Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was America Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1967 was a great year for America. I got my first blow job that year.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      It’s the same information, just the first graph breaks down the two parties further by including the region which makes it clear that the distinction was more about North vs. South rather than Democrat vs. Republican.

As Brometheus above said and you also basically said, the Republican Party used to be the party of the North, and now it’s the party of the South. Even in the 1960s you can see the shift in ideaology with Northern Democrats being more for the Civil Rights bill than Northern Republicans, and Southern Democrats being more for the bill than Southern Republicans. That was the point of the graph. And as time goes by and the Republican Party shifts more thoroughly to being the party of the South, is there any wonder why minorities supported it less and less.

Seems to be a fallacy to say it was the party that was more for minority civil rights. The true distinction was that the north was more for minority’s civil rights than the south.
      I'm sure there has been shifts but not a huge or opposote shift or even close.
      I'd like some good evidence/links for that assertion because as I've said Clintons were not at all your friend

Comment

Depends of perspective. Was America great for women, blacks and other minorities in the 1800's? Great for those same people 1900 to 1950? The 60's? I would say that things are best for those people over the last 20 years. America has been great for business in various degrees all through its history. This has not translated to great times for many of our citizens however. Oppression of those who are different either regarding race, gender or economic status is a constant. Corporate greed leading to child labor, low wages, pollution of our air and water is also a constant through most of our history. It has taken regulation to clean up the damage that was done over many decades. Take a look at the rivers around New York. Prior to legislation to eliminate pollution of these waterways they were a horrid mess. Today quite a different story but it took regulation to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
          I'm sure there has been shifts but not a huge or opposote shift or even close.
          I'd like some good evidence/links for that assertion because as I've said Clintons were not at all your friend
          I don't know what it has to do with the Clintons, bro. It's obvious that the Republican Party began as the party of the North, and now it's the party of the South. I don't think we need charts and diagrams to figure that out.

Comment

I don't know what it has to do with the Clintons, bro. It's obvious that the Republican Party began as the party of the North, and now it's the party of the South. I don't think we need charts and diagrams to figure that out.
            I don't trust any of them so all the more reason to need evidence over pundit opinions, mob mentality, etc

Comment

I don't trust any of them so all the more reason to need evidence over pundit opinions, mob mentality, etc
              I agree. I also don't trust any of them. I just don't know what you're stating that you need evidence of...?

Comment

Its pretty simple to figure out that the democrat party has always been the slave owner party

To be a slave owner ull have to be rich
                And guess to which party is most rich people are? Yup the democrats

And to this day most of them rich in Californian they employ illegals as slaves to wash their clothes and clean their house for a penny

And when u tell them that America has to tighten its borders and deport illegals they then response with, “who will then do the hard work?”

Yup thats a slave owner mentality

Comment

I agree. I also don't trust any of them. I just don't know what you're stating that you need evidence of...?
                  That the Republicans are the racists and the Democrats are the saviors

But you also dont trust any of them so we need solid evidence of this so called opposite switch

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                    Its pretty simple to figure out that the democrat party has always been the slave owner party

To be a slave owner ull have to be rich
                    And guess to which party is most rich people are? Yup the democrats

And to this day most of them rich in Californian they employ illegals as slaves to wash their clothes and clean their house for a penny

And when u tell them that America has to tighten its borders and deport illegals they then response with, “who will then do the hard work?”

Yup thats a slave owner mentality

Once again, being that the Republican Party used to be the part of the North, and is now the party of the South, I don't think your rhetoric goes very far. It's certain that staunch republican families owned plantations or slaves in the past. Wasn't it revealed that Rep. John McCain's family owned slaves?

Comment

That the Republicans are the racists and the Democrats are the saviors
                      Ok, you went off on your own drumming up that one. Don't know where you got that from, but it definitely wasn't from me!

But you also dont trust any of them so we need solid evidence of this so called opposite switch
                      You need solid evidence that the Republican Party was the party of the North and then became the party of the South?

This might be what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                      X