No announcement yet.

Black Panther Vs Batman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
    I hope they're not stupid enough to do that.

It's bad enough a lot of the side characters are getting blackwashed or gender swapped, but swapping a major character would be doom for a franchise.

Have you seen the trailer for Netflix's new Lost in Space show? They gender swapped Dr. Smith, now played by Parker Posey and blackwashed Judy Robinson. That's right, two white parents somehow have a black kid.

Just nonsense.
    Two white parents with a black kid. ADOPTION!! Which is very common since Brad and Angelina adopted the African baby.

So yeah maybe they thought by doing this they might expand their audience. If they don't deviate from the story, why does it matter to you the color of the characters?

Do you ever take a second to think? Everything with you is some bigoted rant or race related fit whenever there is outreach to the black community.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-23-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Two white parents with a black kid. ADOPTION!! Which is very common since Brad and Angelina adopted the African baby.

Do you ever take a second to think or do you immediately go into a bigoted hissy fit?
      The adoption excuse Right, because having an all white cast nowadays is bad. People like you would be rioting on the streets calling for equality and "diversity". Of course I thought about it you moron. I thought now they're going to have to have a back story for her on why she's black, rather than just leaving her white.

And what parts of my posts were bigoted?

Comment

The adoption excuse Right, because having an all white cast nowadays is bad. People like you would be rioting on the streets calling for equality and "diversity". Of course I thought about it you moron. I thought now they're going to have to have a back story for her on why she's black, rather than just leaving her white.

And what parts of my posts were bigoted?
        Stop with the race based BS speculation. Just because you are a bigot doesn't mean everyone is.

Why do they need a back story on why she is black? Adults with common sense would think adoption. Inbreds, racists, bigots and those lacking common sense think-why da kid black doe! Most probably don't even care the kid is black. Just people like you.

If the story is the same, why does it matter to you what the complexion of the cast is? you didn't answer that.

Your mindset is bigoted. You see it as "blackwashing". The original Lost in Space was 1959 or 60. They weren't casting people of color.

When they remake it in 2018, common sense dictates they have more non whites reading for the roles. The casting director position is not just white men so they likely are looking at a wider range of actors for these positions. Netflix as a company wants to maximize exposure for the project-diversifying the cast gives themm a better chance to meet that objective.

Like I asked, do you ever think about things?

Comment

Stop with the race based BS speculation. Just because you are a bigot doesn't mean everyone is.

Why do they need a back story on why she is black? Adults with common sense would think adoption. Inbreds, racists, bigots and those lacking common sense think-why da kid black doe!

If the story is the same, why does it matter to you what the complexion of the cast is? you didn't answer that.

Your mindset is bigoted. You see it as "blackwashing". The original Lost in Space was 1959 or 60. They weren't casting people of color.

When they remake it in 2018, common sense dictates they have more non whites reading for the roles. The casting director position is not just white men so they likely are looking at a wider range of actors for these positions. Netflix as a company wants to maximize exposure for the project-diversifying the cast gives themm a better chance to meet that objective.

Like I asked, do you ever think about things?
          Now who's being the bigot?!

When they remake it in 2018, the mindset is, "lets blackwash a character to appease the dindus that will be crying for diversity"

That's all it is. Every remake, reboot show, movie, etc nowadays has to have the blackwashed character because of fear of backlash. God forbid they should whitewash a character.

Look at Dr. Strange, The Anienct One was whitewashed, everyone complained, Baron Mordo, an a Transylvanian character, was black washed, nobody batted an eye for fear of backlash.

In the Thor movies, Valkyrie and Heimdall were blackwashed, when people complained, the excuse was "but they were space beings, not from earth."

Gods of Egypt, you people complained "we wuz Kangs n'shieet" "why dey not black n'sheieet" Even thought the "Gods" they were complaining about were also space beings, not from earth.

Star Trek came out in 1966, the same time as Lost in Space, Uhura was a major fictional sci-fi character, the Batman '66 series had Eartha Kitt as Catwoman. So don't give me this shit about nobody casting you people back then.

And by adding black characters to a project means more viewers? So you're saying black people won't watch a show unless there are black people in it? Rather than the quality of said show? Pretty small minded of you.
          Last edited by Death_Adder; 02-23-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Now who's being the bigot?!

When they remake it in 2018, the mindset is, "lets blackwash a character to appease the dindus that will be crying for diversity"

That's all it is. Every remake, reboot show, movie, etc nowadays has to have the blackwashed character because of fear of backlash. God forbid they should whitewash a character.

Look at Dr. Strange, The Anienct One was whitewashed, everyone complained, Baron Mordo, an a Transylvanian character, was black washed, nobody batted an eye for fear of backlash.

In the Thor movies, Valkyrie and Heimdall were blackwashed, when people complained, the excuse was "but they were space beings, not from earth."

Gods of Egypt, you people complained "we wuz Kangs n'shieet" "why dey not black n'sheieet" Even thought the "Gods" they were complaining about were also space beings, not from earth.

Star Trek came out in 1966, the same time as Lost in Space, Uhura was a major fictional sci-fi character, the Batman '66 series had Eartha Kitt as Catwoman. So don't give me this shit about nobody casting you people back then.

And by adding black characters to a project means more viewers? So you're saying black people won't watch a show unless there are black people in it? Rather than the quality of said show? Pretty small minded of you.
            LMFAO! Pointing out the type of people that would comment on the color of the child in the show isn't being a bigot.

If you think social justice is driving this and not money than you truly are stupid.

Characters have historically been whitewashed so they would sell more to audiences. Go all the way back to Cleopatra 1963-Liz Taylor, richard Burton etc. You think people in Africa looked like Elizabeth Taylor? Come on Adder.

I was unaware of the complaints about Dr strange, Thor or Gods of Egypt. Perhaps among your social set there was complaints but that is likely because you surround yourself with people that share your warped mindset.

You can name 2 black supporting roles 6 years after Lost in Space and that somehow disproves my point that people of color were not getting cast in certain roles during the time period. My god you truly are ignorant.

Adding diverse characters helps expand the audience, which helps increase the profit the movie makes. It's a financial issue, not a racial/social justice issue. Can't you grasp that?

I am saying that if you are a movie executive and you are remaking a movie/TV show that is 40 years old or older, you are going to take steps to make the project as profitable as possible. One of those things is marketing to a wider audience.

If the role isn't historical fact and can be played by anyone then executives will look to diversify so they can market it to a wider audience so they can increase the profit margin.

The original Lost in Space cast wasn't white because it was real life, they were all white because thats who Hollywood was giving the jobs to. In 2018 that isn't the case. So when they make the project common sense dictates the cast will be more diverse.

It's pathetic that you can't grasp this very simple comment and instead look at it as black people taking something from someone else.

Comment

LMFAO! Pointing out the type of people that would comment on the color of the child in the show isn't being a bigot.

If you think social justice is driving this and not money than you truly are stupid.

Characters have historically been whitewashed so they would sell more to audiences. Go all the way back to Cleopatra 1963-Liz Taylor, richard Burton etc. You think people in Africa looked like Elizabeth Taylor? Come on Adder.

I was unaware of the complaints about Dr strange, Thor or Gods of Egypt. Perhaps among your social set there was complaints but that is likely because you surround yourself with people that share your warped mindset.

You can name 2 black supporting roles 6 years after Lost in Space and that somehow disproves my point that people of color were not getting cast in certain roles during the time period. My god you truly are ignorant.

Adding diverse characters helps expand the audience, which helps increase the profit the movie makes. It's a financial issue, not a racial/social justice issue. Can't you grasp that?

I am saying that if you are a movie executive and you are remaking a movie/TV show that is 40 years old or older, you are going to take steps to make the project as profitable as possible. One of those things is marketing to a wider audience.

If the role isn't historical fact and can be played by anyone then executives will look to diversify so they can market it to a wider audience so they can increase the profit margin.

The original Lost in Space cast wasn't white because it was real life, they were all white because thats who Hollywood was giving the jobs to. In 2018 that isn't the case. So when they make the project common sense dictates the cast will be more diverse.

It's pathetic that you can't grasp this very simple comment and instead look at it as black people taking something from someone else.

It's both, social justice = money, in some cases. Comics, it failed. But in movies, tv shows you pretty much admitted black people won't watch an all white cast or a movie/tv show without there being black people. Studio execs know this, hence the black washing. Like I said, you and your people have a very narrow view on things.

You didn't have to be part of a certain set to hear about the complaints. The yahoo news, twitter, etc, you'd see articles or people complaining.

Lost in Space first aired in 1965. Stop acting like no blacks were given acting roles in that time. I mentioned Uhura and Eartha's Catwoman, because they were the two most prominent sci-fi roles and they were black. Black actors getting roles back then, stop acting like white were blackfacing themselves.

Comment

It's both, social justice = money, in some cases. Comics, it failed. But in movies, tv shows you pretty much admitted black people won't watch an all white cast or a movie/tv show without there being black people. Studio execs know this, hence the black washing. Like I said, you and your people have a very narrow view on things.

You didn't have to be part of a certain set to hear about the complaints. The yahoo news, twitter, etc, you'd see articles or people complaining.

Lost in Space first aired in 1965. Stop acting like no blacks were given acting roles in that time. I mentioned Uhura and Eartha's Catwoman, because they were the two most prominent sci-fi roles and they were black. Black actors getting roles back then, stop acting like white were blackfacing themselves.
                I admitted no such thing. Black people watch shows like that all the time, its not really a big deal. Your issue seems to be that executives are catering toward people of color to increase profit.

Why does that bother you?.

If the movie was about a real life person they wouldn't make them black if they weren't. You are up in arms over race neutral original characters being recast like the movie is making Ronald Reagan or George Washington black. That would be blackwashing and that isn't happening.

I am not acting like no black actors were given roles. That is just you taking my point to the extreme and trying to argue it back because you know my point is correct. So instead of addressing the point, you address something else. Typical.

The characters in Lost in Space were not real. They are FICTIONAL! !Hence they can be any color or gender. You are treating it as if they were real people and the executives are now changing them and making them black to appease social justice standards. That is as idiotic as it is bigoted.

They are diversifying fictional characters so they can market the project in as many places as possible so they can maximize profit.

It's purely financial. If you took time to think about it you'd realize this. Then again your warped mind probably can't analyze things beyond-why da new charterer black doe!

Comment

I admitted no such thing. Black people watch shows like that all the time, its not really a big deal. Your issue seems to be that executives are catering toward people of color to increase profit.

Why does that bother you?.

If the movie was about a real life person they wouldn't make them black if they weren't. You are up in arms over race neutral original characters being recast like the movie is making Ronald Reagan or George Washington black. That would be blackwashing and that isn't happening.

I am not acting like no black actors were given roles. That is just you taking my point to the extreme and trying to argue it back because you know my point is correct. So instead of addressing the point, you address something else. Typical.

The characters in Lost in Space were not real. They are FICTIONAL! !Hence they can be any color or gender. You are treating it as if they were real people and the executives are now changing them and making them black to appease social justice standards. That is as idiotic as it is bigoted.

They are diversifying fictional characters so they can market the project in as many places as possible so they can maximize profit.

It's purely financial. If you took time to think about it you'd realize this. Then again your warped mind probably can't analyze things beyond-why da new charterer black doe!
                  You didn't admit it?

TRANSLATION: Black people won't watch an all white show. Studio execs know this. Hence the blackwashing that goes on.

If it wasn't a big deal why are there complaints about the lack of diversity, or lack of blacks in movies or tv shows?

People complaining there were no blacks in Dunkirk, a real life historical event. A movie set in WWII France with people from Germany, France and Britain. Yet you have complaining no diversity, code word for no blacks.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ion/482574001/

The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way.
                  People complained about Mrs Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, about there not being black people. A fantasy movie, yes, but one that was set in Wales during WWII.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...st-not-8971193

You have John Boyega calling out Game of Thrones for lack of diversity (guess he forgot about Misandei and Grey Worm). Yes I know it's fantasy, but fantasy set in Medieval times.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/john-boy...ack-diversity/

I guarantee you, if Titanic was made today, it would've gotten slammed for lack of diversity, code word for no blacks, or one of the characters in there would've been blackwashed.

Comment

batman is loved by blacks and whites a like

while black panther is going political

but if its a real fight i would side with black panther
                    vibranium claws will be too much for batman to handle

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Batman hands down. Batman is a lot like Floyd Mayweather...finds out your strength to minimize it and exploits found weaknesses. Batman 10 times out of 10.

via GIPHY

Comment

Working...
                      X