Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    So you got a tax return last year?
    Yeah, didn't you? Do you do a 1080, and send in your own taxes?

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    If you're getting any type of tax return you aren't paying **** to even be relevant in this conversation & this tax cut won't benefit you at all. If you're middle class you can expect to pay more.
    Everyone who doesn't file a 1080 gets a tax return. Every business owner technically works off a 1080, because they report their own taxes and submit them. Their employees usually get a W2 and their paychecks are deducted each month. That doesn't mean that employees getting taxed each week on their paychecks aren't making 100K+. Doctors, Engineers, Psychiatrists, Principals, and any other high paying position usually get their taxes taken out the check, and then they have their accountant work magic and attempt to recoup some of that money every April when they get their tax return, a lot of these folks make up the middle class.
    Last edited by JimRaynor; 10-03-2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Cut it.

You're now arguing minutiae in circles in an attempt to deny documented data and facts.

That's actually a fact. One I assumed until I ran into you was common knowledge.

Do I really need to source national debt figures by year for you? Really???
      You continue to refuse to point to any sizable bill that was signed into law that added substantially to the debt, yet willfully ignore the fact that most of the recent national debt came as a result of the unfunded initiatives brought into law by President Bush and the Congresses that he served with.

Keep dancing around if you want, but folks see through you already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        You continue to refuse to point to any sizable bill that was signed into law that added substantially to the debt, yet willfully ignore the fact that most of the recent national debt came as a result of the unfunded initiatives brought into law by President Bush and the Congresses that he served with.

Keep dancing around if you want, but folks see through you already.
        I've told you 3 times now, I'm not getting dragged into minutiae.

All Presidents are responsible for debt accrued on their watch. That's a given. It's how it works. We need to move on now and cut the nonsense.

Now please, answer the question I've posed to you.
        I asked it long before this rigamarole, yet it's still on the table.....

If you need it repeated a third time, just ask.

Comment

• Blaming Bush for all 8 years of Obama's spending!!!!

Wow. That's the most pathetic example of 'blame Bush' I've seen yet. And I saw ALOT of it.....

Comment

• Consumption tax makes all these debates go away, but then people could'nt *****, I suppose lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              The top 20% of income earners pay 84% of all income taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-...tax-1428674384

Just how exactly are the rich benefiting from paying 84% in income tax? Or how am I subsidizing them?

A guy like Trump paid what was it 25 million in income taxes in 2005 or 2006. 25 million in a year is 100 more times more in a lifetime that I or anyone else on this board will probably pay.
              The tax money used to fund welfare goes right back into the bank accounts of the wealthiest Americans that own the corporations that make the food and goods poor buy with their welfare.

While I understand you don't want to pay for people that are not working, lets not pretend the poor take this money and save it and build some massive empire off of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Consumption tax makes all these debates go away, but then people could'nt *****, I suppose lol.
                I agree with this

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The tax money used to fund welfare goes right back into the bank accounts of the wealthiest Americans that own the corporations that make the food and goods poor buy with their welfare.

While I understand you don't want to pay for people that are not working, lets not pretend the poor take this money and save it and build some massive empire off of it.
                  Wealthiest Americans own the corporations???

Do you not have a 401k or IRA.

Nearly every productive person in America has retirement money in ownership of stocks. It's just not the wealthy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Nearly every productive person in America has retirement money in ownership of stocks. It's just not the wealthy
                    Yup.

He'll never grasp that though, as that fact doesn't fit his false narrative.

He prefers convenient political talking points to facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Wealthiest Americans own the corporations???

Do you not have a 401k or IRA.

Maybe, I wasn't clear with my point but I think you get what I am saying. The small% of stock you or I own is different from the large amount of preferred stock the very wealthy that created these large companies own.
                      Hence, they benefit more.

How do you know where people's money is? You don't, so even though 1bad65 is sucking your ****, please, as he says, no conjecture.

I will try to be more careful in my wording.

Comment

Working...
                      X