Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
    well i just ate because i was starving so i failed lol

at least im doing IF
    Lol that's just your body playing tricks on you. Usually if you are used to eating at a certain time your body gets ready for food hence the feeling. Just hold it off, that feeling will be gone within 15 minutes though it's usually 5 minutes. After missing a few meals your body stops looking for food from outside and starts dealing with what is in the reserves which takes about 3 days to exhaust. After the 3 days you get into ketosis and thats when fat burning starts. The average person can go 40 days without food but some have gone to 78 and 90 days.

Comment

I saw this video on YouTube where some fat guy did this for 55 days. He gained back all the weight he lost and wrecked his metabolism.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        I saw this video on YouTube where some fat guy did this for 55 days. He gained back all the weight he lost and wrecked his metabolism.
        That's because he went back to doing what he used to do. The first problem starts with how you break your fast. You need more fruit and juice in your first few days which becomes the extension of your fast. Afterwards you just start eating well and exercising and you will be well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
          That's because he went back to doing what he used to do. The first problem starts with how you break your fast. You need more fruit and juice in your first few days which becomes the extension of your fast. Afterwards you just start eating well and exercising and you will be well.
          I still wouldn't do something so extreme.

Comment

Bunch of pvssy ass nukkas worrying about yall waistelines. Im wif Beer, gice the focking cheese burger u queers

Comment

Stop being a beta fat boy and start going to the gym

Comment

There is a fair bit of evidence that IF is beneficial. It has been proven to increase human growth hormone levels and reduce insulin resistance for example.

There's a lot of other claims that are a bit more sketchy, you'll lose weight quickly but most of that will be from using up your glycogen stores and losing the water that binds to them.

Interestingly studies have shown that hunger is habitual and not based on blood sugars or anything like that.

eg. people who never eat breakfast don't get hungry in the morning despite not having eaten for hours. Also its been found that when you get hungry (which happens at a time you expect to be eating) that hunger will pass regardless of whether you eat or not.

I actually did IF by accident all through High school as I never had time for breakfasts i was always getting up late and wouldn't eat the crappy lunch i got given so didn't eat til after school most days, so i was doing an 18 hour fast most days then eating heaps in 6 hours and i went from one of the smallest kids in year 7 to being 6"3 and 95kgs by year 10. Probably just testosterone and a coincidence but you never know.
                Last edited by Furn; 03-21-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I do 5-2/6-1 Intermittent Fasting if I can do it. I find just reducing my calorie intake a couple of days the easiest. The most natural way to fast is when you're not worrying about fasting all the time. Once you get used to the feeling of being hungry and ignore it, it get's easier to fast. Short term fasting is not really a life changer, doing it as a lifestyle is.

Comment

As someone that double majored in nutrition and exercise science, I hope this fad dies a miserable lonely and quick death. THe only fasting I would even approve of is intermittent fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      As someone that double majored in nutrition and exercise science, I hope this fad dies a miserable lonely and quick death. THe only fasting I would even approve of is intermittent fasting.
                      i bet your a young jumped up punk that thinks he knows it all just cuz he has a few grades

Comment

Working...
                      X