Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the people that have seen the movie black panther....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    1. Coogler has in fact already said he just wanted to make a good movie.

2. Ive already explained to you why Black Panther has politics in it.

At this point it sounds like you want to keep your head in the sand.
    I’ll try and find the quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      your point is any good review is only because the hero is black. So no review is positive based on the merits?

You politicized the movie before it came out then you blame the media for politicizing it when the only people politicizing it are fake victimhood whites and conservative media outlets.

How can you possibly fairly judge a movie with that mindset going in?

Funny how that works.

Racists are fighting this movie on two fronts.

First, they start online campaigns encouraging people to open new email accounts to downvote the movie on IMDB. As you can see a bunch of people who havent even seen the movie yet gave it a 1 rating.

Second, they tell everyone that people who liked the movie is only saying so to fit into a media narrative. Apparently oblivious to the fact they are themselves pushing their own racist narrative. The movie cant possibly be good, for whatever reason.

It is what it is at this point.

Comment

• Obviously, we’re all aware of what’s going on in our country,” says Joe Robert Cole, who co-wrote the “Black Panther” screenplay with Coogler after participating in Marvel’s in-house writers program. “But I think if you ask many black people, they’ll say that things haven’t changed nearly as much as folks may think. There may be a broader awareness of some of the conditions, but I don’t really think that there’s been some dramatic shift. For all of us working on the project, we just kept our heads down and tried to pour our hearts into the work.”

And yet, those real-world elements can be hard to ignore when putting pen to paper, says Evan Narcisse, co-writer of “Rise of Black Panther” for Marvel Comics. “The coarsening of the American political discourse is going hand in hand with legislation and rhetoric designed to destabilize and disenfranchise black people and other populations,” he maintains. “What Wakanda says is ‘No, we won’t let this happen.’ What T’Challa says is that they can kill our family, but we still have strength, tradition, ingenuity and cunning to survive and better I ourselves and the world.”

So it looks like it was from the MAIN writers who are talking about this stuff. At one point in the movie, they poke politically at the border talk. I’m actually looking and am quite relieved it’s not Coogler who said this stuff.. at least I can’t seem to find what I originally thought I saw. I thought he did a great job with Creed.

Comment

• Please, Mr. Cole... tell me what the **** is going on in this country? I am so sick of all of you ******* complaining about ****.

What’s going on in this country, is single mother hood is at an all time high and continues to climb, and climb and climb. Lessons are not being taught, there is no discipline or respect, and when these dumb **** kids enter the world, they’re not equipped to handle it.

THATS WHATS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Obviously, we’re all aware of what’s going on in our country,” says Joe Robert Cole, who co-wrote the “Black Panther” screenplay with Coogler after participating in Marvel’s in-house writers program. “But I think if you ask many black people, they’ll say that things haven’t changed nearly as much as folks may think. There may be a broader awareness of some of the conditions, but I don’t really think that there’s been some dramatic shift. For all of us working on the project, we just kept our heads down and tried to pour our hearts into the work.”

And yet, those real-world elements can be hard to ignore when putting pen to paper, says Evan Narcisse, co-writer of “Rise of Black Panther” for Marvel Comics. “The coarsening of the American political discourse is going hand in hand with legislation and rhetoric designed to destabilize and disenfranchise black people and other populations,” he maintains. “What Wakanda says is ‘No, we won’t let this happen.’ What T’Challa says is that they can kill our family, but we still have strength, tradition, ingenuity and cunning to survive and better I ourselves and the world.”

So it looks like it was from the MAIN writers who are talking about this stuff. At one point in the movie, they poke politically at the border talk. I’m actually looking and am quite relieved it’s not Coogler who said this stuff.. at least I can’t seem to find what I originally thought I saw. I thought he did a great job with Creed.
            Trust me when I tell you, if you watch the movie, you will find that its not about left vs right divisive politics. Wakanda has its own specific political dilemma and thats what the movie is about.

Comment

• I prefer to watch a LOTR trilogy! No blacks on the cast unless you count the orcs

Comment

Trust me when I tell you, if you watch the movie, you will find that its not about left vs right divisive politics. Wakanda has its own specific political dilemma and thats what the movie is about.
                Yea, well I hope so. I doubt I’ll see it unless there isn’t much CGI in it. I can’t stand that ****. Some movies do a great job of utilizing it, but nowadays it just seems like they’re all so lazy.

The 1st Avengers was real good. But one was on TV recently and it just looked so fake.

Comment

Funny how that works.

Racists are fighting this movie on two fronts.

First, they start online campaigns encouraging people to open new email accounts to downvote the movie on IMDB. As you can see a bunch of people who havent even seen the movie yet gave it a 1 rating.

Second, they tell everyone that people who liked the movie is only saying so to fit into a media narrative. Apparently oblivious to the fact they are themselves pushing their own racist narrative. The movie cant possibly be good, for whatever reason.

It is what it is at this point.
                  Yeah. It's really sad how this is playing out.

But that is the new normal.

Comment

Yea, well I hope so. I doubt I’ll see it unless there isn’t much CGI in it. I can’t stand that ****. Some movies do a great job of utilizing it, but nowadays it just seems like they’re all so lazy.

The 1st Avengers was real good. But one was on TV recently and it just looked so fake.
                    There is going to be some CGI for sure, but how much of it I dont know. The critics havent complained about it from what Im seeing. I think you should go watch because this is the kind of movie that you will want to have your own opinion of it.

Comment

Obviously, we’re all aware of what’s going on in our country,” says Joe Robert Cole, who co-wrote the “Black Panther” screenplay with Coogler after participating in Marvel’s in-house writers program. “But I think if you ask many black people, they’ll say that things haven’t changed nearly as much as folks may think. There may be a broader awareness of some of the conditions, but I don’t really think that there’s been some dramatic shift. For all of us working on the project, we just kept our heads down and tried to pour our hearts into the work.”

When the character was introduced in Civil War and was said to be getting his own movie, everyone said, based on what happened in Civil War, the story line for BP has to be a political one. If you followed Civil War it makes sense, considering that he wasn't the "King" at the time. He was going back thinking the road will be paved for him, only to find out there is contention for the throne. Based on how the King is selected in Wakanda, there had to have been a contention for throne, with different ruling parties/tribes. The aspired King would have to fight the incumbent for the throne based on the comics.

I have not seen the movie, so i am not sure what the political aspect of it is, however, i have my suspicion that is what Michael B. Jordan's character, Killmonger, is doing---challenging for the throne. I am also sure they will spin it to fit today's political climate, with a different political/racial view-- one being African and the other African American.

Comment

Working...
                      X