No announcement yet.

Two year old boy in Philly mauled to death by 3 pitbulls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two year old boy in Philly mauled to death by 3 pitbulls

The city Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the toddler who was fatally mauled by pit bulls in a Port Richmond rowhouse Wednesday (August 1, 2018) as Javon Torres.

Office spokesperson James Garrow said an autopsy Friday morning determined that the death was “accidental” and resulted from “multiple blunt and penetrating injuries.”

Police Commissioner Richard Ross said Thursday that the boy appeared to have been attacked by three pit bulls in the living room of the rowhouse on the 3000 block of Agate Street. Two other pit bulls were caged.

They recalled witnessing a frightening scene about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday when a woman emerged from the house screaming for help, as another woman was being attacked by the dogs in the living room while trying to protect the child.

A police source Friday identified the woman who was trying to protect the child as Rebecca Olan, 27. He said she lived in the home and was the owner of the pit bulls.

Ben Waxman, a spokesperson for the District Attorney’s Office, said Friday that no decision would be made on charges until the investigation is completed.

Police officers who responded to the attack Wednesday fatally shot two of the attacking pit bulls. Ross said the department’s Officer-Involved Shooting Investigation Unit was investigating. The Animal Care and Control Team of Philadelphia removed all five dogs.

The boy was pronounced dead at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children on Wednesday. Olan was taken to Temple University Hospital for injuries she suffered and has since been released, the source said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/cr...html?mobi=true

Dogs are dangerous if you don't know how to handle them or raise them or if they come from amateur breeding.

A dog's breed means everything. The difference between a dog from a professional accomplished breeder and a stray street puppy is worlds apart.

I know this because I've known many dogs, some from great breeders, some from amateur breeders(friends and acquaintances I've had whose dogs gave birth), some from the street.

The difference in behavior between a professionally bred dog and an amatuer or non bred dog is tremendous.

If you know how to raise a dog, and you know how they think, and you're a disciplined and strong minded person with alpha qualities then you can handle almost pretty much every dog.

If you don't, and you get a dog from bad breeding, it could turn out ugly. A dog is a great responsibility, and if you're not willing to take that responsibility then just get a cat or a hamster.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-06-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

If it ain't a goldfish, it won't enter this house, bahleedat!!!!

Comment

Involuntary manslaughter

Comment

When will people learn to not have any pits around children?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
            When will people learn to not have any pits around children?
            I knew this was coming lol

It's not the pitbull.

It's the breeding and owner.

A bad bred and/or bad raised rottweiler, or german shepard is just as likely to attack as a bad bred and/or bad raised pitbull.

A well bred, well raised pitbull won't show any agression, especially towards its master's childrens.

Comment

two things going on where pitbull violence is concerned:

1. the breed was bread to fight and is very aggressive. yes, they can be trained well and be great with other dogs, kids, all people, but if you don't train them well they're more predisposed to violent behavior than most [almost all,] other breeds of dogs.

2. pit bulls appeal to some of the dumbest, most irresponsible people on the planet. they're one of the most often surrendered and abused breeds of dogs. TONS OF THEIR OWNERS ARE F#CKING ****HEADs with no business owning a dog at all. never mind a dog that was bred to fight bulls and other dogs.

anecdote
              i;ve been bitten once by a dog hard enought o draw blood. of course it was a pit bull. it made me bleed by accident. jumped up and basically smacked me in the face iwth her teeth. split my head open between my eyes, i still ahve a tiny scar that my unibrow will cover if i don't shave it. and she was a tiny pit bull and nice! they're just an undeniably a more dangerous dog than most other common breeds, and undeniably owned by more idiots than any other dog.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                I knew this was coming lol

It's not the pitbull.

It's the breeding and owner.

A bad bred or bad raised rottweiler, or german shepard is just as likely to attack as a pitbull.

A well bred, well raised pitbull won't show any agression, especially towards its master's childrens.

there is a ton of evidence that pit bulls are more dangerous than control groups of dogs. literally too much for you to go through this week on the first page of a google scholar search. i've posted a lot of the studies over the years when tehese threads have popped up. it's real science.

and Rottweilers and german sheapards are also dangerous breeds of dogs. pit bulls and rottweilers make up a huge portion of dog bites each year, and an even larger proportion of mauling deaths. doesn't mean they're all bad, it's about predisposition toward violent behavior, and violent capabilities. go breed pit bulls for 15 years and keep unfixed males around, and do the same thing for black labs, and keep track of the behavior you see.

again, this is well backed up science and you're more than welcome to take a look and see what you find.

Comment

I've been around dogs my entire life and I've always had my own dog(s)

When a dog gains your respect, they will never in a million years do anything to harm you.

I don't want to be corny or sentimental, but when a dog gains your respect, they will no bull**** love you. I mean, real love, it's unquestionable devotion and loyalty.

You can question or doubt a person's love, but when a dog loves you, that **** is forever. It's unchanging. Dogs don't know how to lie, they are crystalline honesty on four legs.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-06-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    2. pit bulls appeal to some of the dumbest, most irresponsible people on the planet. they're one of the most often surrendered and abused breeds of dogs. TONS OF THEIR OWNERS ARE F#CKING ****HEADs with no business owning a dog at all. never mind a dog that was bred to fight bulls and other dogs.

This is true.

I love dogs, but the only pit bulls I like are the ones that kill their owners.

Comment

Working...
                    X