No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    I asked you the same question. How much was the check you wrote to the IRS last April?
    I explained why that is moot. You're just too stupid to get it, or you're getting it and being obtuse.

Just because you can't grasp the basics on how we are taxed isn't my problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      So your argument is that Barack Obama was solely responsible for the Bush tax cuts, the unpaid Medicare Part D, the alleged $5T that's been spent on war fighting since 9/11, and a host of other bull**** that was already baked into the cake before he even showed up? gtfoh.
      No, I said nothing of the sort.

Watch those strawmen. This isn't your first strawman argument, but please, make it the last.

Try again, this time without fallacy.

Will you be answering my questions you've ducked anytime soon? I'll be happy to repeat them if you need them repeated. This one-way conversation won't do. Sooner or later you have to address my points/questions, not just keep attacking the strawmen you build up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        No, I said nothing of the sort.

Watch those strawmen. This isn't your first strawman argument, but please, make it the last.

Try again, this time without fallacy.

Will you be answering my questions you've ducked anytime soon? I'll be happy to repeat them if you need them repeated. This one-way conversation won't do. Sooner or later you have to address my points/questions, not just keep attacking the strawmen you build up.
        Muddle huddle won't work.

You opened your mouth with bull**** about how Barack Obama added there most to the debt of any president, yet can't actually point to anything that he signed into law that would lead to such a conclusion.

Every time you are faced with a verifiable point that makes you look stupid, you cry strawman and hope that that is enough.

Keep dancing if you want: you still can't point to anything that Obama did to be responsible for the most debt by a president in recent history. And that's not going to change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Muddle huddle won't work.
          Cut it.

You're now arguing minutiae in circles in an attempt to deny documented data and facts.

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          You opened your mouth with bull**** about how Barack Obama added there most to the debt of any president,
          That's actually a fact. One I assumed until I ran into you was common knowledge.

Do I really need to source national debt figures by year for you? Really???

Comment

I explained why that is moot. You're just too stupid to get it, or you're getting it and being obtuse.

Just because you can't grasp the basics on how we are taxed isn't my problem.
            Its not moot. Do you pay the federal govt income taxes or do you get an income tax return? How much was the check you wrote them last year (if you owed). Or how much was your tax return?

Comment

• Let's cut the ducking on your end and start tackling questions asked of you.

First one:

Bill Clinton cut taxes. His Capital Gains tax cuts were tax cuts for the rich. A few years later we get the claimed surplus.

Can you explain how Clinton's tax cut resulted in a claimed surplus, but Bush's tax cuts crashed the economy?

Comment

Its not moot. Do you pay the federal govt income taxes or do you get an income tax return? How much was the check you wrote them last year (if you owed). Or how much was your tax return?
                You can do both you gruber!!!!

If you overpay over the year via Federal withholding, you get a refund check. YOU STILL PAID TAXES THOUGH.

Jesus, what's so hard for you to grasp here??

Comment

You can do both you gruber!!!!

If you overpay over the year via Federal withholding, you get a refund check. YOU STILL PAID TAXES THOUGH.

Jesus, what's so hard for you to grasp here??

If you're getting any type of tax return you aren't paying **** to even be relevant in this conversation & this tax cut won't benefit you at all. If you're middle class you can expect to pay more.

Comment

If you're getting any type of tax return you aren't paying **** to even be relevant in this conversation & this tax cut won't benefit you at all. If you're middle class you can expect to pay more.
                    My God are you stupid.

Let me TRY and fix it.

You get paid monthly. The Government takes out $1,000 per check in taxes. At the end of the year they send you a refund check for $2500.

Did you pay taxes that year?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Is that really where your tax money is going? Or is it going to subsidize the rich?

I'm surprised you don't see it. The housing, food and healthcare you pay for benefits the rich far more than the poor. The poor don't save the money, don't own section 8 housing, nor do they get the money for healthcare in their pockets.

Come on, Jim. It's not where the money starts but where it ends that matters.
                      The top 20% of income earners pay 84% of all income taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-...tax-1428674384

Just how exactly are the rich benefiting from paying 84% in income tax? Or how am I subsidizing them?

A guy like Trump paid what was it 25 million in income taxes in 2005 or 2006. 25 million in a year is 100 more times more in a lifetime that I or anyone else on this board will probably pay.

Comment

Working...
                      X