No announcement yet.

The Pit Bulls Strike Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Wow. Working overtime on the trolling there. Try and bo more obvious. Replace the meme with pics of dead white people with non-whites celevrating standing over them. I mean, why half-ass it?

Wtf are you even talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
      Wtf are you even talking about?
      And then you deny it.

Nice touch.

I'll help you out, bruh...

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
        Do any of you pitbull defenders have any stats that show that the cause of pitbull attacks is due to their owners being incompetent and/or lowlives?

Ill wait.
        How would one even compile such statistics?

Excuse me sir, do you own a pitbull?

Yes

Okay, great. Are you a lowlife, scumbag piece of shit?

Yes

Okay thank you for your cooperation.

Obviously, I'm being a wise ass but seriously though, how would you even get these statistics that you request? They were initially bred as fighting dogs but were used as nanny dogs for a long time. They were never bred to be aggressive toward humans. They are pretty awesome dogs actually. I don't think they are more apt to bite anyone than other breeds but they are so powerful and tenacious that when they do, the result can be disastrous.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

Yes

Yes

Obviously, I'm being a wise ass but seriously though, how would you even get these statistics that you request? They were initially bred as fighting dogs but were used as nanny dogs for a long time. They were never bred to be aggressive toward humans. They are pretty awesome dogs actually. I don't think they are more apt to bite anyone than other breeds but they are so powerful and tenacious that when they do, the result can be disastrous.
          You're quite right about proving such a claim and yet, the claim is continuously made without any evidence. A connundrum you might say. Others might just say, "Bullshlt."

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            "my pitbulls never bit me therefore if a pitbull attacks is because it wasn't raised like mines were" this is your logic.. its very delusional. a pitbulls NATURE is to attack and KILL. it doesn't matter how you raise it. you can own pitbulls for 100 years, never get bit and that still doesn't change the fact it is a breed designed to kill. theres instances of pits being raised with loving owner and still kill. i would keep a pit to protect property but never as a pet inside the home.
            I find it interesting that you point out a flaw in his argument, yet are using the same logic with your counter argument.. "I saw some videos on Youtube of pitbulls attacking so therefore they are all killers." His point stands. Generally speaking, if raised properly a pitbull will not exhibit any aggression toward humans. The vast majority of pitbulls never attack anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              You're quite right about proving such a claim and yet, the claim is continuously made without any evidence. A connundrum you might say. Others might just say, "Bullshlt."
              I suppose so in regard to proving it but raising a dog properly is very important, especially with a powerful breed. You can get away with being lazy with most dogs but you can't always with certain breeds. I do think a lot of the problem is that there are so many people that have no business owning any dog period, especially working breeds.

Clearly we don't see eye to eye on the pitbull but we can probably find common ground in that many people who have dogs, should not.

Comment

I suppose so in regard to proving it but raising a dog properly is very important, especially with a powerful breed. You can get away with being lazy with most dogs but you can't always with certain breeds. I do think a lot of the problem is that there are so many people that have no business owning any dog period, especially working breeds.

Clearly we don't see eye to eye on the pitbull but we can probably find common ground in that many people who have dogs, should not.
                Oh I think a big part of the problem is that so many people do own them. I definitely see what you're saying and I'm not disagreeing. Given this, how about a special permit be required to own such an animal? I have no objection to that.

When it comes down to it, we have a civilization here. A major and if not the most important, component to civilization is safety. Every place doesn't have to be Mayberry but it shouldn't resemble the south side of Chicago either. Having these dogs running around as potential threats, just brings down the value of property. Why should I buy a house somewhere next to a house that keeps one of these where I might be afraid to go into my backyard? I mean, that's ridiculous. People talk a lot about how those of us against them being owned are whining and what not but look at some of the vids up above. Not one of us would do any differently than those victims unless we were armed and even then of the dog gets the drop on you, it's too late. Especially more than one at a time will rip your ass to shreds. So I don't see how them running around freely can be part of a healthy civilization.

And just think about anarchy with no civilization. Many would be shooting every pit bull they saw without even thinking. I don't want to see that but it will if things keep getting pushed by the pit bull lovers. I mean in the one vid, a man is kicking the pit bull that is ripping that girl apart and some idiot says, "Aw, don't kick the dog." Are you ****ing kidding me?

Anyway, you make good points here. I agree with you but there must be something else in place to insure safety. When you can't even walk outside, there's a problem.

Comment

Yes

Yes

Well yes thats exactly my point.

Since such statistics cannot be compiled, why would anyone make the case that the owners are the real problem?

People need to think beyond their own personal experience, because we already know that its not ALL Pitts who go off like that.

Comment

just been a story in the UK papers todayvabout a pit literally ripping the scalp off of a young child. in some ways fortunate its just that and they didnt go for the throat

Comment

Don't even try bro...it's not worth it. Most of the people in this thread have never owned a pitbull or even know anyone who does. They base opinions on what makes for sensationalized video yet in real life they never have seen those attacks because they very uncommon except for neighborhoods where people seek out aggressive dogs. They weren't there to see the 3 toddlers run up to my dog last week surrounding her and immediately hug and kiss her while she responded by licking all of their faces. They don't know that the reason most people get pitbulls is because they are the most loving and affectionate dog there is. Cesar Millan (the Dog Whisper) has said his favourite dog is the pitbull because they are sweet...but they don't want to hear that. Instead they search the internet looking for weird shit like dog attacks.

I'm lucky and have been able to choose where I live. The type of people who are into a fucked-up way of life are not really in my world for the most part. If those people could not acquire the particularly rare and select most aggressive pitbulls to own then they would get another type of aggressive dog. There are all sort of weapons a person can acquire especially in the US. Where I live most people love the breed and there isn't a single time I take her for a walk when more than one person comes over asking if they can pet my dog.

This is such a stupid argument perpetuated by people who have no clue about the dog. Don't even bother trying...I just choose to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                      X