No announcement yet.

How to get yourself fired on Twitter in 3....2....1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    This b^tch must be new. Black diners don't tip nobody most of the time lol. Neither do Hispanic diners really. Ain't got sh^t to do with you being white you silly hoe. You coulda looked like a young Kerry Washington & you'd have gotten pocket lint.

And tipping is some dumb sh^t anyway. Just pay waitresses fair wages don't make them dance for their dinner every night. If you suck at waitressing you shouldn't get small tips you should get f#cking fired.

you understand that there would be no incentive for good service and your food would cost just as much, right? probably more.

and waiters and waitresses would get paid less because they'd have to claim every cent as income instead of just pocketing tips that are cash.

american dining is among the very best in the world, and service has a huge affect on that.

the only people i've ever heard of having a problem with tipping are broke motherf#ckers, sociopaths, or brits who eat really, really bad food. like really. they **** everything bt breakfast up royally and the food is legit disgusting. it's only palatable if you're ****faced.
    Last edited by New England; 09-05-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      you understand that there would be no incentive for good service and your food would cost just as much, right? probably more.
      Huh?!?! So are you saying that all people in the service industry who don't get tips are mostly a$$holes?

Plus I'd argue the incentive if you don't provide good service as a waitress is the same as in any other career. You get f#cking fired. People that don't do their job well, tipped or not, get fired. Thats sorta how maintaining a job works.

and waiters and waitresses would get paid less because they'd have to claim every cent as income instead of just pocketing tips that are cash.

american dining is among the very best in the world, and service has a huge affect on that.
      They are supposed to claim there tips now aren't they?!?! Not sure what you mean there. Unless you are simply saying they should cheat the tax man which I got no major problem with so fair play I guess.

As for "american dining" I don't give one single f#ck if some Mexican or Canadian wants to experience American dining or some dipsh^t wants to fly here for a meal.

the only people i've ever heard of having a problem with tipping are broke motherf#ckers, sociopaths, or brits who eat really, really bad food. like really. they **** everything bt breakfast up royally and the food is legit disgusting. it's only palatable if you're ****faced.
      I'm not broke or a Brit, although I could be a sociopath as thats supposedly not THAT uncommon (1 in 100 iirc), but my main reasoning is I think its a outdated concept of payment. When I go out to eat I just wanna pay for the experience at cost (whatever that is & with the assumption cost would increase a nice % if tipping wasn't around) & not have to judge the f#cking help & whats proper payment for excellent, good, okay or bad waitressing to properly pay this chick or dude who's getting f#cked over by their cheap employer. F#ck all that bs I just wanna eat some food.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Huh?!?! So are you saying that all people in the service industry who don't get tips are mostly a$$holes?

Plus I'd argue the incentive if you don't provide good service as a waitress is the same as in any other career. You get f#cking fired. People that don't do their job well, tipped or not, get fired. Thats sorta how maintaining a job works.

They are supposed to claim there tips now aren't they?!?! Not sure what you mean there. Unless you are simply saying they should cheat the tax man which I got no major problem with so fair play I guess.

As for "american dining" I don't give one single f#ck if some Mexican or Canadian wants to experience American dining or some dipsh^t wants to fly here for a meal.

I'm not broke or a Brit, although I could be a sociopath as thats supposedly not THAT uncommon (1 in 100 iirc), but my main reasoning is I think its a outdated concept of payment. When I go out to eat I just wanna pay for the experience at cost (whatever that is & with the assumption cost would increase a nice % if tipping wasn't around) & not have to judge the f#cking help & whats proper payment for excellent, good, okay or bad waitressing to properly pay this chick or dude who's getting f#cked over by their cheap employer. F#ck all that bs I just wanna eat some food.

again, if you're just eating at macdonalds nobody gives a****, but if you're paying 50-100 for a steak you want excellent service, and there is no incentive if you're not tipping.

there's a big difference between an ******* and excellent service, and bridging that gap is incentivized by tipping. you'll never get excellent service when standard service is adequate and enough to not get you fired.

and yes, servers don't claim a large portion of their cash tips and it's generally accepted by the IRS that this occurs.

servers can actually earn a decent living, even if they're not at a high end establishment. all of that goes out hte window when you take tips away.

the main issue is that restaurants historically have very dynamic, very high overhead and that their margins are super low. lower than almost all other businesses. been in sales for years now and i can tell you this from experience, and you'll see it backed up if you do some research on your own. they're outsourcing the management essentially of servers to customers. good service, good tip. that's a mechanism of management. it also functions to keep the cost of your food down, and the cost of your service becomes explicit and dependent on the quality of the service.

go ahead and propose a better system, or find another system in a country with better fine dining than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          again, if you're just eating at macdonalds nobody gives a****, but if you're paying 50-100 for a steak you want excellent service, and there is no incentive if you're not tipping.
          Its not just at $50-$100 for a steak places. Every bs diner takes tips, virtually anything deemed not fast food has tipping.

Firing you for sucking at your job isn't an incentive??? I mean okay maybe its more of a deterrent than incentive, but it ultimately does the same job.

there's a big difference between an ******* and excellent service, and bridging that gap is incentivized by tipping. you'll never get excellent service when standard service is adequate and enough to not get you fired.
          Wtf is excellent service at a place to eat? You getting head while waiting for your meal? Its not THAT difficult a job. You act nice, you take people's orders, you bring the food, you fill up the drinks when required. This is like any other service industry job outside of the particulars. You be nice & considerate to the customer or you get fired.

and yes, servers don't claim a large portion of their cash tips and it's generally accepted by the IRS that this occurs.
          Yea fair enough there.

servers can actually earn a decent living, even if they're not at a high end establishment. all of that goes out hte window when you take tips away.
          Googling average waitress pay seems to suggest they make less then 24k a year/2k a month. Idk why the employer couldn't pay that to the waitress themselves & bump prices up accordingly like every other company does. It would probably kill some joints, but there are probably too many restaurants out there anyway.

the main issue is that restaurants historically have very dynamic, very high overhead and that their margins are super low. lower than almost all other businesses. been in sales for years now and i can tell you this from experience, and you'll see it backed up if you do some research on your own. they're outsourcing the management essentially of servers to customers. good service, good tip. that's a mechanism of management. it also functions to keep the cost of your food down, and the cost of your service becomes explicit and dependent on the quality of the service.

go ahead and propose a better system, or find another system in a country with better fine dining than ours.
          That sounds like the special risks that a restaurant has to contend with (other businesses got other risks) along with the normal risks any business takes. I still don't see what difference it makes to tip some food workers & not others & to have all businesses to operate the same along this structure. Plenty of businesses have low margins & they still gotta pay workers the minimum wage or whatever the market allows. I don't see anything THAT special with food workers that should require tipping outside of it being the accepted protocol currently.

Comment

Working...
          X