No announcement yet.

The Pit Bulls Strike Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Pits are lovely dogs, who unfortunatly are often in the care of some low life irresponsible owners.

Don’t blame the BMW, blame the deuchebag driving it...
    Stupid comparison, it's not like your BMW will start its own ignition and drive itself to run over pedestrians. On the other hand, pits regularly break their chains and leap fences to savage the next door neighbour's cat, or poodle, or toddler. These are animals with the urge to kill baked into their genes by generations of selective breeding, and because they're so strong and vicious, most normal people don't have the ability to stop them once those instincts kick in at a moment's notice. This "it's bad owners fault" meme needs to stop, pits that were raised from puppies, never abused once in their lives and showered in love by their owners still snap and kill people with disturbing regularity. It's the same story every time - "Oh, Rex was such a good boy and loved playing with kids right up until he snapped and tore little Elly's arm off."

These animals aren't fit to be family pets or even to be present amongst the general public at all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360 View Post
      They are good dogs for sure. To bad we have so many metrosexuals in the world today scared of their own shadow.
      I have not set foot in the USA in 3plus years.

My son and his pit will pick me up at SFO... his dog will ride shotgun... dogs... GOD’s gift to man.

Comment

Let's be honest here, any dog can snap. You can be the best dog owner on the planet but your dog can still snap. Pits are dangerous because when they snap the consequences are brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Yeah it's the owners fault. But the fact remains what can happen when it does. The stats are saying pit bulls are disproportionally involved in maiming, and killing. It's been bred to be a fighting dog. There is no way around it.
          I can only speak from my experience. All of my dogs have been exemplary models of the breed. Great around kids and people. Obedient and responsive to commands at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Let's be honest here, any dog can snap. You can be the best dog owner on the planet but your dog can still snap
            Actually not really that true. Most breeds of dog that become aggressive will at least growl and / or bark before attacking, they show warning signs and don't really "snap" suddenly before attacking for the most part. Pitbulls just attack without any warning. You look at videos of attacks by unleashed pitbulls and they just come up on people and other animals that are unaware and latch onto their throats or faces without making any loud noise or giving off any clear signal. It's bred in, a fighting dog that gets the jump on on the other dog is more likely to win a fight.

Pitbulls are like the Frankenstein's monster of dogs, they're just this ridiculous blend of different dangerous violent traits, both physical and mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
              Stupid comparison, it's not like your BMW will start its own ignition and drive itself to run over pedestrians. On the other hand, pits regularly break their chains and leap fences to savage the next door neighbour's cat, or poodle, or toddler. These are animals with the urge to kill baked into their genes by generations of selective breeding, and because they're so strong and vicious, most normal people don't have the ability to stop them once those instincts kick in at a moment's notice. This "it's bad owners fault" meme needs to stop, pits that were raised from puppies, never abused once in their lives and showered in love by their owners still snap and kill people with disturbing regularity. It's the same story every time - "Oh, Rex was such a good boy and loved playing with kids right up until he snapped and tore little Elly's arm off."

These animals aren't fit to be family pets or even to be present amongst the general public at all IMO.
              You don’t know shlt about pits...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I have not set foot in the USA in 3plus years.

My son and his pit will pick me up at SFO... his dog will ride shotgun... dogs... GOD’s gift to man.
                Not all dogs are the same. Some breeds are not appropriate in urban settings.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy360 View Post
                  They are good dogs for sure. To bad we have so many metrosexuals in the world today scared of their own shadow.
                  Hold it. There are other breeds of dogs that are just as loyal and make outstanding family pets. Why a pit bull?? I think it's the other way around. A person that can take care of himself doesn't need a dangerous dog as a pet.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Not all dogs are the same. Some breeds are not appropriate in urban settings.
                    Ok...I agree but... my X was everything to me.. X raised my kids.. I miss him so bad... he was cool as ****...

Rip X...from Z...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Ok...I agree but... my X was everything to me.. X raised my kids.. I miss him so bad... he was cool as ****...

Rip X...from Z...
                      Ok got it... ..

Comment

Working...
                      X