Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
    Thats likewise dishonest. I didnt say comas or minutes. I said people pronounced dead because their brain and/or heart waves were no longer regeresting yet they awoke sometimes days later in their coffins or funerals. The Lazarus Syndrome is one example and is a bonafide medical term

Millions perhaps billions confess supernatural change including my myself with my own life. No offense but your fight is obviously to deny this like your father the devil who was a liar from the beginning so repent and see the light
    We weren't talking about comas, but people long dead, as in already embalmed and buried. Once again, no proof, you lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWPoQWdmjg&t=26s

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342;18931521[B
      ]No I am not. Just because someone says something happened, doesn't mean it happened. [/B] It can also be explained as a dream or hallucination. You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Believe what you want in your little cult.
      You are moving the goalpost. You asked for evidence or links that such event happened, he provided, now you are demanding to prove to you that it must be supernatural. You move from post to post in order to avoid being cornered and that's just dishonest.

And you are not open to the evidence either because you just said "It can be explained as an hallucination or a dream." So there is no amount of evidence for you to be convinced since you are just going to the "It can be explained by science" route.
      Last edited by Thraxox; 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        You are moving the goalpost. You asked for evidence or links that such event happened, he provided, now you are demanding to prove to you that it must be supernatural. You move from post to post in order to avoid being cornered and that's just dishonest.

And you are not open to the evidence either because you just said "It can be explained as an hallucination or a dream." So there is no amount of evidence for you to be convinced since you are just going to the "It can be explained by science" route.
        Exactly, he's obviously content to troll and in a bad way and still refuses to account for all the critters scurrying all around

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

The goalpost is where it's always been. I asked for evidence, not testimony. Reviving someone in a hospital is not raising the dead. This argument was always about something supernatural, where have you been? Show me a guy with wings on his back flying around, healing someone by simply touching them or walking on water and I would concede defeat. But you can't.

Many religious people can't accept it when one merely questions things. Religion seems to be the one area where tangible evidence isn't required. It's just well he said it happened, so it happened or somebody wrote it in a book so it must have happened.

And I already said I don't have a problem with somebody believing in a higher power, just people making up their own facts. But you guys seem to have a problem with someone else not being religious. So if there's a God, show me where he is. You can't, because it's a bunch of stuff a bunch of guys made up centuries ago. On the side of science, there's fossil records found at archaeological digs, THAT's evidence, carbon dating is evidence, because those things are tangible. So if you guys wanna go on believing there's an invisible man in the sky stalking you, that keeps track of everything you do and gives you a final tally that decides your fate after you die, go right ahead. I choose not to, unless I see it for myself. If I'm wrong, I go to hell and listen to rock n roll, "the devil's music". Satan probably throws better parties anyway.

To quote Bill Hicks, if you don't like what I'm saying and you're Christian "then forgive me."
          Last edited by Anthony342; 07-12-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            We weren't talking about comas, but people long dead, as in already embalmed and buried. Once again, no proof, you lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjWPoQWdmjg&t=26s
            You brought up Comas.

I'm talking people waking up on the embalming table, while in the cremation rooms, after being put in body bags, after being cut open on the autopsy table, after losing their skin after frozen in the morgue, etc, etc

Your WWE youtube is fake and thus dishonest

Comment

Exactly, he's obviously content to troll and in a bad way and still refuses to account for all the critters scurrying all around
              No I'm content to question things people believe that don't make sense and to accept things as true when there's physical evidence of it being true. Like, in a murder case, I'll believe someone is guilty if there is something that proves the defendant's guilt, like their DNA at the crime scene and/or their fingerprints on a recovered murder weapon. Those are examples of evidence. So either show me a corpse coming out of the ground and walking around or an image of your God that you say exists and then I'll change my tune.

Comment

You brought up Comas.

I'm talking people waking up on the embalming table, while in the cremation rooms, after being put in body bags, after being cut open on the autopsy table, after losing their skin after frozen in the morgue, etc, etc

Your WWE youtube is fake and thus dishonest
                But that is not resurrection, that is reviving someone. Resurrection is bringing someone to life AFTER they've already been embalmed and put in the ground. You know it, I know it, so stop bulls******g. So show me proof of your God or someone rising from the ground after some decomposition. That's what this has been about from the beginning.

Comment

The goalpost is where it's always been. I asked for evidence, not testimony. Reviving someone in a hospital is not raising the dead. This argument was always about something supernatural, where have you been? Show me a guy with wings on his back flying around, healing someone by simply touching them or walking on water and I would concede defeat. But you can't.

Many religious people can't accept it when one merely questions things. Religion seems to be the one area where tangible evidence isn't required. It's just well he said it happened, so it happened or somebody wrote it in a book so it must have happened.

And I already said I don't have a problem with somebody believing in a higher power, just people making up their own facts. But you guys seem to have a problem with someone else not being religious. So if there's a God, show me where he is. You can't, because it's a bunch of stuff a bunch of guys made up centuries ago. On the side of science, there's fossil records found at archaeological digs, THAT's evidence, carbon dating is evidence, because those things are tangible. So if you guys wanna go on believing there's an invisible man in the sky stalking you, that keeps track of everything you do and gives you a final tally that decides your fate after you die, go right ahead. I choose not to, unless I see it for myself. If I'm wrong, I go to hell and listen to rock n roll, "the devil's music". Satan probably throws better parties anyway.

To quote Bill Hicks, if you don't like what I'm saying and you're Christian "then forgive me."
                  And when before statements that completely ignores my point appears.

Comment

No I'm content to question things people believe that don't make sense and to accept things as true when there's physical evidence of it being true. Like, in a murder case, I'll believe someone is guilty if there is something that proves the defendant's guilt, like their DNA at the crime scene and/or their fingerprints on a recovered murder weapon. Those are examples of evidence. So either show me a corpse coming out of the ground and walking around or an image of your God that you say exists and then I'll change my tune.
                    No, you are totally dismissing the jury. This is why 99% the greatest discoveries have been made by Christians who dont simply depend on things they can see with their own eyes, which you havnt so...

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    But that is not resurrection, that is reviving someone. Resurrection is bringing someone to life AFTER they've already been embalmed and put in the ground. You know it, I know it, so stop bulls******g. So show me proof of your God or someone rising from the ground after some decomposition. That's what this has been about from the beginning.

Comment

I think you could probably find many testimonies of people who were healed simply by being touched by someone who is a really strong Christian and has that gift. I doubt you would accept that as evidence though.

If you want proof of a higher power, go look into the arguments that the random spontaneous creation of life on the Earth is impossible. You can also look into the Satanic conspiracy that pretty much controls the Earth right now.

And I already said I don't have a problem with somebody believing in a higher power, just people making up their own facts.
                      Okay.

But you guys seem to have a problem with someone else not being religious.
                      I don't really have a problem with it. You're the one who might have a BIG problem with it after you die.

So if there's a God, show me where he is.
                      See above.

You can't, because it's a bunch of stuff a bunch of guys made up centuries ago.
                      And you know this how?

On the side of science, there's fossil records found at archaeological digs, THAT's evidence, carbon dating is evidence, because those things are tangible.
                      One, I'm not sure the Earth is six thousand years old. I don't think it is and it doesn't say in the Bible that it is. At least I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

So if you guys wanna go on believing there's an invisible man in the sky stalking you, that keeps track of everything you do and gives you a final tally that decides your fate after you die, go right ahead.
                      Okay.

I choose not to, unless I see it for myself. If I'm wrong, I go to hell and listen to rock n roll, "the devil's music". Satan probably throws better parties anyway.
                      Going to hell involves being tortured by demons forever and experiencing extreme pain in ways you can't imagine. As Pascal said, if there is even a 1% chance that is true, it is something you want to avoid at all costs.

I forgive you but will God forgive you when you inevitably cash out?

Comment

Working...
                      X