have to be taken.

I mean the election systems in different states have been constantly attacked and some have been breached so imagine if voting was done online. Evil agents would have a field day manipulating the votes.

Comment

One is more important than the other so more precautions have to be taken.

I mean the election systems in different states have been constantly attacked and some have been breached so imagine if voting was done online. Evil agents would have a field day manipulating the votes.
                If those in charge really wanted accurate voting, than the electoral college would be eliminated. We've now had 2 presidential elections where the candidate with more votes wasn't made president because of this bulls*** system.

Seems like it's about making it harder to vote and they'd rather keep it low tech to make it easier to cheat and not have to hire some tech nerd to do it by computer. Much easier to gerrymander and stuff ballot boxes.

Comment

If those in charge really wanted accurate voting, than the electoral college would be eliminated. We've now had 2 presidential elections where the candidate with more votes wasn't made president because of this bulls*** system.

Seems like it's about making it harder to vote and they'd rather keep it low tech to make it easier to cheat and not have to hire some tech nerd to do it by computer. Much easier to gerrymander and stuff ballot boxes.
                  The systems are being hacked and the experts are worried for future elections because they don't know what exactly the hackers have planned and security for election systems are severely underfunded, so, no, at this time America is nowhere ready for online voting.

We already said electoral colleges are there so the views of small states won't be ignored. If it was done by popular votes, campaigning would only be done in the most populous states and the smaller states would be completely ignored.

But with gerrymandering you have a good point there.

Comment

The systems are being hacked and the experts are worried for future elections because they don't know what exactly the hackers have planned and security for election systems are severely underfunded, so, no, at this time America is nowhere ready for online voting.
                    If the systems were being hacked THAT much online banking & everything beneath it wouldn't be online.

We already said electoral colleges are there so the views of small states won't be ignored. If it was done by popular votes, campaigning would only be done in the most populous states and the smaller states would be completely ignored.
                    This is crazy to me. But yea f#ck small states then vs f#ck big states now. If there is 1M people over here & 20M people over there maybe we should be giving more attention to over there.

I've been wondering wtf leaders were thinking with valuing less votes but valuing more states opinions since I heard of electoral votes as a child. If no one wants to live in your sh^tty state YOU SHOULD have less influence in the election of the leader of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      If the systems were being hacked THAT much online banking & everything beneath it wouldn't be online.

This is crazy to me. But yea f#ck small states then vs f#ck big states now. If there is 1M people over here & 20M people over there maybe we should be giving more attention to over there.

I've been wondering wtf leaders were thinking with valuing less votes but valuing more states opinions since I heard of electoral votes as a child. If no one wants to live in your sh^tty state YOU SHOULD have less influence in the election of the leader of the country.
                      Banks have spent big bucks to sure up their systems more than the Federal government has committed so far plus banks will return your money if they have been hacked.

How do you correct hack votes online when voting is suppose to be done anonymously?

I have discussion with you already on the electoral colleges. No need for us to go over it. It won't be changing anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X