If you kick off every Latino in this country

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Hahaha.

It reminds me of that video of white liberals saying that black people might not have necessary ID for voting because they might not know how to get it, might not have internet etc..

The Big Dunn This video is for you.

Comment

listen if you kick out every Latino out of this country I'm gonna make sure we take all our good food and condiments with us (adobo, sofrito, recaitos etc) and we taking GOYA too fcuk ya all I hope you enjoy your nasty ass meatloafs, rice a ronis and your Thanksgivings with your dry ass turkeys...fcuk ya

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Actually what he said is precisely what would happen. Like I said to MCC, companies aren't just going fold up. They will have to bid up wages to acquire the labor they need or offer benefits. Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is literally economics 101 level stuff.

As far as work site safety I have no clue where you are going with that. Work sites are as safe as they have ever been. This is actually what I do for a living, I'm a safety supervisor at my crane company. Between the updates to OSHA 1926.1440, and ASME B30.5 standards over the last decade, workers have never been safer. Trust me when I tell you that you don't want OSHA up your ass lol. You aren't going to see a many OSHA violations on work sites that aren't just workers not following the rules. The vast vast majority of safety violations are simply people acting like the rules don't apply to them. Not some big evil corporation trying to save a few dollars
        BS DreamerUSA. Please, can we get out of theory and look at what actually happened in the US for f-cks sake.

At what point in the history of the US agricultural economy have wealthy farmers provided healthy wages to workers? First it was slaves doing the work for free, then indentured servants, then immigrants, then illegal aliens/immigrants. All through this time advances in manufacturing and technology have reduced the need for workers, thus deflating wages.

https://www.osha.gov/dte/grant_mater...cate_Guide.pdf

Another 50,000 workers die each year from occupational disease. Estimates suggest that between 8 million and 12 million work-related injuries or illnesses occur every year. Immigrant workers are disproportionately at risk for workplace safety and health problems – with Latino workers facing the greatest risk of dying on the job.

Now the above report is from 2011 so I am sure there have been improvements.

I am not implying every company is hiring illegals. However, those that do, those people are certainly more likely to be hurt on the job.

I mean do you think people that hire illegals also adhere to all OSHA standards? Would be like drug dealers getting gun licenses. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          BS DreamerUSA. Please, can we get out of theory and look at what actually happened in the US for f-cks sake.

At what point in the history of the US agricultural economy have wealthy farmers provided healthy wages to workers? First it was slaves doing the work for free, then indentured servants, then immigrants, then illegal aliens/immigrants. All through this time advances in manufacturing and technology have reduced the need for workers, thus deflating wages.

https://www.osha.gov/dte/grant_mater...cate_Guide.pdf

Another 50,000 workers die each year from occupational disease. Estimates suggest that between 8 million and 12 million work-related injuries or illnesses occur every year. Immigrant workers are disproportionately at risk for workplace safety and health problems – with Latino workers facing the greatest risk of dying on the job.

Now the above report is from 2011 so I am sure there have been improvements.

I am not implying every company is hiring illegals. However, those that do, those people are certainly more likely to be hurt on the job.

I mean do you think people that hire illegals also adhere to all OSHA standards? Would be like drug dealers getting gun licenses. LOL.
          How is it BS? We've went from slaves to Americans bidding up wages, assuming we managed to deport all illegals. Sorry if it took a bit longer than you would like, but **** takes time. And wages being bid up the way I'm talking about is a theory in the same way quantum mechanics is a theory.

As for injuries and deaths, well no **** people get hurt, construction work is inherently dangerous. The fact that injuries equate to about 1 injury per construction worker is phenomenal. Work on a construction site for a year and let me know how well it works out that at some point you don't **** yourself up. It goes with the territory and it has little to do with evil people forcing you to work in ****ty conditions. That is a year that you have to do something stupid to yourself. In fact rules are in place that a worker can literally make a call and report their employer for unsafe work conditions without fear of reprisal. Again the vast vast majority of work injuries are people doing stupid **** and not following the rules. The rules are in place, but you can't legislate stupid decisions out of individuals.

Also of course people don't all follow the rules. If they did there would be no need for cops or the military or OSHA. And in order for your analogy to work the ATF would have to have unfettered access to the drug dealers in the same way OSHA does on a construction site.

Comment

I have an ID, but I’m from Cali, democractstate... my vote won’t change that.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              How is it BS? We've went from slaves to Americans bidding up wages, assuming we managed to deport all illegals. Sorry if it took a bit longer than you would like, but **** takes time. And wages being bid up the way I'm talking about is a theory in the same way quantum mechanics is a theory.

As for injuries and deaths, well no **** people get hurt, construction work is inherently dangerous. The fact that injuries equate to about 1 injury per construction worker is phenomenal. Work on a construction site for a year and let me know how well it works out that at some point you don't **** yourself up. It goes with the territory and it has little to do with evil people forcing you to work in ****ty conditions. That is a year that you have to do something stupid to yourself. In fact rules are in place that a worker can literally make a call and report their employer for unsafe work conditions without fear of reprisal. Again the vast vast majority of work injuries are people doing stupid **** and not following the rules. The rules are in place, but you can't legislate stupid decisions out of individuals.

Also of course people don't all follow the rules. If they did there would be no need for cops or the military or OSHA. And in order for your analogy to work the ATF would have to have unfettered access to the drug dealers in the same way OSHA does on a construction site.
              But wages in agricultural haven't been bidded up, they've been deflated through use of the cheapest labor available. SO if we get rid of all illegals, i assume we will find another group to exploit as opposed to paying fair wages.

The data shows that immigrants are disproportionately hurt more. We can infer many of those are illegals. I didn't dispute anything you posted. As for reporting, come on Dreamer. What illegal is going to report his boss for fear of being arrested and deported?

I understand theory but again this is real life and in real life wages tend to get deflated in industry like agriculture because owners replace cheap labor with cheaper labor.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                listen if you kick out every Latino out of this country I'm gonna make sure we take all our good food and condiments with us (adobo, sofrito, recaitos etc) and we taking GOYA too fcuk ya all I hope you enjoy your nasty ass meatloafs, rice a ronis and your Thanksgivings with your dry ass turkeys...fcuk ya

LMAO....

Guess it’s back to salt and pepper for them.

Comment

yeah Jim, sure. The business owners that hired illegals because they can pay them little, don't need to give them insurance, and don't need to spend money to make the work area safe are suddenly going to hire American workers and pay them a living wage, with benefits, and then make the work area safe.

I hate it when people like you give people that look like you every benefit of the doubt despite decades of evidence indicating the opposite will happen. Please stop doing that.

What will happen is they will find loopholes and other people to exploit. But you think they will somehow do the right thing. SMDH.

Maybe they will encourage them to unionize as well.
                  What a ridiculous reply, what I told you is the basic principle of supply and demand, has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    What a ridiculous reply, what I told you is the basic principle of supply and demand, has absolutely nothing to do with race.
                    What I posted reflects what actually happens in the USA> How you can even pretend it doesn't is disingenuous.

Don't argue principle, argue actual facts. If what you posted actually happened in the US, then there wouldn't be any illegals here to begin with.

What actually happens is when the pool of workers gets smaller, capitalists find another group willing to work cheaper so they get jobs and wages stay flat and don't go up.

For example-Trump is planning on filling the empty jobs in Cali with people on EBT. DO you think this will keep wages stagnant rather or force them up?

I think it keeps wages flat because instead of getting people from the experienced pool of skilled workers (who you'd have to pay as such) the plan is to put in people that make nothing so you can pay them the minimum wage.

Comment

What I posted reflects what actually happens in the USA> How you can even pretend it doesn't is disingenuous.

Don't argue principle, argue actual facts. If what you posted actually happened in the US, then there wouldn't be any illegals here to begin with.
                      Illegal immigration is not a direct consequence of supply and demand, its a direct consequence of a poor border and lack of patrol and enforcement.

What actually happens is when the pool of workers gets smaller, capitalists find another group willing to work cheaper so they get jobs and wages stay flat and don't go up.
                      This happens on a global scale in the form of NAFTA and TPP, not so much with your local USA business where most of the illegals work. That is unless you want to consider the owner of a pizza shop or a vineyard a big "capitalist". But how many illegals you figure Apple, Google, Facebook, Ford, or any other large "capitalist" residing in the USA has?. When was the last time you saw an illegal working at Home Depot, Best Buy, or Macy's? Sounds to me like those big capitalists are perfectly capable of finding American help, even if it means paying them more.

For example-Trump is planning on filling the empty jobs in Cali with people on EBT. DO you think this will keep wages stagnant rather or force them up?

I think it keeps wages flat because instead of getting people from the experienced pool of skilled workers (who you'd have to pay as such) the plan is to put in people that make nothing so you can pay them the minimum wage.

Well by definition filling positions with people who make nothing so now they can atleast make minimum wage is already a win. Whats your proposition, fill that pool with skilled workers who will get taxed so the EBT people can remain on EBT and continue making nothing?

Comment

Working...
                      X