Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it's 2018. why can't voting be done from an app?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Banks have spent big bucks to sure up their systems more than the Federal government has committed so far plus banks will return your money if they have been hacked.

How do you correct hack votes online when voting is suppose to be done anonymously?
    Thats a topic of its own & I'm no computer genius to answer it properly I'm sure. But I'd suggest fingerprinting & iris scanning would probably be needed to get in the system to vote. And you do w/e they are doing now to not track people's specific votes or the app equal to that.

I have discussion with you already on the electoral colleges. No need for us to go over it. It won't be changing anytime soon.
    I don't remember all that, but w/e. The electoral college is a dumb ass concept. 1 person, 1 vote is about as logical as one can get with democracy & the US has f#cked up this simple ass concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Thats a topic of its own & I'm no computer genius to answer it properly I'm sure. But I'd suggest fingerprinting & iris scanning would probably be needed to get in the system to vote. And you do w/e they are doing now to not track people's specific votes or the app equal to that.

I don't remember all that, but w/e. The electoral college is a dumb ass concept. 1 person, 1 vote is about as logical as one can get with democracy & the US has f#cked up this simple ass concept.
      I am on a wiat-and-see vibe when it comes to online voting because voting is a serious issues that is hard to correct if hacks occur and call the results into questioning.

It's a way to prevent smaller states and their residents from being marginalized and their views ignored.

Comment

I am on a wiat-and-see vibe when it comes to online voting because voting is a serious issues that is hard to correct if hacks occur and call the results into questioning.
        Fair play. It'd definitely need to be tested, watched & vetted in smaller elections I feel like before we are doing it for President, Senate & Congress elections.

It's a way to prevent smaller states and their residents from being marginalized and their views ignored.
        You're still marginalizing people somewhere. You can only be in so many places at once or during your campaign. Who cares if Montana feels marginalized? Why is that so important vs counting 1 person, 1 vote?

I mean come on man it don't even make f#cking sense that somewhere 17 people of equal power could vote & 10 people could vote for person A & 7 people could vote for person B & cuz of the borders of where those people stand person B wins the vote. Math is a thing I don't wanna marginalize more than Montana residents.

Comment

Fair play. It'd definitely need to be tested, watched & vetted in smaller elections I feel like before we are doing it for President, Senate & Congress elections.

You're still marginalizing people somewhere. You can only be in so many places at once or during your campaign. Who cares if Montana feels marginalized? Why is that so important vs counting 1 person, 1 vote?

I mean come on man it don't even make f#cking sense that somewhere 17 people of equal power could vote & 10 people could vote for person A & 7 people could vote for person B & cuz of the borders of where those people stand person B wins the vote. Math is a thing I don't wanna marginalize more than Montana residents.
          Its not just presidential visits. The crafting of policies would ignore their views too.

Comment

Its not just presidential visits. The crafting of policies would ignore their views too.
            Are you suggesting thats not happening to some people somewhere in the US now? They way elections work aren't conducive to everyone getting their concerns or questions heard now. Hell man 80% of the time in these debates when a person asks a candidate a question they answer whatever they wanna answer vs the real question & throw in mostly off topic to your question talking points.

There are issues with how the election process works NOW & will always be regardless of how you count the votes. I'd just argue math not being a part of elections as is is a bigger problem.

Comment

Are you suggesting thats not happening to some people somewhere in the US now? They way elections work aren't conducive to everyone getting their concerns or questions heard now. Hell man 80% of the time in these debates when a person asks a candidate a question they answer whatever they wanna answer vs the real question & throw in mostly off topic to your question talking points.

There are issues with how the election process works NOW & will always be regardless of how you count the votes. I'd just argue math not being a part of elections as is is a bigger problem.
              There are more small states than big states so the electoral colleges aren't going away. Learn to live with it.

The Electoral College ensures that all parts of the country are involved in selecting the President of the United States. If the election depended solely on the popular vote, then candidates could limit campaigning to heavily-populated areas or specific regions. To win the election, presidential candidates need electoral votes from multiple regions and therefore they build campaign platforms with a national focus, meaning that the winner will actually be serving the needs of the entire country. Without the electoral college, groups such as Iowa farmers and Ohio factory workers would be ignored in favor of pandering to metropolitan areas with higher population densities, leaving rural areas and small towns marginalized
              I don't see a problem with it.

Comment

Base on how big tech companies like google is controlled by the democrats i dont think its a good idea to make voting app base

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                  Base on how big tech companies like google is controlled by the democrats i dont think its a good idea to make voting app base
                  Beech, you get some things right every now and then.

Comment

There are more small states than big states so the electoral colleges aren't going away. Learn to live with it.
                    Ain't I living with it? I just think it make no sense.

I don't see a problem with it.
                    Obviously. And obviously its usually not of much importance. But we have elected Presidents who most of the people in the US didn't want to be the President & to me thats a problem & more importantly makes no sense as a fan of math & logic.

Comment

Ain't I living with it? I just think it make no sense.

Obviously. And obviously its usually not of much importance. But we have elected Presidents who most of the people in the US didn't want to be the President & to me thats a problem & more importantly makes no sense as a fan of math & logic.
                      Over the 227 years that has only happened 5 times so some folks say that shows the system is working okay.

Math and logic aren't the only things we use to judge if everything is okay, if that was the case it would be a cold world. We have to try and hear everybody's feelings.

Comment

Working...
                      X