Two year old boy in Philly mauled to death by 3 pitbulls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pits being Pits

Comment

I've learned so much from dogs. Unconditional love, discipline, bravery, courage, forgiveness, honesty, loyalty, presence, peace. Some of them are better than some people.

I'll always have their back.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        I knew this was coming lol

It's not the pitbull.

It's the breeding and owner.

A bad bred and/or bad raised rottweiler, or german shepard is just as likely to attack as a bad bred and/or bad raised pitbull.

A well bred, well raised pitbull won't show any agression, especially towards its master's childrens.
        You can push that lie all you want to.

The reality though is that any dog can have a bad moment. There are no 100% garantees here. The difference is what happens if a pit has a bad moment. Or its not even a bad moment, the dog can just get overly excited, happy as hell, wants to hug or kiss you, and next thing you know...

They are just too strong and too dangerous to be around children.

A review of 82 dog bite cases at a level 1 trauma center where the breed of dog was identified concludes that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states: If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.
        Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 08-06-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          You can push that lie all you want to.

The reality though is that any dog can have a bad moment. There are no 100% garantees here. The difference is what happens if a pit has a bad moment. Or its not even a bad moment, the dog can just get overly excited, happy as hell, wants to hug or kiss you, and next thing you know...

They are just too strong and too dangerous to be around children.

A review of 82 dog bite cases at a level 1 trauma center where the breed of dog was identified concludes that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states: If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.
          You've basically reinforced my argument of bad breeding and/or bad raising.

And there's nothing you can do to refute a well bred and well raised pitbull showing no problems, further reinforcing my statements.

Comment

And there's nothing you can do to refute a well bred and well raised pitbull showing no problems, further reinforcing my statements.
            If this statement is true, I would support charging the woman with either voluntary manslaughter or 2nd degree murder (depending on the PA statutes)

Comment

Behavior is always based on a combination of nurture and nature. The tendencies an animal is born with and the tendencies you reinforce in them.

That's why this guy is still alive.

Comment

Its clear that you arent actually reading what I posted if you think it reinforced your false statements.

I know I wont change your mind, but I will let you know that are talking crazy.

Heres more stats 'reinforcing' your statements.

“Pit bull roulette” cost the lives of 38 humans, plus nearly 13,000 dogs, 5,000 cats, and more than 20,000 farmed animals in 2017––and, only two weeks into 2018, has already killed Happy Hound Hotel boarding kennel worker Laura Williams Ray, of Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, and three-year-old Rylee Marie Dodge, of Duncan, Oklahoma, along with many dozens of animals.

https://www.animals24-7.org/2018/01/...imals-in-2017/

Comment

Behavior is always based on a combination of nurture and nature. The tendencies an animal is born with and the tendencies you reinforce in them.

That's why this guy is still alive.

Let's hope he doesn't end up like Steve Irwin

Comment

This happens and happens again and again.

Pitbulls are responsible for 60% of fatalities of dog attacks

And it is children who are the ones getting ripped apart.

If you are OK with small children being brutally savaged to death by these animals, do nothing.

If you would like a world wear kids are not torn apart by the teeth of a savage animal, then support banning these animals and slaughtering them all and making it a criminal offence to own one.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      two things going on where pitbull violence is concerned:

1. the breed was bread to fight and is very aggressive. yes, they can be trained well and be great with other dogs, kids, all people, but if you don't train them well they're more predisposed to violent behavior than most [almost all,] other breeds of dogs.

2. pit bulls appeal to some of the dumbest, most irresponsible people on the planet. they're one of the most often surrendered and abused breeds of dogs. TONS OF THEIR OWNERS ARE F#CKING ****HEADs with no business owning a dog at all. never mind a dog that was bred to fight bulls and other dogs.

anecdote
                      i;ve been bitten once by a dog hard enought o draw blood. of course it was a pit bull. it made me bleed by accident. jumped up and basically smacked me in the face iwth her teeth. split my head open between my eyes, i still ahve a tiny scar that my unibrow will cover if i don't shave it. and she was a tiny pit bull and nice! they're just an undeniably a more dangerous dog than most other common breeds, and undeniably owned by more idiots than any other dog.
                      Statistically speaking, Pitbulls aren't more likely to attack a person than a lot of other breeds. The problem with them and Rottweilers, is that when they do go off, they are far more likely to kill someone.

Comment

Working...
                      X