Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin Kapernick Refuses to Stand for the National Anthem Over Treatment of Minorities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair all these trump fan boys telling him to leave 'Merica are morons. The whole point of that flag being defended was to give people freedom which includes freedom of speech even if you don't necessarily agree with what he's saying. So pretty much your supporting what he's standing up against and telling him he doesn't have the freedom to say it. Which is oppression.

I don't think he's the right guy to do it per se, but it's nice to see guys are using their platform to send a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
      To be fair all these trump fan boys telling him to leave 'Merica are morons. The whole point of that flag being defended was to give people freedom which includes freedom of speech even if you don't necessarily agree with what he's saying. So pretty much your supporting what he's standing up against and telling him he doesn't have the freedom to say it. Which is oppression.

I don't think he's the right guy to do it per se, but it's nice to see guys are using their platform to send a message.
      if a person doesnt like where they live, they should seek out a place where they feel is better suited to their style. its like going to a restaurant where you hate the food but you keep going just to complain. youre free to do it but whats the point ?

as for colons choice of platform, it wasnt his to take that stand. he had all week to let people know he doesnt like the way blacks are treated.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Why do people like you keep repeating this lie? Jesse Williams doesn't come from an "affluent" background and neither does Kaepernick.
        They come from a background that is much better than the "oppressed" people they are speaking in defense of. To me this is a PR stunt to showoff their black side. Interracial people tend to have more of an identity crisis than most for obvious reasons.

Even if they did, it wouldn't make them immune to racism.
        Fair point, but by that same token no one is immune to racism. And seriously speaking how much racism do you really think this guy had to endure during his life?

Now if we are talking about my man Young Thug being discriminated against I'd be prone to believe that a lot more

But it is amusing how you assume any other NFL player came from "poverty."
        I don't assume, the numbers don't lie. 70% of NFL is black, 72% of Black people in America are on Welfare, you do the math.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
          if a person doesnt like where they live, they should seek out a place where they feel is better suited to their style. its like going to a restaurant where you hate the food but you keep going just to complain. youre free to do it but whats the point ?

as for colons choice of platform, it wasnt his to take that stand. he had all week to let people know he doesnt like the way blacks are treated.
          Why would he do it during the week when he can do it on TV and make more of a statement? If the racists don't like people of color they can go to Russia where being a bigot is the norm. America was built as one great giant melting pot of all races. We are suppose to be the example. People just can't let the 60's go. Hell people can even let the 1800's go. It's pathetic how northern country boys drive around with a rebel flag. Piece of ****s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
            They come from a background that is much better than the "oppressed" people they are speaking in defense of. To me this is a PR stunt to showoff their black side. Interracial people tend to have more of an identity crisis than most for obvious reasons.

Fair point, but by that same token no one is immune to racism. And seriously speaking how much racism do you really think this guy had to endure during his life?

Now if we are talking about my man Young Thug being discriminated against I'd be prone to believe that a lot more

I don't assume, the numbers don't lie. 70% of NFL is black, 72% of Black people in America are on Welfare, you do the math.

Neither one comes from an affluent background. Period. You trying to portray them that way is either a lie or you don't know the definition of affluent. Your claim that both just want to "show off their black side" would be comical if it wasn't so stupid.

If you think black men have to look like a lil Wayne type before they experience any racism, you are clearly ignorant and uninformed. Also, the topic is Jesse Williams and Kaepernick. Not every other race.

Aside from that, you have absolutely nothing to support your claim that every black player in the NFL other than Kaepernick grew up in poverty.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 08-28-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• If you can't make it as a black person in America you can't make it as anyone anywhere. Period. Doesn't get any easier. Nowhere else does anyone get as much assistance and special treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                If you can't make it as a black person in America you can't make it as anyone anywhere. Period. Doesn't get any easier. Nowhere else does anyone get as much assistance and special treatment.
                come to the projects with thata talk if u thank its easy out here,,,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Neither one comes from an affluent background. Period. You trying to portray them that way is either a lie or you don't know the definition of affluent. Your claim that both just want to "show off their black side" would be comical if it wasn't so stupid.
                  I'm portraying them as being much better off than the impoverished truly discriminated against black folk. And this is absolutely their way of showing off.

If you think black men have to look like a lil Wayne type before they experience any racism, you are clearly ignorant and uninformed. Also, the topic is Jesse Williams and Kaepernick. Not every other race.
                  You're reading comprehension is as$ so let me help you out. When you look like Jesse Williams or kap you are way less likely to be discriminated against than if you look like young thug. Everyone faces some sort of discrimination at one point, but I'd bet money that these two face a whole lot less than most.

Aside from that, you have absolutely nothing to support your claim that every black player in the NFL other than Kaepernick grew up in poverty.
                  Aside from what? actual statistics. No not every single black NFL player came out of poverty, but majority clearly did.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                    If you can't make it as a black person in America you can't make it as anyone anywhere. Period. Doesn't get any easier. Nowhere else does anyone get as much assistance and special treatment.
                    Germany & England would be perfectly good alternatives. Anywhere else in the world, nope.

Comment

• He can say whatever the **** he wants. Hes an american. Its what we do. You got a problem see me in the ****ing dome *******

Comment

Working...
                      X