No announcement yet.

Best horror movie sequels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    But she was Latina (at least her character was). So no matter how much of a good girl the character was, she had to get killed off. Equivalent to the token black guy in 80s horror movies. Lmao, so that formula was somewhat consistent.

Yeah, I think the innocent virgin/bad girl formula laid out in Scream wasn't totally accurate. Even in that movie itself, Sydney lost her virginity to her psycho killer boyfriend, but still came out on top at the end.

I feel like watching Scream movies now. I watched part 4 a few years ago and remember really liking it a lot, but I totally forgot what that movie was about. Lol
    Forgot about the minority angle. Good call.

Oh man, I've done that plenty of times. I don't even to like a movie's plot or acting or anything. Sometimes I just want something playing in the background with the right music or the right atmosphere or setting for my mood. I love watching the early part of the 30s version of a Christmas Carol for its old London setting which I like-gloomy, poor people dying in the streets, lack of electricity and modern comforts. Scrooge showing no pity on the poor at all and walking like a g. What's not to love?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      Forgot about the minority angle. Good call.

Oh man, I've done that plenty of times. I don't even to like a movie's plot or acting or anything. Sometimes I just want something playing in the background with the right music or the right atmosphere or setting for my mood. I love watching the early part of the 30s version of a Christmas Carol for its old London setting which I like-gloomy, poor people dying in the streets, lack of electricity and modern comforts. Scrooge showing no pity on the poor at all and walking like a g. What's not to love?

That's one thing I miss about having cable is that I can just have something in background and only pay slight attention to it. I always stream stuff or watch DVDs/Blu rays, so everything I watch has a purpose nowadays. But I watched so many movies, it's easy to forget.

There's something about black and white that I like, one reason why the Twilight Zone stood the test of time. I think if the show was in color, it wouldn't have the same creepy atmosphere.

Also one reason why I prefer the black and white original Night of the Living Dead over the remastered colored version. Interesting fact, that movie featured the first black lead role in Hollywood (one that wasn't a caricature or bad stereotype).

Of course he gets shot at end by a couple white guys, but they mistakened him for being a zombie so that was an accident, no racist.

Comment

That's one thing I miss about having cable is that I can just have something in background and only pay slight attention to it. I always stream stuff or watch DVDs/Blu rays, so everything I watch has a purpose nowadays. But I watched so many movies, it's easy to forget.

There's something about black and white that I like, one reason why the Twilight Zone stood the test of time. I think if the show was in color, it wouldn't have the same creepy atmosphere.

Also one reason why I prefer the black and white original Night of the Living Dead over the remastered colored version. Interesting fact, that movie featured the first black lead role in Hollywood (one that wasn't a caricature or bad stereotype).

Of course he gets shot at end by a couple white guys, but they mistakened him for being a zombie so that was an accident, no racist.
        Very cool NOLD fun fact there. Whitey wasn't trying to hold him down at least. Just one of those **** happens moments.

Yeah, I cut my cable too. Really love it. Don't have to listen to all those damn commercials anymore. Plus the savings have been significant.

I can go on YT and just let things play in the background. I even put on a vid of rain or a blizzard for sleep noise just to relax sometimes. Can work wonders for concentration since I don't have the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          i know there was a phantasm iv ''oblivion''....never saw it, doe
          There was also Phantasm 5: Ravager. Now that Angus Scrimm is dead, I doubt they do anymore.

Comment

Yeah the OG Children of the Corn was great. I lost track after the second one.

I can't remember the last Hellraiser I watched, but franchises like that remind me of the once great past prime boxers still fighting. Hellraiser is like the Roy Jones of horror.
            So is Puppet Master.

Comment

But she was Latina (at least her character was). So no matter how much of a good girl the character was, she had to get killed off. Equivalent to the token black guy in 80s horror movies. Lmao, so that formula was somewhat consistent.

Yeah, I think the innocent virgin/bad girl formula laid out in Scream wasn't totally accurate. Even in that movie itself, Sydney lost her virginity to her psycho killer boyfriend, but still came out on top at the end.

I feel like watching Scream movies now. I watched part 4 a few years ago and remember really liking it a lot, but I totally forgot what that movie was about. Lol
              Pretty much pokes fun at the meta humor the first movie helped make popular and takes about sequels and remakes. Best part was when Neve Campbell says at the end "Never f**k with the original."

Comment

Sid returns to Woodsboro to promote her book and things go about how you think they would. It’s pretty good overall.

Comment

I've not seen it, but I hear 'The Exorcist' 3 is underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    There was also Phantasm 5: Ravager. Now that Angus Scrimm is dead, I doubt they do anymore.
                    scrimm was phantasm. where he went, it went.

Comment

I'm not sure it classifies as horror, but "The devil's rejects" was an incredible sequel.

Comment

Working...
                      X