Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any immigration experts here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short term US visitor visa or tourist visa can either be self sponsored or you may seek sponsorship from any US resident (friends, relative) to sponsor your b1-b2 visa.

https://www.path2usa.com/requirement...d-visitor-visa

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Hey dumb@ss why dont you read this.. you only need to joint support if you as wife/husband cant support your partner.. you're a dumb@ss who got stopped at the airport cos you look poor to have tourist visa hence they asked for your sponsor

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support
      Lol wrong again your own link says you dont need a sponsor for a spouse until they "adjust status to permanent resident after coming to the United States."
      and please point out which one says a spouse other than those presently enlisted in the military are eligible to be a sponsor.

I was able to expedite my daughter's citizenship almost immediately because I was a civil servant and I got my wife in on a tourist visa, which pissed immigration off. We didnt apply for the green card until later

Mega is the only one that mentioned a joint sponsor and your own link says "A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement."
      Last edited by maracho; 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

A short term US visitor visa or tourist visa can either be self sponsored or you may seek sponsorship from any US resident (friends, relative) to sponsor your b1-b2 visa.

https://www.path2usa.com/requirement...d-visitor-visa
        We wernt talking about tourists.

you dont need a sponsor to get a tourist visa. It's not a requirement. It is needed if the applicant don't have enough money to cover his travel and possible medical expenses.

If the person traveling is very rich then he does need that affidavit of support from sponsor. He just needs to show he got the funds to pay for his vacation and more importantly his medical bills if he get sick.
        You seem to be contradicting yourself but again it all depends on the country the tourist is coming from and Siablo himself has already pointed this out that it is more than just finances when he said Jamaicans also need to prove that they also have good reason to return to their country of origin such as a home, children, a job, etc.., Siablo has all the above yet claims not free to travel

Comment

I will make it simple for you cos you lack comprehension.

1. If you are applying for tourist/visitor visa, you don't need a sponsor if you have enough funds. You need financial sponsor if you don't have the funds. This is just one of the requirements. Consul will still look at your "ties" to your home country, criminal background, etc...

2. If you are applying for Greencard then absolutely you need a sponsor. Either your spouse, parents or employer. If your spouse or parents don't have a job or not financially sufficient, then you need additional sponsor or what they call joint sponsor.

This is my last reply to you. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
            My link clearly shows that the sponsor does not have to be a family member as you and Buttler insist. In fact, a spouse no matter how financially secure, is not generally elgible to serve as a sponsor since that likely means no return to the country of origin

You said visitor visa. Are you now talking a tourist visa? Jamaica is not on the linked tourist list so please provide a link that states Jamaican visitors dont need sponsors
            https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...r-program.html

Or maybe its because you told them that you have special skill sets for jerk chicken or removing and transporting killer honey bees, which is big business here?

Anyway why are you so secretive about why you havnt revisited? Was it something silly like a temper tantrum at the dinner table or was it something more unchristian like? And how many times you been to the embassy and paid that application fee? Just curious
            Yo. I am the Jamaican. Listen to me when I talk. Stop doubting me.

Q. I want to visit the United States for vacation this year. I am certain I can find a relative or friend who will allow me to stay at their home, but I do not have a formal invitation yet. Will I need to have a sponsor for my visitor's visa when I interview?
            A. It is a common misconception that you need someone to invite you for a visit to the United States. In fact, there is no such requirement for a sponsor when you apply for a B-1/B-2 visitor's visa for business or pleasure purposes.

What matters for the regular B-1/B-2 visitor's visa is that you have a legitimate purpose of travel and that you qualify independently for the visa regardless of whom you are going to visit. If the reason you want to visit the United States is to visit friends and family, then it stands to reason doing so will be an important part of your legitimate purpose of travel. However, just because a family member or friend has invited you, it does not necessarily assist you to qualify for the visa under US law.

What is of greater interest to the interviewing officer is not so much your reason for going to the United States - it's your reason for coming back to Jamaica that you need to demonstrate. That's why a letter of invitation to visit is not at all necessary to apply for a visitor's visa. What is needed is evidence of strong ties to Jamaica - work, study, family, a future in this country. You can demonstrate these strong ties by being prepared to explain to the interviewing officer your current activities in Jamaica and your plans to return to them after a short stay abroad.

Please note that while the regular visitor's visa does not require a sponsor,
            http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-visa_19233438

Stop trying to tell me how things are done in my own country.

As for the other info you requested, mi nuh trust you that much to tell yuh my business.

Comment

Build a big arse wall that WarMikey couldn't climb.

Shoot a harpoon into Siablo with jerk pork as bait

Comment

I will make it simple for you cos you lack comprehension.

1. If you are applying for tourist/visitor visa, you don't need a sponsor if you have enough funds. You need financial sponsor if you don't have the funds. This is just one of the requirements. Consul will still look at your "ties" to your home country, criminal background, etc...

2. If you are applying for Greencard then absolutely you need a sponsor. Either your spouse, parents or employer. If your spouse or parents don't have a job or not financially sufficient, then you need additional sponsor or what they call joint sponsor.

This is my last reply to you. Have a nice day.
                We taught you that stuff already so what's your point?

Comment

Reread that I implied that we were NOT talking about tourist visas but then yes YOU were talking about tourist and enployment visas and then you changed your status to green card, which is generally the case. So you're basically double lying just like you did when you said your finances were so good that you wouldnt need a cosponsor for your spouse, which is nonsense since US citizens who try to sponsor their spouses will generally be wasting time and money just like yesterday when you were looking to take a better job but needed an economy car to get 60 miles away and without a choufer I might add.

Anyway me and Siablo been talking familial visitor visas all along yet he refuses
                  to tell me what kind of visitor visa he had and now also suddenly insists that Jamaicans have special status, which would indicate tourism even though his country isnt listed as special status for tourism.
                  Yo. Jamaicans don't need a sponsor to get a visitor's visa. We just gotta prove that we will be coming back.

Comment

We taught you that stuff already so what's your point?
                    you didnt teach me sh.1t.. you just didn't understand my posts cos you're dumb..

i was posting and reading trackitt.com forum when i was on hvisa waiting for my gc.. that's where i learned a lot about immigration.. you probably don't even know that site..

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Yo. I am the Jamaican. Listen to me when I talk. Stop doubting me.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-visa_19233438

Stop trying to tell me how things are done in my own country.

As for the other info you requested, mi nuh trust you that much to tell yuh my business.
                      I kept asking you if you meant tourist visa but you kept blabbing the following

What does she mean by co-sign? The only way she could help him out is if she married him.
                      Man! What type of sh**t is this?
                      That's not how any of this work.
                      There we go. Your daughter was the joint-sponsor which means the other sponsor was related to the guy. Who was the other sponsor? The original sponsor has to be a family member. So who was it?
                      All incorrect and everyone who comes over on that type of Visa needs a sponsor

You bitterly indicated to me a while back that you wernt free to travil which probably means you have been trying but needed a sponsor responsible for your well being and return even for tourism as indicated by Butler' own links

Comment

Working...
                      X