Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    The goalpost is where it's always been. I asked for evidence, not testimony. Reviving someone in a hospital is not raising the dead. This argument was always about something supernatural, where have you been? Show me a guy with wings on his back flying around, healing someone by simply touching them or walking on water and I would concede defeat. But you can't.

Many religious people can't accept it when one merely questions things. Religion seems to be the one area where tangible evidence isn't required. It's just well he said it happened, so it happened or somebody wrote it in a book so it must have happened.

And I already said I don't have a problem with somebody believing in a higher power, just people making up their own facts. But you guys seem to have a problem with someone else not being religious. So if there's a God, show me where he is. You can't, because it's a bunch of stuff a bunch of guys made up centuries ago. On the side of science, there's fossil records found at archaeological digs, THAT's evidence, carbon dating is evidence, because those things are tangible. So if you guys wanna go on believing there's an invisible man in the sky stalking you, that keeps track of everything you do and gives you a final tally that decides your fate after you die, go right ahead. I choose not to, unless I see it for myself. If I'm wrong, I go to hell and listen to rock n roll, "the devil's music". Satan probably throws better parties anyway.

To quote Bill Hicks, if you don't like what I'm saying and you're Christian "then forgive me."
    Unlike your fossil record of evolutionism, there is abundant historical and archaeological evidence for the people and places of the bible, which increases every year. The fossil record supports rapid explosion of life miraculously preserved by a huge Flood.

So you are the one simply going by what others tell you, which is dishonestly biased. Not only that but your religion/evolutionism was founded for the slave trade and has been used for evil ever since (e.g. the Holocaust, Apartheid, Abortion, etc).

and you still refuse to show how the fossil record and carbon dating backs your stance. Anyway, Carbon dating disproves evolution by dating all critters under 50,000 years old. Heck, even the definition of evolution disproves the Theory of Evolution by the very fact that all forms applied depend upon purposeful intelligent design (e,g tools and technology).

Prove how this critter is a random accident and not intelligently designed

Darwin admitted: "“But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory. The explanation lies, as I believe, in the extreme imperfection of the geological record.” A hundred years later, biologist Gareth J. Nelson states: “The idea that one can go to the fossil record and expect to empirically recover an ancestor-descendant sequence, be it of species, genera, families, or whatever, has been, and continues to be, a pernicious illusion.”

Likewise, billions of dollars of radiation experiments on fruit flies and bacteria prove that fruit flies always remain fruit flies and bacteria always remain bacteria.
    Last edited by maracho; 07-12-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
      No, you are totally dismissing the jury. This is why 99% the greatest discoveries have been made by Christians who dont simply depend on things they can see with their own eyes, which you havnt so...

Okay, but that video said she lived longer than one normally would, but she was still dead. It didn't mention anything about her being alive or coming back to life.

Still doesn't prove any existence of any deity, but if you want to believe in that, go right ahead.
      Last edited by Anthony342; 07-12-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Unlike your fossil record of evolutionism, there is abundant historical and archaeological evidence for the people and places of the bible, which increases every year. The fossil record supports rapid explosion of life miraculously preserved by a huge Flood.

So you are the one simply going by what others tell you, which is dishonestly biased. Not only that but your religion/evolutionism was founded for the slave trade and has been used for evil ever since (e.g. the Holocaust, Apartheid, Abortion, etc).

and you still refuse to show how the fossil record and carbon dating backs your stance. Anyway, Carbon dating disproves evolution by dating all critters under 50,000 years old. Heck, even the definition of evolution disproves the Theory of Evolution by the very fact that all forms applied depend upon purposeful intelligent design (e,g tools and technology).

Prove how this critter is a random accident and not intelligently designed

Darwin admitted: "“But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory. The explanation lies, as I believe, in the extreme imperfection of the geological record.” A hundred years later, biologist Gareth J. Nelson states: “The idea that one can go to the fossil record and expect to empirically recover an ancestor-descendant sequence, be it of species, genera, families, or whatever, has been, and continues to be, a pernicious illusion.”

Likewise, billions of dollars of radiation experiments on fruit flies and bacteria prove that fruit flies always remain fruit flies and bacteria always remain bacteria.
        Intelligently designed? As in some unseen being just waved his arms and made that insect appear? That's what you're saying happened? Okay, so show me your deity waving his arms and making that insect appear. Or that someone walked on water or turned someone into a pillar of salt or any of the supernatural things written in your bible. You can't, because it's not possible.

Comment

• And to answer the original topic question, athletes don't blame God when they lose because that would piss off all the religious folks out there which, as we can see here, seems pretty easy to do.

Comment

Okay, but that video said she lived longer than one normally would, but she was still dead. It didn't mention anything about her being alive or coming back to life.

Still doesn't prove any existence of any deity, but if you want to believe in that, go right ahead.
            you are still lying but at least your not very good at it

Comment

Intelligently designed? As in some unseen being just waved his arms and made that insect appear? That's what you're saying happened? Okay, so show me your deity waving his arms and making that insect appear. Or that someone walked on water or turned someone into a pillar of salt or any of the supernatural things written in your bible. You can't, because it's not possible.
              You still arnt answering the questions like we have, which only proves more faith based hypocracy on your part.

Using your anology of needing to see it with your own eyes, there is no proof that men built the Egyptian Pyamids, which means you probably believe aliens did it like so many other evilutionists..lol

There are fossil salt beds and geologist and archaeologists are dumbfounded by the disappearance of whole cities in the Sodom area

Comment

you are still lying but at least your not very good at it
                You still haven't proven any existence of God, so you're the one whose lying. I guess that's why they call it "faith".

You're the one whose not very good at proving your case. I guess when you wrote papers in college, you probably didn't cite your sources either.
                Last edited by Anthony342; 07-12-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

You still arnt answering the questions like we have, which only proves more faith based hypocracy on your part.

Using your anology of needing to see it with your own eyes, there is no proof that men built the Egyptian Pyamids, which means you probably believe aliens did it like so many other evilutionists..lol

There are fossil salt beds and geologist and archaeologists are dumbfounded by the disappearance of whole cities in the Sodom area
                  You've answered nothing and proven nothing as usual. And, of course, you completely avoided the questions I've just asked. Ooh, can't explain something, so it must be supernatural. Keep deflecting because you know it's not possible. Proof that something was built is the fact that it's there. Just like proof that someone committed a murder is their fingerprints on the murder weapon.

And since we're generalizing here, you're probably the type of person that sends money to televangelists. And still believes in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy.

Comment

You still haven't proven any existence of God, so you're the one whose lying. I guess that's why they call it "faith".

You're the one whose not very good at proving your case. I guess when you wrote papers in college, you probably didn't cite your sources either.
                    Yeah I showed you a intelligently created being and totally squashed your evolution

Comment

You've answered nothing and proven nothing as usual. And, of course, you completely avoided the questions I've just asked. Ooh, can't explain something, so it must be supernatural. Keep deflecting because you know it's not possible. Proof that something was built is the fact that it's there. Just like proof that someone committed a murder is their fingerprints on the murder weapon.

And since we're generalizing here, you're probably the type of person that sends money to televangelists. And still believes in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy.
                      Which of your questions havnt I addressed?

Comment

Working...
                      X