does god exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Oh I understand.

However, I've always wondered why non-believers say such things. I mean, if you truly want no part of believing, shouldn't you shout something like, "Universe dam it!" or something like that? Ha.

It's a habit, non believers were once brainwashed to believe, due to family mostly, or teachers, or something like that. Maybe school. So it's ingrained in their vocab. It comes down to a lack of better word/phrase type of thing. These are the phrases that are accepted in society, and these are the phrases that have been brainwashed into people also by television.

No adult actually believes in Santa Claus, many people don't believe the background behind Christmas (Jesus Christ birthday)...yet nobody wants to be the Grinch who stole Christmas so they just go along with the holiday as a family gathering and a day to give gifts.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The thing with science is that it doesn't pretend to know exactly how the universe was created, it just theorizes it. Believers of god creating everything are being lazy, saying someone created it and let's leave it at that. No proof needed, it just is what it is, very simple.

Why do we exist? There's no grand reason. That's what i'm trying to say, we're insignificant. We don't have a grand purpose. Our individual purpose is to reproduce and raise our off-springs, to continue the human race, so we can continue giving ourselves the opportunity to get smarter and keep evolving to whatever it is we will be before Earth comes to an end billions of years from now.

How were we created? Evolution, we started from small life forms in water and evolved.

Why? The Earth was a perfect environment for different life to form.

The end? The end will either be ourselves ending the planet with pollution or nuclear war, or by some miracle we live as long as the Earth lives.
      At least you figured out that your pseudoscientific theory gives you no purpose.. just random events that will replace whatever is ruined.

But you are wrong about Christians for they've made most of the greatest scientific discoveries.

Ypu are also wrong about evolutionism, which is not science but rather dogmatic diatribes of silly pantheistic creation myths
      Last edited by maracho; 08-15-2017, 02:35 AM.

Comment

It's a habit, non believers were once brainwashed to believe, due to family mostly, or teachers, or something like that. Maybe school. So it's ingrained in their vocab. It comes down to a lack of better word/phrase type of thing. These are the phrases that are accepted in society, and these are the phrases that have been brainwashed into people also by television.

No adult actually believes in Santa Claus, many people don't believe the background behind Christmas (Jesus Christ birthday)...yet nobody wants to be the Grinch who stole Christmas so they just go along with the holiday as a family gathering and a day to give gifts.
        Reminds me of a Louis CK bit (0:53 to end of video)

Comment

Oh I understand.

However, I've always wondered why non-believers say such things. I mean, if you truly want no part of believing, shouldn't you shout something like, "Universe dam it!" or something like that? Ha.
          Good point, and since he said cussing God in vain is a habit from childhood, it could indicate incessant antichristian tantrums-- unconsciously against their true father.
          Last edited by maracho; 08-15-2017, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Right but brainwashing session is over. I mean I understand someone saying Jesus Christ since he as a real person and regardless what you think of him, it's understandable.

However, it seems like it's time for non-believers to come up with their own curse words. Universe dam it or space dam it or sun dam it. Sun dam it actually isn't bad. Kind of like mix of damn it and son of a b1tch. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
              Good point, and since he said cussing God in vain is a habit from childhood, it could indicate incessant antichristian tantrums-- against their true father.
              That, plus it's a clear indicator of non-faith. Would be very telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                There are none. I grew out of it just like kids grow out of the santa clause faze.

Why do parents lie to their kids about Santa? So they could behave.

god is Santa Clause for adults.
                So wy do you behave?

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
                  Are you saying governments had great reason to antagonize heroes in the Bible ?

And why?
                  Yes, assuming the fairy tale told in the bible were to have happened in real life.

This magic man comes out of nowhere claiming to be the son of god and to kneel before him or else you will spend your eternity in a burning dark evil room with a boogeyman. They had every single reason to antagonize this guy and call him out on his bs.

Comment

Very true and idolatry is everywhere.
                    Oh that's just comical now.

Coming from a believer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      So wy do you behave?
                      Because it's the right thing to do duh... God has nothing to do with being a decent person overall. Behaving is something that should be done whether you believe or not.

That's the thing with these Christians or Catholics or whatever bs you call yourself. You've been brainwashed to believe that you either believe in god and are all good and perfect or you don't and are the root of all evil...

The funniest thing is, these people that "claim" to believe in a god are hands down the WORST people I have ever come across.

Comment

Working...
                      X