Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overwhelmingly White Populated States Vote Blue, Overwhelmingly Black States Vote Red

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
    Look up gerrymandering and find the answers you seek.
    Greent

End thread

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Someones good ideas in that centrist party would be a lot of people bad ideas, and someones bad ideas would be others good ideas.

We start a centrist party, and one person proclaims ok in this centrist party we will merge Left and Right! Lets start by banning all guns, but making abortion illegal. How would that work out?
      Maybe we nominate candidates who aren't affiliated with a specific political party. I sick to death of the partisan politics where participants engage in a zero sum game - "my team wins, your team loses." Also, the excessive bias towards your own party members.

In other words, if my guy (or girl or nongender specific person) does something that is discreditable, that person should elicit as much criticism and condemnation, had it been from someone on the other team.

An example of this would be, if Hillary was president and she engaged in election meddling with Russian operatives, as Trump Jr. did, she would be crucified by republicans and those on the right. However, Trump does it, he gets a pass. Thats partisan politics and that's what's so ****ed up with our system.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        More like over whelmingly, states that fought to keep black people as slaves, are still racist.
        Yeah it’s more this.

Comment

20-30% of the total population of a state is not an "overwhelming" percentage of a state or of any other percentage. Those figures are a minority out of any 100% of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Maybe we nominate candidates who aren't affiliated with a specific political party. I sick to death of the partisan politics where participants engage in a zero sum game - "my team wins, your team loses." Also, the excessive bias towards your own party members.

In other words, if my guy (or girl or nongender specific person) does something that is discreditable, that person should elicit as much criticism and condemnation, had it been from someone on the other team.

An example of this would be, if Hillary was president and she engaged in election meddling with Russian operatives, as Trump Jr. did, she would be crucified by republicans and those on the right. However, Trump does it, he gets a pass. Thats partisan politics and that's what's so ****ed up with our system.
            Good luck attempting to use logic & rational thought on D's & R's. Those mfers are immune to that sh^t. No need for logic & rational thought when all your opinions & stances are decided for you. Plus its just easier when no one on your side is EVER wrong unless they get convicted in the legal system & even then sometimes they don't flip on a criminal level bad egg their loyalty is so true.

Randomly if I was a pimp D & R girls would probably make great hoes cuz their loyalty is so strong to their side. So once you get them on your side they'd all be your bottom b^tch with the quickness cuz they are guzzling the kool aid not just drinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Good luck attempting to use logic & rational thought on D's & R's. Those mfers are immune to that sh^t. No need for logic & rational thought when all your opinions & stances are decided for you. Plus its just easier when no one on your side is EVER wrong unless they get convicted in the legal system & even then sometimes they don't flip on a criminal level bad egg their loyalty is so true.

Randomly if I was a pimp D & R girls would probably make great hoes cuz their loyalty is so strong to their side. So once you get them on your side they'd all be your bottom b^tch with the quickness cuz they are guzzling the kool aid not just drinking it.
              Politicians are partisan because the districts have been redrawn so unfairly, mostly by Republican state legislatures. That isn't to say Dems aren't partisan as well.

Republicans aren't worried about Democratic challengers, they are worried about challenges from those who are further "right" than they are. So they adopt these hard line, rigid positions for fear of losing.

This has led to Dems doing the same thing in states they control, drawing districts that are all blue. Thus, the challenge isn't from a centrist republican but a much more rigid liberal from the left you is the same type of ideologue as the far right crazies.

The answer is to have districts drawn based on common sense geography rather than the disgraceful way they are drawn now.

This should result in more "purple" districts, rather than red or blue, which will reduce the hard liners that get elected in districts that are 85% one party.

Comment

A candidate not affiliated with a political party does not mean that he is better than a candidate that is.

What if a certain party completely represents my ideals, and therefore a candidate running for office is affiliated with said party, should I then still not vote for him just because hes part of a party?

Point is, parties are started because a bunch of people with like minded ideas gather together to run the country. What you are advocating for is the hipster approach to politics. You, Eff Pandas, and some others who think they're "above" partisan politics will gather together with your own particular ideas and out of that union somehow a new identity, ie party will form which will be associated exactly with people who think like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Politicians are partisan because the districts have been redrawn so unfairly, mostly by Republican state legislatures. That isn't to say Dems aren't partisan as well.

Republicans aren't worried about Democratic challengers, they are worried about challenges from those who are further "right" than they are. So they adopt these hard line, rigid positions for fear of losing.

This has led to Dems doing the same thing in states they control, drawing districts that are all blue. Thus, the challenge isn't from a centrist republican but a much more rigid liberal from the left you is the same type of ideologue as the far right crazies.

The answer is to have districts drawn based on common sense geography rather than the disgraceful way they are drawn now.

This should result in more "purple" districts, rather than red or blue, which will reduce the hard liners that get elected in districts that are 85% one party.
                  You actually might be on to something. How many times in your life have you voted Republican?

Comment

You actually might be on to something. How many times in your life have you voted Republican?
                    Plenty, and all while being a registered Democrat.

I voted for Bush Sr. over Dukakis. I have supported Jack Kemp and Colin Powell for President. I volunteered for Republican candidates while in college and graduate school.

Comment

A candidate not affiliated with a political party does not mean that he is better than a candidate that is.

What if a certain party completely represents my ideals, and therefore a candidate running for office is affiliated with said party, should I then still not vote for him just because hes part of a party?

Point is, parties are started because a bunch of people with like minded ideas gather together to run the country. What you are advocating for is the hipster approach to politics. You, Eff Pandas, and some others who think they're "above" partisan politics will gather together with your own particular ideas and out of that union somehow a new identity, ie party will form which will be associated exactly with people who think like yourself.
                      Spot on, Jim. When I ask them what they want they can't give you a clear answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X