No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOLDKING View Post
    bitcoin back to 20k at least by december 2018. no other crypto comes close to bitcoins security protocol and resistance to censorship except maybe monero.
    Bitcoin takes 30-45 minutes to go from a to b

Other coins as secure take 20 seconds

Bitcoin is trash but a great investment coin due to its reputation

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      AOL in that its been around first? I definitely don't believe its some dated concept yet by any means. Crypto is gonna be around for our lifetimes & BTC is the most likely suspect to still lead the pack for the foreseeable future if not for our lifetimes.

I think people are failing to realize this thing has had & will continue to have ups & downs. People love getting out the lube & jacking off the ups & wanna bury it at the downs.

But take a look. It was up 10x from 7 months ago. Thats MFING INSANE. I believe its still up 500% THIS YEAR. This is a correction happening not "the bubble" popping.

People are ignoring basic sh^t like this cuz most of y'all mfers are noobs to this sh^t & all y'all love living in the black & white while ignoring the giant gray area most of the world exists in.

Feel free to bury it while the smart mfers buy it doe.

Yep. Because this looks like one of the biggest dips, & there is no assurance the bottom has been hit yet so it could end up being the biggest dip still, it could be one of the longer recoveries so nothing crazy said here cuz we w/e happens all I'm sure of is we haven't seen the ATH yet.

Randomly I've seen a few cats say they think ETH could take over as the #1 coin in the near future, but I still think thats a longshot.
      The only reason eth shot up was because you need so god damn much of it to change for other coins

Once fairx launches, eth will drop imo

Fairx will be a game changer for crypto trades

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        Bitcoin takes 30-45 minutes to go from a to b

Other coins as secure take 20 seconds

Bitcoin is trash but a great investment coin due to its reputation
        So you haven't heard of the lightning network? Almost instant transactions for very low fees.
        Bitcoin infrastructure is still being built upon with more layers and side chains.
        Was the internet a fully working technology upon release or was it developed and improved upon over many years?
        What other coins are as secure and decentralised as bitcoin?

Comment

The only reason eth shot up was because you need so god damn much of it to change for other coins

Once fairx launches, eth will drop imo

Fairx will be a game changer for crypto trades
          A good exchange with solid support that takes multiple currencies will do well right now thats for sure. You need a prayer to 7 different all knowing all powerful gods, a rabbits foot, $2 bill in your shoe & a relative in the mob to get a response from the current ones in 5 days or less thats not some automated bs.

And sh^t man ETH & a bunch of things will drop, but ETH will still go up long term like any other quality coin & I'd be surprised if it becomes less than a top 2 coin anytime soon. The market cap on this isn't close to being reached so its up & up for any solid coin.

Comment

So you haven't heard of the lightning network? Almost instant transactions for very low fees.
            Bitcoin infrastructure is still being built upon with more layers and side chains.
            Was the internet a fully working technology upon release or was it developed and improved upon over many years?
            What other coins are as secure and decentralised as bitcoin?
            I heard of that and read in Into it- I also own lite coin which I got in early after seeing a presentation on it at work

Bitcoin is brilliant, but technology moves on, you have various alt coins that could easily move from place a to place b and it is cheaper than bitcoin. Xlm and Xrp are couple . Both are being designed as a payment system for financial institutions

Ripple is being used by Bank of America, Santander bank and by South Korea/China as a trial payment system

It will be so so easy to implement that into other sectors once it gets into the financial sector which has rejected bitcoin as it’s payment source

Stellar as I said is another which you can read into

There are so many other coins just as secure but cheaper and quicker

Dash and so on but being honest, I specifically looked into bitcoin/litecoin and the two above I mentioned as saw Those two banking system payments as being far superior

I forgot to mentioned ibm are using stellar to design a payment system for banks too....

I ain’t saying I am right or you are wrong but what I will say is read into them all and then make up your mind and go with it. I’ve made up my own mind, bitcoin will rise in value but as a coin it is flawed compared to others but it is an investment coin now which means it will go up

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              A good exchange with solid support that takes multiple currencies will do well right now thats for sure. You need a prayer to 7 different all knowing all powerful gods, a rabbits foot, $2 bill in your shoe & a relative in the mob to get a response from the current ones in 5 days or less thats not some automated bs.

And sh^t man ETH & a bunch of things will drop, but ETH will still go up long term like any other quality coin & I'd be surprised if it becomes less than a top 2 coin anytime soon. The market cap on this isn't close to being reached so its up & up for any solid coin.
              I agree with the top part for sure, hence why I am holding hard on my stellar as it’s being used for fair x which will accept real world currencies and stellar to exchange for coins

With the second part, it could certainly happen for sure, honestly speaking eth will go up as so many investors use it to make a quick buck but I am convinced in the coins that I own will also shoot up

I got coins at like 0.05 which will be worth like 5, so I am delighted as I got tons of them, but god damn, it’s so addicting looking at prices on your phone and so on

Comment

I heard of that and read in Into it- I also own lite coin which I got in early after seeing a presentation on it at work

Bitcoin is brilliant, but technology moves on, you have various alt coins that could easily move from place a to place b and it is cheaper than bitcoin. Xlm and Xrp are couple . Both are being designed as a payment system for financial institutions

Ripple is being used by Bank of America, Santander bank and by South Korea/China as a trial payment system

It will be so so easy to implement that into other sectors once it gets into the financial sector which has rejected bitcoin as it’s payment source

Stellar as I said is another which you can read into

There are so many other coins just as secure but cheaper and quicker

Dash and so on but being honest, I specifically looked into bitcoin/litecoin and the two above I mentioned as saw Those two banking system payments as being far superior

I forgot to mentioned ibm are using stellar to design a payment system for banks too....

I ain’t saying I am right or you are wrong but what I will say is read into them all and then make up your mind and go with it. I’ve made up my own mind, bitcoin will rise in value but as a coin it is flawed compared to others but it is an investment coin now which means it will go up
                No other coin is as secure as bitcoin except possibly monero.
                As for ripple which is completely centralised and and has a potentially unlimited supply, the banks can just replace ripple with their own coin running on the same platform. The banks don't need xrp or xlm and there is no guarantee they will use them.
                I dont think you understand that the more decentralised a cryptocurrency is the more secure and censorship resistant it will be which is where bitcoin holds the advantage over every other crypto.

Comment

I agree with the top part for sure, hence why I am holding hard on my stellar as it’s being used for fair x which will accept real world currencies and stellar to exchange for coins

With the second part, it could certainly happen for sure, honestly speaking eth will go up as so many investors use it to make a quick buck but I am convinced in the coins that I own will also shoot up

I got coins at like 0.05 which will be worth like 5, so I am delighted as I got tons of them, but god damn, it’s so addicting looking at prices on your phone and so on
                  Oh yea I'm of the opinion a bunch of things, hopefully some or all of both our coins, maybe 30% haven't seen their ATH yet. And most of those are sh^tcoins not even legit coins. The legit coins are probably years away from seeing their ATH & the best coins will just keep going up in value.

Comment

No other coin is as secure as bitcoin except possibly monero.
                    As for ripple which is completely centralised and and has a potentially unlimited supply, the banks can just replace ripple with their own coin running on the same platform. The banks don't need xrp or xlm and there is no guarantee they will use them.
                    I dont think you understand that the more decentralised a cryptocurrency is the more secure and censorship resistant it will be which is where bitcoin holds the advantage over every other crypto.
                    Don’t believe twitter gossip my man. Nobody needs anything but what will be used is what is more useful. Hopefully the bottom clears up why bitcoin isn’t as good as some people say it is. Bitcoin isn’t a good coin but is a great investment coin. I didn’t write the below but explains it well

Stellar - Uses a custom federated Byzantine agreement called Stellar Consensus Protocol (SCP - https://i.imgur.com/l184Brl.png) which allows anyone to choose whom to trust, that means freedom and decentralisation. Stellar has fees very very cheap (almost no fees) but only to protect the network, those fees after used are given back to the community via pool inflation. So you may pay insane low fees but you receive them back, plus the Stellar Network requires the use of Lumens which means trust and value for the network, even to move other assets (because the network can have other assets even btc or xrp) you need to have Lumens.

Bitcoin - Uses a proof-of-work (POW) protocol as an economic measure to deter abuses such as spam on a network by requiring some work like mining, usually meaning processing time by a computer. This means that unless you make a setup and mine your own transactions you cannot choose whom to mine them. Basically, Bitcoin is a bunch of PC's fighting each others to mine blocks and make revenue. Bitcoin pays miners and fees are destroyed. The problem with Bitcoin is that since you cannot choose whom will mine your transactions any company with enough hash power can have majority control of the entire network, and that's what happens with Bitocin right now. Bitmain which builds the most well known and used miners has most control of network. I guess you already heard China mines more than 60% of the Bitcoin that's because it's true and Bitmain is Chinese too.

Ripple - Uses the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) or Ripple protocol and their network can be used without their asset XRP, for me does not imply trust and value in the network. Their protocol does not allow you to choose whom to trust and their network may have a lot of nodes but all those nodes are connected to a Ripple node controlled by the company so they may not be considered decentralised.

Most people do not understand the real meaning of decentralisation. I made this image so you can understand easily the differences: https://i.imgur.com/eM71wux.jpg

Comment

• Bought most of Crypto in mid November. Made more than double what I put in a month roughly. Saw a dip, put in a bit more but it's been dipping ever since. Todays the first day, i've seen constant growth since late December.

I put in like a fraction of money into ripple when it was hot, made x3 what I put in. Got out when it started dropping and put it into ICX. Especially as I could tell it was going to dip hard and it did, even before the correction. If the market stayed like it did roughly a month ago, I would have made a lot of money on ICX but they're all down.

I can't see it remaining this way for longer. Going to ride out the correction and when it starts to go out for a day or two, then I may just put some more money back in. I haven't put much money into crypto but i've still made money thankfully.

BTC, LTC, ETH, ICX owner.

Comment

Working...
                      X