No announcement yet.

Megalodon!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I think Megaladon, like other creatures from prehistoric times, have evolved into smaller versions of themselves. In this case megalodon are just the sharks we see today. Just like birds, lizards, crocs, snakes are descendants of dinosaurs. I mean if there were T-Rex's and Velociraptors still around i'm sure we'd record them with our smartphones. Megalodon does not look like a deep, deep, deep sea creature, it would appear eventually in semi shallow waters or deep waters but not deep enough to escape human discovery.
    Not how it works, Megalodon died out less then 4 million years ago. Great White Sharks are over 15 million years old. If they're gone, they died out not evolved into something new.

Also Lizards, snakes and turtles are not related to Dinosaurs at all...

Comment

Look at this monster, how many people actually would believe there's a shark this size around today?

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
        Not how it works, Megalodon died out less then 4 million years ago. Great White Sharks are over 15 million years old. If they're gone, they died out not evolved into something new.
        You don't know that. Less than 5% has been explored and the deep sea is far too dark to easily spot one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Conservative estimates of how big Megalodon was are 40 feet.

This is how big some estimates believe it could have got...

Until somebody drags out a shark larger than a freaking Gray Whale, I'm on the "no" boat.

a shark that fat has to be American

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Balkan View Post
            You don't know that. Less than 5% has been explored and the deep sea is far too dark to easily spot one.
            I'm not saying Megalodon cannot still be out there, I was just pointing out how Evolution takes much longer then a couple million years to morph something like a Megalodon.

If I had to put my $$$ on it though, I'd bet that Megalodon got out competed by smaller sharks and is extinct. But yeah, always a possibility, especially being that the ocean deep is by far the most food rich area in the entire planet.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
              I'm not saying Megalodon cannot still be out there, I was just pointing out how Evolution takes much longer then a couple million years to morph something like a Megalodon.

If I had to put my $$$ on it though, I'd bet that Megalodon got out competed by smaller sharks and is extinct. But yeah, always a possibility, especially being that the ocean deep is by far the most food rich area in the entire planet.
              We've got a stone age tribe living on the north sentinel island that has literally had zero human contact since they began 60,000 years ago. They've killed everyone on sight that's came to them. We know absolutely nothing about them

There is still much left to be discovered on this planet, let alone in the Ocean.

Comment

You see this Nazi uboat? using it to get a sense of scale of the shark, it means the Megalodon is 64 foot long. The image was too old to not be genuine.

20 years ago I was told about a sighting of a beached blue whale back in the 60's that was washed up on an island on the Indian ocean, it had been bitten in half from the tail up, guts everywhere.

We've only explored less than 5% of the worlds ocean, there's monsters out there.
                Fake
                https://arstechnica.com/business/201...a-documentary/

Comment

We've got a stone age tribe living on the north sentinel island that has literally had zero human contact since they began 60,000 years ago. They've killed everyone on sight that's came to them. We know absolutely nothing about them

There is still much left to be discovered on this planet, let alone in the Ocean.
                  Good points!

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    are we not able to go deeper into the ocean and find all these creepy fuks?
                    We actually kind of don't know crap about the deep ocean, probably some crazy fish and sheeet

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Was there anything in the ocean when Megalodon roamed it that it couldn't have beaten? Possibly the Leviathan Whale?
                      For sure the Leviathan Whale, one on one would be interesting... But these Whales traveled in pods...
                      So, lights out for Megalodon...

I think the Liopleurodon would have a shot if it were more maneuverable with speed... But as is, doubtful...

Comment

Working...
                      X