Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you spank your children? (NEED ADVICE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    As is expected, you are a Christian after all. We get our guidance from the Bible.
    Bible or not, I'd spank my kids

And what's this "we" business?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      As is expected, you are a Christian after all. We get our guidance from the Bible.
      Does it really say you can hit children in the Bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Actually that's what I am thinking. I'll be like Finn to BEEMO, spank them lightly in their butt. Then I'll tell them "to go in the corner and face the wall because that's what criminals will have to do when they break the law." Then ask, do you want to end up like a criminal?
        You will get the utmost respect from your child if you are completely fair. I always treat my son well unless he turns into a little ****. If he does, he quickly gets a lesson, whether it be by a stern warning, or by a spanking. And then after that, I go right back to being nice to him once he has stopped pouting. After a while, you will only have to give them the "stop or you know whats about to happen" look and they will immediately change their attitude. Kids are extremely smart and manipulative and they pick up on weaknesses like super humans so you have to let them know early on that you are not going to take their ****. My son learned that my wife is a weakling about 2 years ago and she already goes through hell with him because of it. He knows better than to try the same stuff on me

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Three weeks ago, I found out I'm going to be a father. Twins. I was excited for it initially then I'm now nervous as hell.

So, do you spank your children when they misbehave? By misbehave I mean, they kept screaming on you, kicking your feet for not getting what they want, then even if you try to talk to them, they'll scream even more. Would that be the line to spank them lightly in their ass?
          No, never hurt children, regardless of what they do. Quarantine them, deny them privileges, etc. but no violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
            You will get the utmost respect from your child if you are completely fair. I always treat my son well unless he turns into a little ****. If he does, he quickly gets a lesson, whether it be by a stern warning, or by a spanking. And then after that, I go right back to being nice to him once he has stopped pouting. After a while, you will only have to give them the "stop or you know whats about to happen" look and they will immediately change their attitude. Kids are extremely smart and manipulative and they pick up on weaknesses like super humans so you have to let them know early on that you are not going to take their ****. My son learned that my wife is a weakling about 2 years ago and she already goes through hell with him because of it. He knows better than to try the same stuff on me
            Yep, everything this guy just said^^^^^^

Same thing happens to my wife. She tries to be stern but my girls try to get away with everything with her. She gets angry when she tells my daughter to do something and she may not do it but all I have to do is look in her direction and say her name and she jumps right up.

Comment

spank?? hell no! beat? hell yeah! spanking is for white people.

Comment

You know what's funny is at work the other day someone asked me "what was worse as a kid, when you got a spanking or got put in time out?"

I'm like "what the heck is time out!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    My soon to be children are half white so it probably counts.

Comment

First off, congratulations on the impending fatherhood. I'd ****ing LOVE to have twins when I eventually start having kids.

My mom used to whoop my ass. Strip me down to my underwear, get the belt, and aim for my ass. Her aim was terrible, so she'd get me everywhere. That said, there's a difference between discipline and abuse. I got 6 whoopings, between the ages of like 4 and 14.

Hitting your child has a sweet spot, and its most effective when the kid is starting to develop empathy and the ability to reason. Also, don't mistake a spanking for a beating. To a young child, the act of spanking makes them cry because its punishment, not necessarily because it hurts.

Spanking adolescents isn't ideal, because by the time they reach that age, you should have been able to guide/mold them enough that issues can be solved through discussion or scolding, not hitting.

But of course, every child is unique and responds to different punishments in different ways. I have spoiled friends who were spared the rod, and it resulted in them being petulant and disrespectful to their parents, to the point that I want to beat the **** outta them. That said, I have a cousin who got her ass beat so much because she ****ed up so much, that beatings lost their desired effect, and she ended up stabbing the **** outta two girls, and bit another's ear off.

They key to spanking or discipline, is ensuring that your child knows you still love them. I used to run to my mom while she was whooping my ass, because she was the source of comfort when I was in pain, so even when she was belting me, I wanted her to make it better.

Good luck, and name the black twin after me.

Comment

Working...
                      X