Collapse
No announcement yet.

water fasting, anyone tried it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I honestly didn't think human beings could survive 28 days on water alone.
    Sounds crazy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
      what religion do you follow if you dont mind me asking?
      Christianity

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        Actually the best idea because it improves his immunity. Every red blood cell he has will be destroyed and he gets a new set altogether, all the acids in his body are destroyed, all toxins are eliminated, he burns fat, blood vessels get cleansed and all those fat deposits are eliminated, diabetic people have been known to get healed through fasting so the benefits are out of this world.

But you will get drained for not getting any energy,

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          As someone that double majored in nutrition and exercise science, I hope this fad dies a miserable lonely and quick death. THe only fasting I would even approve of is intermittent fasting.
          What a baby degree you have there.

I majored in Art

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
            hey peeps im starting water fasting today,
            was wondering if anyone else has tried it?
            have fun dying. LMAOOOOO

Comment

lmao. It has been proven over and over and over and over again, the only way to lose weight and keep it off, is by changing one's lifestyle. If you like to eat, and never move around, you get fat. There are all kinds of ways to lose weight fast. The most effective is speed. Any kind of speed. All speed is appetite depressants. Cocaine, caffeine, meth, Adderall, any prescription weight loss pill. Whatever. Save up some cash and go on a coke binger for a week. A couple sandwiches is all you'll need to eat the whole week.

If you just drink water, you will still be hungry and you will hurt all over. If you do a high-powered stimulant, you will feel great, and not be hungry. Either way, it will get some pounds off for a week or two, and is terribly unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                I still wouldn't do something so extreme.
                Fasting has been around for centuries and at one point doctors just used to prescribe fasting to treat everything. Once many people understand it they just embrace it. Truth is, if people actually fasted we wouldn't be having most of the diseases we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  But you will get drained for not getting any energy,
                  You do have energy, just a different form of delivery as you start getting energy from fat. It's just a little inconvenience but also remember you will only be doing this for a couple of days. I can't do water fasting though, only dry fasting where I take nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    As someone that double majored in nutrition and exercise science, I hope this fad dies a miserable lonely and quick death. THe only fasting I would even approve of is intermittent fasting.
                    It's been around for centuries, it works so I doubt it will pass away. If anything most churches will always fast. It's mostly in the USA that most churches can't stand fasting but everywhere else most churches start the year by doing 10 or 15 days of fasting. They might not all do 24hrs a day but still fasting they do, most have a weekly day of fasting etc. It just happens that people don't talk about it when they fast but when you go to work most likely there are people fasting at that work place.

Comment

Fasting has been around since the dawn of man. Think about it. Back in the early days we weren't stuffing our faces with regular meals. We had to work for our food and went long periods of time without food and were fine. What killed people back in those days were the diseases and illnesses that are eradicated today, not the lack of food.

Fasting has been shown to increase longevity, promote weight loss, gives your digestive system a much needed break, and after a certain point, cells start to recycle/cleanse themselves, almost as if your body starts a reboot process.

Of course, this isn't without health risks. Over doing it definitely has it's consequences.

Comment

Working...
                      X