Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you spank your children? (NEED ADVICE)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parents who hit their kids are unfit parents.

its fncked up that kids do bad things but......THEYRE KIDS !
    we all were kids and we all did fncked up things. we all got beat up by GIANTS who were supposed to love and protect us.

was it the beatings that turned us into better people or did we just grow up and getting beat up by GIANTS made no impact ?

smdh....how would parents like it if someone 5x THEIR size beat up on them ?!?!?!?

Comment

It's different times these days. I'm 38 and when I was growing up it was totally ok to whip your kids and after being a father for 15 years and being experienced as a parent I have no issues with me getting a whipping because it kept me in line and made me realize there's a consequence for your actions. That being said, I don't whip my kids. I've had to put a hand on them yes but nothing with a belt. They're really other ways to discipline your kids without using belts and **** like that. Besides these cops will haul your ass off to jail these days.

Comment

There is plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that spanking (or beating) your kids is more likely to do harm than good, and I don't do things just for the sake of doing them so I won't be spanking my kids.

I was beat regularly as a child and can't say it benefitted me in anyway. The only thing it does is instill fear which created incentive for me to hide what I was doing from my parents as much as possible (even when it came to things they wouldn't disagree with me doing). That's not the kind of relationship I'd hope to foster with my children.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          You know what's funny is at work the other day someone asked me "what was worse as a kid, when you got a spanking or got put in time out?"

I'm like "what the heck is time out!?"
          Lmfao, my man!

I've never had a time out, never been denied privileges, etc.

My mom beat my ass, would be like "You're grounded!" Then my dogs would use the "secret call" to let me know they were on the street waiting for me, and she'd be like "...go."

This "time out" **** didn't exist in my world.
          Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 01-27-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            There is plenty of scientific evidence to suggest that spanking (or beating) your kids is more likely to do harm than good, and I don't do things just for the sake of doing them so I won't be spanking my kids.

I was beat regularly as a child and can't say it benefitted me in anyway. The only thing it does is instill fear which created incentive for me to hide what I was doing from my parents as much as possible (even when it came to things they wouldn't disagree with me doing). That's not the kind of relationship I'd hope to foster with my children.
            parents beat up kids out of their own frustrations and benefits. i was also beaten up and it almost had the exact opposite effect.

if people arent prepared to go through those hard times with kids, they shouldnt have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie Normis View Post
              You will get the utmost respect from your child if you are completely fair. I always treat my son well unless he turns into a little ****. If he does, he quickly gets a lesson, whether it be by a stern warning, or by a spanking. And then after that, I go right back to being nice to him once he has stopped pouting. After a while, you will only have to give them the "stop or you know whats about to happen" look and they will immediately change their attitude. Kids are extremely smart and manipulative and they pick up on weaknesses like super humans so you have to let them know early on that you are not going to take their ****. My son learned that my wife is a weakling about 2 years ago and she already goes through hell with him because of it. He knows better than to try the same stuff on me
              This is very true, especially about being fair. My kids have actually apologized to me after being disciplined, so it let's me know they totally understand they did something wrong. Kids these days are way smarter than most think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

This is precisely why I said there's a difference between discipline and abuse. I never felt the need to avoid my folks or hide, because I wasn't abused, I was disciplined, and I was loved.

Six times I got a hiding. Six. Because I ****ed up monumentally six times.

When parents take it to far, it ceases being productive. Discipline exists to build the foundations of the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. If it lays the foundations of fear, it becomes abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                  parents who hit their kids are unfit parents.

its fncked up that kids do bad things but......THEYRE KIDS !
                  we all were kids and we all did fncked up things. we all got beat up by GIANTS who were supposed to love and protect us.

was it the beatings that turned us into better people or did we just grow up and getting beat up by GIANTS made no impact ?

smdh....how would parents like it if someone 5x THEIR size beat up on them ?!?!?!?
                  your parents never whooped yo ass, that's how you ended up with that display picture.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    your parents never whooped yo ass, that's how you ended up with that display picture.
                    yeah.....thats it !
                    which means you never had parents because you dont have an avy.

bummer

parents are great when they are releasing THEIR frustrations out on someone 1/5 their size.

Comment

parents who plan on beating up kids should remember.....kids grow up

Comment

Working...
                      X