No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    "Tax cuts" is an easy, throwaway line to feed to people who are too economically illiterate to know what the Laffer curve is.

It only serves rich people, and does so at the expense of the country. People who obsess about tax cuts are traitors.
    Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Puerto Rico got rid of their corporate tax breaks in 2006..

This helped them correct?
    Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    How is that relevant in any way to what I was talking about?

Please keep on topic. Jumping on random tangents just to beat some obsessive political drum makes for worthless posts.
    Go read up on the Laffer curve, my economically illiterate friend.

Then re-read what I posted, so that you can try to comprehend what I was saying.

If you can't comprehend what I wrote, then just fuck off. I'm not interested in your obsessive political bullshit or your attempts to drag my posts into your gay cheerleading.

I'll 'just answer your question' when you demonstrate that you comprehend what I am saying. Until then, your just acting like a whiny little cunt.
    Sure I will - the second you demonstrate that you comprehend what I said.

Since you not only will not - but are both intellectually and ethically incapable of - demonstrating that, you will probably be waiting a while.

Your original post, stating it's all about the laffer curve.

I ask a simple question regarding tax cuts.

You flip out and start name calling.

If it's all about laffer curve, then explain how it, and how ending the tax breaks helped Puerto Rico.

You are going off a graph, I'm going off real world examples.

So explain the laffer curve, and show that Puerto Rico's tax breaks only helped the rich, and when they stopped the corporate tax breaks, the people were better off.

Explain how the laffer curve gets to that answer

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Your original post, stating it's all about the laffer curve.

I ask a simple question regarding tax cuts.

You flip out and start name calling.

If it's all about laffer curve, then explain how it, and how ending the tax breaks helped Puerto Rico.

You are going off a graph, I'm going off real world examples.

So explain the laffer curve, and show that Puerto Rico's tax breaks only helped the rich, and when they stopped the corporate tax breaks, the people were better off.

Explain how the laffer curve gets to that answer
      I asked you to demonstrate that you know what I was saying. After which, I would answer your question.

You have failed to demonstrate that you comprehended what I was saying.

Consider the entirety of what I posted, the implication of me introducing the concept of the Laffer curve, and the audience I introduced it to - and the demographic of that audience.

Let's see how long it takes you to get it.

Comment

I asked you to demonstrate that you know what I was saying. After which, I would answer your question.

You have failed to demonstrate that you comprehended what I was saying.

Consider the entirety of what I posted, the implication of me introducing the concept of the Laffer curve, and the audience I introduced it to - and the demographic of that audience.

Let's see how long it takes you to get it.

I think the laffer graph is something you don't understand. You heard on some talking points before and now you parrot it.

Finding an equilibrium between revenue and tax rates, that's what the laffer curve shows.

According to you and the laffer curve, what should be the rate in US, and what should it be in PR?

If your position is tax breaks only help the rich, explain how it helped Puerto Rican people when they ended their tax breaks in 2006?

You should be able to explain, it is your own posts.

Comment

I think the laffer graph is something you don't understand. You heard on some talking points before and now you parrot it.

Finding an equilibrium between revenue and tax rates, that's what the laffer curve shows.

According to you and the laffer curve, what should be the rate in US, and what should it be in PR?

If your position is tax breaks only help the rich, explain how it helped Puerto Rican people when they ended their tax breaks in 2006?

You should be able to explain, it is your own posts.
          You continue to demonstrate that you don't comprehend what I was saying.

Try again. Try harder. Think harder. Before you do that though, try to be a better person - that is the thing which is holding you back the most from being able to comprehend.

Comment

You continue to demonstrate that you don't comprehend what I was saying.

Try again. Try harder. Think harder. Before you do that though, try to be a better person - that is the thing which is holding you back the most from being able to comprehend.

Comprehend what?

You aren't saying anything.

"Laffer curve proves it"

How? Explain how laffer curve shows that Puerto Rican people were better off after tax breaks ended in 2006.

You can't just say "laffer curve you illiterates" and not be able to explain your claim.

That's a telltale sign that you don't really understand what your talking or how it applies to real life

Comment

Comprehend what?

You aren't saying anything.

"Laffer curve proves it"

How? Explain how laffer curve shows that Puerto Rican people were better off after tax breaks ended in 2006.

You can't just say "laffer curve you illiterates" and not be able to explain your claim.

That's a telltale sign that you don't really understand what your talking or how it applies to real life
              I explained what you need to do in order to understand what I was saying.

You keep failing. Here is all you need to do: don't be a cunt. Stop being a useless cunt, and you will have a decent chance of comprehending.

Try again. It isn't hard, it isn't a trick. But I am wondering if you can do it.

Comment

I explained what you need to do in order to understand what I was saying.

You keep failing. Here is all you need to do: don't be a cunt. Stop being a useless cunt, and you will have a decent chance of comprehending.

Try again. It isn't hard, it isn't a trick. But I am wondering if you can do it.

What do you want me to comprehend?

So far you have said "laffer curves explains it illiterates"

Have I missed something else you posted that needs comprehension?

I comprehend that you believe laffer curve proves your point, can you explain how?

How much better off are the people of Puerto Rico now that those tax breaks ended in 2006?
                Explain how the laffer curves shows that Puerto Rican people are better off now than in 2006?

Comment

• You've came up with what is called a "checkmate question".

He cannot answer it. And that's because the answer will destroy his entire argument and his ideology as well.

So he demands you jump through hoops to get an answer from him. No matter how many hoops you jump through, he just puts up more hoops and continues to refuse to answer it.

He'll do this til the end of time if need be. It's his schtick.

Do what I do. Take this checkmate question and ask it to others in other debates. They will also be unable to answer it.

That's all attrition guys like him are useful for. Since they must say something in return, they keep coming back. And when they duck a point or question, they show you there simply is no answer or rebuttal. If there was, they'd present it. When an attrition guy ducks like this, it's a guarantee no one else is going to be able to touch it either.

Sooner or later you'll get to ask it to a liberal in person. That deer in the headlights look you'll get to see while their brain spins trying to come up with an answer is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                  X