Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroin use in U.S. at epidemic levels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody knows the risks when taking drugs, so I've got no sympathy for people that get themselves into trouble with drugs, that's on them.

Comment

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
      We know Major Tom's a junkie.

Comment

I've watched a couple documentaries on this too. Truly an epidemic and something the leaders must do something about on a general scale. The problem is that there's a fundamental problem ongoing for probably a couple decades(?) with prescription painkillers and so it has developed into a national disease of sorts which isn't just 'fixable' like that. There actually needs to be a public shift in attitude towards the use of prescription drugs allowing for future generation change.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          I've been following Colorado pretty closely since legalization took place, and I have several friends who live in the state who've been doing the same.
          Thank you for that info.

Only thing I'd add is that the studies may have to be more long term as opposed to short term in order to have more data and thus tell a more complete story. Of course as you said, they also need to be conducted with open minds as opposed to an agenda being behind them.

One positive effect seen already is that Colorado is no longer imprisoning folks for simply having/using weed. That's a good thing.

The other positive effect I've heard is that the tax revenues from the weed are much higher than the government there estimated. Do you know if that is actually true though?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            I'll buy all the 80 mg Oxy I can get, 10 $ per pill max.
            Hopefully Jhonny doesnt get into your stash. He might be the first pup on Intervention lol

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              My ex-gf like from 5 years ago little sister had a heroin problem. Chick was like 14 at the time.
              thats f'n crazy man, 14? When I was 14 I was watching WcW wearing nWo 4 Life shirts telling everyone sweeeeet! Hell I think I still thought it was real, couldnt have even fathomed knowing where to get a hit of heroin.

Comment

Why don't people on morphine on hospital come out and becoming heroin addicts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  Why don't people on morphine on hospital come out and becoming heroin addicts ?
                  I'm assuming it's because they aren't sent home with a bottle of percocets. It takes a few weeks to get addicted.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Hopefully Jhonny doesnt get into your stash. He might be the first pup on Intervention lol
                      Jhonny loves smoking herb.....

He made me pay top dollar for a tiny weed sac....

Jhonny takes sacks to the neck... He is so chill right now....

Comment

Working...
                      X